Tuesday, May 29

three buckets and 'thing number 6'...

thank you for all your loveliness over the past few days, it has really warmed me to read all your messages...and i can assure you dear readers, that just because the 'four hungry children' returned to school today, i was not just lying around admiring my pile of newspapers...
nope, i set to work on a new set of bags, not sure why but i am beginning to like making bags in threes...

so i give to you the 'doris summer bucket bags #1, #2 and #3', if you would like to take a closer look, then you'll find them here





now let's get on with 'Thing Number 6' ~ AVOIDANCE, this is very apt as i have avoided finishing the whole tagging thing for days ("you said it Tif" i hear you cry). so for readers that are relatively new to my little blog world, you can catch up over here, before continuing...

it has been increasingly obvious in the past few years that i have mastered the 'technic of avoiding things' let's just take a look at a few things and then you can decide for yourselves...

1. reading a manual for any gadget or machinery (my camera skills is a classic example, although our #1 commented that they were getting better, and i think she could be right)
2. a menu for the week, i am fully aware that this would cut down on a lot of extra work, but even after seventeen years of marriage i have only managed a total of 9 weeks of menus. (this is why at 6:30 the 'four hungry children' are asking what's for dinner and i reply "salad" and then the meal is unrecognisable)
3. drinking the last drop of liquid in a cup or glass, never have and probably never will
4. 'sleepovers', enough said
5. anything domestic, piles sit around, laundry heaps up and i can't quite manage to pick up the pile i just swept...
6. anything that involves paperwork, oh and school projects...
7. school work, i'm talking my school work when i was at school...yes it even goes back as far as that
8. chain letters, chain emails and also tagging
9. looking in the mirror with glasses on, not cause i don't like my glasses, it's just that if i'm not wearing them, i don't see detail, which in turn means i stay forever twenty eight!!
10. just about anything that isn't fun, interesting or crafty...

basically i walk around with 'blinkers' on, avoiding things...

as i worked on this list, i realized i am no different to the 'four hungry children', who exasperate me when i ask them for the umpteenth time to "pick up", "help me"or "could you do this", yet if i had said "let's go to Target, wander the 'toy' and 'make-up' aisles and then go get an ice cream" they'd be in the car before i had finished my sentence (sadly i realize, i don't say that often enough...)

soon i will be able to cross off one thing on my 'avoidance' list, oh yes by the end of the week i am determined to finish with the 'longest drawn out tagging ever' and send it on to others...

feeling liberated ~ Tif

9 comments:

Hear Me Roar! said...

Yeay! Let me take your hand (gently of course) and guide you along on this journey. Take baby steps, as it's quite easy to trip while you're learning how to avoid avoidance. Now on to thing 7!

Tracy x said...

You could quite happily come live at my house - honestly you would feel right at home.... not quite empty teacups strewn around the house, piles of laundry in varying stages of cleaness, and always without a doubt a pile of sweepings next to the Aga. Now i never sweep that pile into the bin - so i have Stephen to thank because if he didn't do it then i doubt you would be able to see one half of the cooker!
Heck why change if we don't have to??
Tracy x

debbie said...

I am so with you on avoiding the last little bit of a drink behind. Espcially with my cups of tea. What's all that about then?

Anonymous said...

as a mother of five......I totally get it!
my husband refers to me as the Queen of Piles......*hrm* I told him that was not very flattering.....LOL.
now they are grown, they all have wings...but the first thing they say when they enter the door is: "Where is mom?"
"Somewhere under the piles", he answers.....:)

Anonymous said...

I have five children, so I totally get it!
My husband lovingly refers to me as the Queen of Piles....to which I say: "that is not very flattering!"
Now, my children all have wings, but when they return home, they burst through the door and say: "Where's mom?"
To which my husband replies: "Somewhere under the piles"........LOL
Gilda Radner's mother said: "It's always something......"

Anonymous said...

hello, i just found your blog - so lovely over here and your profile made me laugh!!!

Love your bags and other work!!!

Gigibird said...

Firstly I love the colour combinations of the fabric you used on your new bags - lovely.
Secondly avoidance - I too never read the instructions - my camera has a CD thingy with all the information on - never even tried to find out what it says. I think that is more a personality thing than avoidance. I am also incapable of planning menus for the week ahead, and now I have stopped even trying. Your children aren't starving so don't worry.
I have a theory that a creative mind should not be confined by imposing routine upon it.
If I were do all the things I was meant to I could have no time to think creatively and I’d be as miserable as sin. I think you’d be the same.

Ragged Roses said...

Hello - it's my first visit to your site and I'm really pleased I came! Love the bags! I never finish my tea or water and never eat the crusts of my sandwich!
Kimx

Jane said...

I've just got to your blog via Gigibird I think.
I should really respond to one of the posts further up but this one was so recognisable.
I am that peanuts character who has a dust cloud following him. I am the Cat in the Hat with the mess (but no things ABC. . .) that transfers itself from one thing to another.

I honestly don't know where it all comes from - but then I remember "Oh I had that buttery knife, that cup, that box of pins . . " I think I have a magnetic floor as everything seems to end up there in a rubble.

Unfortunately eldest daughter has inherited this gene - she is learning to cook at the moment.

But it is summer and sunny so I am off to ignore the house and bask in the garden,

I collected vintage costume until I decided it was silly having so many beautiful things in may parents wardrobes given that I left home 19 years ago. I love your stuff.


J
x