Wednesday, May 9

show and tell #1...

as i mentioned yesterday, i have decided to introduce a weekly slot of "show and tell", reason #1. because i like 'peanuts' as in "snoopy", although i do like nuts, not all nuts, just some... reason #2. because i am just a kid in an aging body and reason #3 because it will keep me on task with actually showing you some of the things i make. so you won't always have to listen to me going on about the "horrors of heading to forty" or my thrifting experiences...

i am rather excited about my first "show and tell", i also have a guest appearance featured for later, so if you are sitting comfortably, then i shall begin...

it is true to say, that i am starting to be known just a little bit for my slips, thanks to Manda and Emily, plus other happenings along the way. as my eye has got more trained, my washing machine better behaved, and just through trial and error, i am really starting to get the hang of it all...but i have also learnt that 'nightwear' is ripe for customizing along with the slips, and so we have an ordinary but pretty vintage nightie...


dyed a beautiful cocoa brown by my ever so lovely assistant Miss. W. Machine...


and with the added help of equal loveliness, Miss. S. Machine we have a "Nellie garden party frock"...






if you don't fancy the brown, then there is blue as well.

for my guest appearance this week, we have our #4 with his crafted cuff, made entirely by himself from a sock and two pieces of yarn. to quote "your studio is just full of such lovely things, it just makes me want to make something", after a bit of rummaging and snipping he produced a cuff worthy of Etsy

wishing she had an invite to a garden party...Tif

7 comments:

Kristy said...

Those garden dresses are seriously beautiful.I love,love,love the brown so pretty.Is it going on Etsy too?

Anonymous said...

The Nellies are just stunning. The brown one is my favourite of the 2 although both are adorable. You will now have us all dreaming of garden parties to attend.

Hear Me Roar! said...

I so love the new slips, and wish I had the body, confidence, and job to wear them! You're great, and becoming famous too!

AC said...

They are really lovely.
Alison x

Anonymous said...

Love Show and Tell! And love the garden dresses!

Anonymous said...

These are incredible!!

Oh, you...temptimg me so...

Wren said...

i love your show and tell idea- i think i might have to steal that! this brown version is just as beautiful as the blue- i wish i could have it and look gorgeous for graduation!