Wednesday, May 16

old mrs hubbard and her 'show and tell' #2

i am feeling like old mrs hubbard tonight, when i said this to my man, he couldn't understand what i was talking about (this is nothing new). "because the cupboard is bare" I said. "Tif, you have totally lost me" says he. "it's a metaphor, i'm talking about my shop". dear readers, i am not complaining at all (heard that one before!) i am just totally gobsmacked as to the amount of items that have sold in the last few weeks, so if any of my customers happen to be reading this, whether you are a returning 'one' or a new 'one', i send you a great big THANK YOU and i really do appreciate you...

now, let us move swiftly on to "show and tell" which you remember is to help me stay on track with showing you what i have been beavering away at in the studio . as you recall my start to the week was a slow one, but things got better and so i have managed to finish four full slips, four half slips and two camisoles (not mentioning washing and dying a ton of others), a selection of which you can see below and also in the shop over the next few days...







and for my guest appearance this week, i have our #3 who recently got into ATC's (artist trading cards). with the aid of a Beano Comic (sent by grandma from the UK) and a few hours of painting, sticking and stamping, he produced his first series of cards

and just before i go, "thing number 2" is DISLIKES ~ socks, don't mind wearing them, just can't stand washing them and trying to pair them all up afterwards, i've done some calculations and it goes like this,

1 week = 7 days = 7 pairs of socks = 14 individual socks x 6 people = 84 socks + 6 pairs of soccer socks = 96 bloody (excuse my language) individual socks a week that require washing and pairing. I have given up trying to do this, they go straight from the dryer into a basket and sit on the landing for people to take lucky dip!!

and don't get me started on 'holes' in socks ~ Tif

2 comments:

Kristy said...

I know what you mean about socks!I pair any that come out of the drier together the rest get put in the sock basket and are lucky dip.If anyone fancies earning a few extra pennies they can 'do' the sock basket and put all matching pairs in the right drawers.Funny it doesn't get sorted very often!

Hear Me Roar! said...

I'm in love with the pink dress and the camisole, gorgeous work! You'll get your shop filled back soon enough with the most beautiful stuff imaginable!