Tuesday, May 22

i believe in angels...(she's nutty as a fruitcake that Tif)

for all those 'just like me' crafters out there who needed to know, here is the book that i showed you the skirt from yesterday...talking of 'said' skirt, i ventured out in mine this afternoon to mail some parcels and to buy cookies for the four hungry children.

(i'm not even going to mention the fact that the mirror in our #1's room needs a desperate clean, plus that it took me thirty one attempts to get this shot!)

i like to think they were admiring glances that i noticed, but really they were "what on earth is she wearing" looks. so dear readers, the old cogs in my brain have started to turn...do you think the world is ready for rescued thrift store skirts to be turned into 'dottie angel apron skirts', just watch this space!!

and on to Thing Number 5 ~ ANGELS, yep you guessed it, i do believe in angels...now hear me out first before you label me "nutty as a fruitcake".

angels fall into three categories, you have your Domestic, Guardian and In Disguise...

Domestic : just like you and me, trying to do the best we can in a sometimes bad and often sad world, just doing our little thing, caring for our families, caring for the planet, in the hope that we can make it a better place...(i know it's a bit soppy but there you go)

Guardian : they are all around us, you just can't see them. i know this to be true because we had one that cared for our #4 in the first weeks of his life...he even has 'Angel' as his middle name, lest we forget how fortunate we are...



In Disguise : then you have angels like Tasha , who by day works in a cubicle in the bank but at night crafts away burning the midnight oil, this angel hauled twenty eight slips for me on mother's day. out of the kindness of her heart she has added to my 'chinese laundry look' that is over taking the house. some are now green and brown, some a wonderful 'granny knickers' color and others are awaiting their turn...

so you see i am not a complete nutter, just half way...

and just before i go, i must just tell you about the lovely Kim, who featured me on 'todayscreativeblog' a few days back...of course i was delighted, but it also made me laugh, a) because people actually think that i know what i am doing with this blogging lark!! b) because i have a daily fight with flickr and my grainy photos and c) because i still don't know how sometimes i get a double space between my lines when posting, (just take a look at todays effort) it drives me insane, but i am now going with it being 'an endearing feature' of my blog...so thanks Kim for feeling that my blog was worthy of a mention!

so it just leaves me to tell you that tomorrow will not be a gray day..."why's that Tif " i hear you cry...well dear readers, first it's 'Show and Tell' ("horah", you say) and secondly, i'm getting my hair colored!! ("at last" you all yell) ~ Tif

11 comments:

Francesca said...

Tif, I have that double space problem too, no idea what's going on but I think it's something to do with 'convert line breaks' in the formatting tab in settings.
Gosh that was dull.
Anyway, the skirt is lovely...everything is lovely.

Hear Me Roar! said...

I don't believe I've ever been called an angel before, in disguise or otherwise. You're one yourself you know, proof of that is in my first etsy sale. After all, you're the one who wandered in that day, I was merely sitting where I always sit.

And I LOVE the skirt, so just start the trend and be proud of it. I certainly have more bits of fabric you could use!

lingling said...

Tiff, I do not know if you will get this message. As I read your blog and tried to respond a bunch of chinese popped onto the screen. While my spoken chinese is slowly progressing, reading is still "chinese" to me. Fortunately my ayi turned up and helped me sign up so I could respond. I now have a chinese name. Lingling...it means beautiful, clever girl. Ling by itself is a bell. Anyhow I hope you get this comment...Love the skirt and I too believe in angels. We have a really good friend angel watching out for us.
Lingling alias Kath

Roobeedoo said...

There is definitely a market for skirts like that! From people like me who love the look but don't have the confidence to "mismatch" colours and patterns to produce such funky loveliness! I trust your "eye" better than my own!

Tracy x said...

I know that feeling of are people staring at me thinking - gosh that girl is a trend setter or are they looking thinking - what IS she wearing today!!!!
Ack - i do not care - lets be different together and proud of it - what do you say???
Hope you are having a great week.
Tracy x

Kristy said...

You really make me laugh Tif!
I believe in angels too and am sure I have met many and caught glimpses of others.
I am sure the blogging world is ready for your skirts even if the 'real' world isn't!

Anonymous said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE it! If they don't get it, then they just don't get it. We do! :) Jen saying hi from Australia

Unknown said...

I love it all and I really love that skirt. I must have one...And I believe in angles too - all 3 kinds in fact!

Casey Maura said...

hello!! i absolutely love that skirt (as i do all of your refashions i've seen on the blog...)!!! i cannot wait to see hat new ideas this prompts and what new creations wind thier way into the shoppe!keep up your delightful blogging btw!

Anonymous said...

*sigh*
I loooove that skirt! I'm sure the looks you were getting were looks of pure envy and jealousy from women who wanted that skirt for their own :)

Kim -today's creative blog said...

you don't have to be a blog smarty to be creative! I found you inspiring and thought others would be interested in what you do. I still can't believe you make all that great stuff.

Love the photo of you in your new skirt. You are so hip.