Sunday, May 20

show me (courtesy of Kevin R)...

the weekend was spent in a blur of playing 'catch up' with laundry, cooking and vacuuming up used dog's hair...in the mist of this drudgery, i mentioned to my man that my dottie angel 'hang tags' were eating into a lot of my creating time. "no problem" says he, "there are enough of us in this house, let's get the kids to help. it won't take long"...this is the scene when asked ~

our #4 falls to the floor weeping "i don't want to make slips"
our #3 stays very quiet and then does a great disappearing act
our #1 replies that "quite frankly this family is all nuts and i can't be around you all a minute longer" and disappears to her room...

so me, my man and our #2 started making tags 'conveyor belt' style, for your visual pleasure i give the stages in pictures...








several hours (and aching arms and wrists) later, my man turns to me and says "you're right Tif, it takes forever, we need to find a better way"...and from out of nowhere comes hope...(i'll keep you posted on the results)

and in case you thought i had forgotten, Thing Number 4 - CRUSHES. in my teens i had a huge crush on Kevin Rowland from Dexys Midnight Runners. these days i have several crushes...Orlando B. Johnny D. and Colin F. they keep an eye on me as i put the dishes away, lurking behind my cupboard doors...according to my man, he looks as good as any of them!

laying on the floor laughing ~ Tif

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't give up on the vintage door yet, Tif ...

Anonymous said...

What if you scanned one of the finished and stitched tags (if you're 100% happy with the current image) and then had them printed business card size through vistaprint.com or overnightprints.com? They are always having specials on their business cards.
That would be a good way to get a similar look and size and be less time consuming. You could get a glossy or matte finish, and even rounded corners if you go with overnightprints. Then you just punch your little hole, attach safety pin, and voila!

xoxo

Lori said...

I am sure those little tags take forever but they are beautiful! I would hang that baby up on my inspiration wall. Good work.

BTW - I love the blog and all of your work.

dottie angel said...

emily, could you just come and live with me, so i have you for my photos and all those other brilliant ideas that are in your beautiful head...
overnightprinting is where i am heading and hopefully in a week or two i will have some beautiful hang tags and "drum roll" please, postcards!!

Anonymous said...

Mmm Kevin Rowland in those denim dungarees.........those were the days!

Anonymous said...

Great idea getting the family to help. I can't quite put my 2 year old to work yet but currently use her as a model. :)

Stacy said...

I thought I was going to be all wise and witty and share the same idea Emily already said. If the other tag makers don't work out, that's what I'd do....too. :)