Monday, May 28

the one with just him and me...

i love three day weekends, time to catch up on the usual chores but then there's also time to play...

i thought i would start the week out with a few thrifty finds that me and my man found sunday...we went down to the market, together, alone, by ourselves, just him and me...we have realized that the only way to be by ourselves in the past few years (now the 'four hungry children' are older) is to go out. we make a big effort and manage this about three times a year...this was the second time this year so maybe we might break our record before the year is out...anyhow it was all very lovely (except for the rain) and he held the umbrella while i did the rummaging...i had gone with an intention of finding a small cupboard for a 'project' that we have spent most of the weekend working on (unveiling in 'show and tell' later in the week)...i did get lucky as it was so wet and rainy, prices were good and not as many people about.

i found my little cupboard, i will change out the drawer pulls in time, i'm thinking these would look pretty...and i also have some lovely paper to line it with...for now Mr S. Machine is living on top. who by the way has been cleaned up with my toothbrush and is looking mighty handsome along side Mabel...


of course i also had a snoop around for lace, tablecloths and any other fabrics...

i love this old tablecloth i found, my intentions were to use it for bags and cushions, but i fear it will sit waiting for a year or more, just like this one, before i pluck up the courage to chop into it. it is so pretty and i loved the gray and yellow combination along with the polka dots...of course as i type, dear readers i am now imagining it in my airstream trailer, mmm...

and then we have this pair, once again destined to be chopped up and added to bags and slips...but i don't think that will happen either. i have no idea of age, but they are in perfect condition and are the size of a single bed cover. they really would look a treat hanging in front of a pair of old french windows...as i live in a new build which is sadly lacking in such features, i will ferret them away until i am living in a house worthy of them...


so that's it dear readers, i'm 'worn to an unraveling' in the words of Beatrix Potter and i have nothing left to give, so i shall just let you know that 'Thing Number ~ 6' will be tomorrow...

trying better tomorrow ~ Tif

6 comments:

GigerVamp said...

ooh, I recently found that same tablecloth in my local charity shop, except my one is pink with red roses!

Casey Maura said...

hi!! just wanted to pop over andd thank you for the comment on my blog about how to properly wear vintage slips without *ahem* revealing too much underneath. ;) very, very helpful!! :D oh, and i just wanted to say your blog is a continual source of inspiration for me... keep it up!! :)

Christine said...

Those curtains look absolutely gorgeous! I love seeing other people's flea market finds

Anonymous said...

I've got a lovely pair of curtainless french doors...

Violette Crumble said...

The curtains are definite keepers. I just read your newspaper article (though your link) and it seems like it should help get you lots of business- the photo alone is enough to make me want to see more D.A. goods.

Unknown said...

I love it all, especially the chest and the lace... all so cute!