Tuesday, May 8

they are a crafty lot those bloggers...

it is just possible that I am one of the last people to know about this book or on the other hand I have found a 'gem' that not everyone knows about. either way i don't care because i am going to shout out from the roof top...
i am not a 'lonely' crafter on the web blogging about her life, her craft and her self doubts. oh no, there are lots of 'me' out there and the crafter's companion by Anna Torborg proves it. i have to show you some of the pages, so just like me, your heart can skip a little beat and your hands can start to get a little clammy, because after this you too will want to read it, breathe it and live it...
(sorry if i sound a little nuts, it's just that i get so excited when i find modern craft books that are right up my street...)







best of all, most of these blogging crafters are in their 30's and 40's, hoorah...and on another note, someone from up above read my "to do" list yesterday and saw it as 'complaining' and had #4. scratched off. someone is having a laugh, no newspaper article on Sunday and i have still got gray hair. in the grand scale of worldly events it is nothing, but in the small scale of my little world it is something. to cheer myself up i have decided tomorrow is "show and tell", this will become a weekly event, for three reasons...can't remember two of them right now but one reason was because as a child i read 'peanuts' and loved it when they did "show and tell" it seemed so 'american' to me...

Tif

7 comments:

Hear Me Roar! said...

I love the Log Cabin Pillow, right up my alley and reminds me of the Japanese book you showed me that I'm SO envious of. Lest you think I'm blog-stalking you I want to lay your fears to rest... I can't find any other blogs worth reading and I'm currently practicing active task avoidance. Now THAT'S American!

Anonymous said...

I've been reading your blog for about two weeks now so I'm fairly new to finding you and I have to say I enjoy your space very much!
I'm glad you talked about the new book. It's been availble in the UK for awhile now and I've heard mainly good comments but you were the first I've seen to post some pictures so thank you very much for that. I'll order mine today.
Also for all of the cooking may I suggest a crock pot if you have one. I use mine all summer so that I can play in the yard all day.
I have a very dear friend in Sedro Woolley. Do you live near there?
Best wishes

dottie angel said...

funny you should mention a crock pot, my mother in law has just bought me one, and we used it last night to great affect...plus I cannot complain as she is my "kitchen fairy" all the dish get cleared away without my help...it is a small miracle! I'm looking up Sedro Woolley today!!

AC said...

I have this book on my wish list...I've got to get it now.
Alison

Anonymous said...

Ahh sorry to hear about the article. Bummer!
Don't you love the book? There's a badge in it that I made for Anna, and I can honestly say that seeing that was the most exciting thing ever! And absolutely no one knows or cares that I made it, but in my little world, I'm published! Hehe.

jungle dream pagoda said...

Just dropping in to say hello,Your stuff is marvy and I can't wait till I have more time to visit your archives!
by the by ,for a quick lunch I do yogurt shakes with splenda,cocoa and peanut butter,quick filling and not too many calories!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pics--this book is on its way to me right now, and I can't wait.

Your work is lovely--I'll be back to see more soon!