Friday, May 11

the breaking of a promise...

so according to my new book the crafter's companion, that i enlightened you about earlier in the week, i need to keep a nice balance between the waffling and the pics...this is tricky as i do like to ramble on a bit. however, i will try better today, now i do believe that it has been nearly five days since i showed you any thrifting delights, that's right five days before i broke my promise to stop going on (by the way, i have just discovered that the word 'thrifting' actually doesn't exist, along with my 'beavering' word, i cannot understand why...) see already the waffling has set in.

we have spent a very happy week with family staying and i have very cleverly worked every trip around an excursion past a charity or antique place (how could i resist this)...pretty sneaky eh! and so gradually over the past few days i have built up quite a nice stock of bits to keep me going. to be honest i have managed to unearth so much i can't remember the quantities anymore. so instead of a list, i present 'click and tell'...

tablecloths #1 #2 and #3 these are destined for bags and pillows
interesting old patchwork pieces for bags (that really reminded me of my japanese craft books)
one green kitchen stool for studio (like i can fit anymore in there!)
lots of bedlinen
and of course a small heap of slips

in between all the sight-seeing and feeding of people (thanks to all the helpful hints and tips, i am now the proud owner of a crock pot!!) i have managed to carry on my small production line in the studio, plus coming up with a few new ideas such as this little tote, modelled by the 'ever so lovely' Mabel. which i made from a left over piece of tablecloth after i had finished the cushions...



off to join the our #1 and #2 on the sofa to watch "little miss sunshine"

Tif


5 comments:

Hear Me Roar! said...

Why on earth would you have promised to stop talking about your thrifting adventures? They're one of my favorite things about your blog. It takes me back to when I was a kid, following my mom around to antique store after antique store. Don't resist!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Just found your blog! - we connected a few months ago via etsy - your work is beautiful and I am tres amused by your entertaining blog - !!
I own each of your fave movies too - haha!
You are inspiring me to blog on some more at my own sadly neglected place!!

little special said...

wow, that's some great thrifing - i love what you create with your finds, absolutely beautiful!

AmeliaB said...

I love your finds! I just found your blog through Some Girls Wander. Just lovely. :-)

~Amelia

Ellene McClay said...

Hi, I tagged you (don't know if you've already done it)- check my blog if you need to know info. about it:)