Monday, March 22

show and tell...

it all began last week,
when i lounged upon my floor with little olive upon my lap,
used dog by my side
and
Mr Lurgy as my close companion...
and if you are sitting comfortable, then i shall begin.


once again i would like to report at the time of my 'ah ha' moment i was dressed in a rather stunningly bohemian outfit, hair just so, tousled without effort and my complexion radiant and light.
but that would be further from the truth then i have ever told before.
for i was dressed in several days old pyjamas,
hair stuck to the sides of my head, with rather too much frizzing happening on top,
and my complexion was gray and sallow
due to Mr Lurgy and his horrible ways.

with my trusty friends beside me i stared into the distance,
feeling quite fed up, for i did not wish to be entertaining Mr Lurgy.
after some staring, my gaze refocused upon my lovely cushion and recovered chair 'a la granny chic' style...


my lovely cushion came from lil chrissy.
her etsy store is full of wonderful retro goodness and i have to say, if she wasn't on the other side of the pond from me, i would have been tempted by the matching bean bag...
but i settled for the lovely pink cushion and it arrived in mossy shed a little while back.
so as i sat upon the floor staring at my little cushion it dawned on me that i was staring at a heart.
which i had not seen until that moment...

and that is when a 'thunderbolt' of inspiration hit.
the sort of thunderbolt i haven't seen in a while...
the kind of thunderbolt that makes you 'carry on crafting' despite being lurgified.

after several days of beavering away,


many rests inbetween
and
no cooking or mothering,
i had my 'perfectly pixerly' heart




i placed all my
'perfectly pixerly' lovelies in my little shop window along with some new designs for my 'every eventuality' cards sets...


i am thinking my 'perfectly pixerly' heart makes me most happy.

when my man took a look, i told him of my 'perfectly pixerly' name.
"but Tif, you do know that pixels don't actually exist in reality don't you?"
to which i replied, even more delighted then before
"well that's just perfectly perfect then, for when did dottie angel ever care about reality"

she is feeling much grander than last week ~ Tif

27 comments:

imperfectly natural mama said...

Oh my, I just love your textiles so much, and have missed your log over the weekend! (am I sad?) Thanks for sharing and hope Mr Lurgy gets lost soon.
x

Jennifer said...

I love it, what a great idea. So glad you are feeling better, it is lousy to be unwell.

Lou said...

Hello - I'm new to you! I completely get the pixel heart and by the way love the chair that the original inspiration cushion is resting on. Hope the Lurgy visitor leaves soon....

Julia said...

Oh the pixerly-ness is just absolutely lovely! I hope the lurgy is on its way somewhere else now and that you are feeling much better! Well done!

Love Julia x x x

sew obsessed said...

What a lovely post. So well written that I can actually see it all happening.
I love the "pixerly" hearts and I must say I adore your retro cushion.

Jessie said...

practically pixerly perfect...in every way!

even eve said...

cute <3

Scented Sweetpeas said...

Glad you are feeling a bit better and thanks for being honest about the old jimmie jams and bad hair day - I was starting to panic about how bad I looked when tired and ill for a moment :-)

emma said...

I must say tif, I am most impressed with this one, and I'm thinking of all manner of things that could be pixelated. Also loving the word pixerly.

Kim Baise said...

Beautiful! I love your pixel hearts!!!

Michelle said...

Love your pixerly perfect hearts tif...
They are a stoke of genius...
I think Mr Lurgy didn't know what hit him...I am sure that would have had him rolling out the door...muttering to himself that yes he has been beaten again by Tif and her crafty ways...

Solveig said...

I love your 'perfectly pixerly' hearts. A very good idea I must say. Greetings from Norway :)

Leah said...

Tif you are amazing even with Mr Lurge hanging about you mange to creat the most lovely of things. I just had to get some cards...love the new ones with you Pixerly Heart!

Charis said...

Tif your designs are beautiful & I'm glad that you're feeling better! x

dottie angel said...

oh dearest readers i am no longer pale and sallow looking for you have made me blush with your kindness... so delighted that you too like my 'perfectly pixerly' heart :)

Paula In Pinetop said...

Aw Tif, big hug. Love those pixels.

I'm glad to see Mr. Lurgy went to live with you and returns to my door no more.

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Perfectly wonderful! and fabulous too!

I am having a "Blue Monday" giveaway~stop by to see~

Thanks...Have a terrific week!

Carrie

mel @ loved handmade said...

I love them!! I am in awe of the fact you were able to achieve such goodness in a time of feeling so low, good on you for pushing on through it...the results are fabulous! Glad you're feeling better.

Andrea said...

Reality is highly over rated in times such as these. I've been realizing the dullness of the last ten (gasp!) years has been because I was suppressing my need for whimsy, wonder, tall and small tales...So now..."Reality can kiss this aging Keester!" My new epitaph (why wait till death to spout it?)...
xo
Andrea

Sarah - Red Gingham said...

Oh very nice indeed! I love your own special cushion especially. So glad to hear you are feeling a little better, hopefully that rude visitor will be leaving very soon.

cornel said...

So much creative goodness! C

Floss said...

It's funny how we can look at a design for ages before the shape 'clicks' into place! I love teh way you've re-interpreted in in other pixely ways, and am so glad you're on the mend - Mr Lurgy is an unwelcome guest...

design brew said...

Love that chair and the heart quilt is so sweet!

Unknown said...

YUM YUM YUM is all I can think to say.

Ashley Schott said...

That "a la granny" chair is the absolute coolest thing I've ever seen. Ahh I love it!!

threesixfive said...

I am new to your blog and I want to say that I LOVE LOVE LOVE your style :) flowery and bright, hodge-podged and mish-mashed, yet brilliant! I will be frequenting and look forward to new posts.

Diane ONeil said...

I loved your perfectly pixerly heart. Isn't it funny how ideas come about? Artists can see things that the uncreative cannot.