Monday, April 5

easter...

i thought to myself, how lovely would it be to start the week with a 'little quiz',
dusting down our little cogs and taking our minds off the knowledge that
yes indeed a lovely large pile of chocolate can disappear that quickly
and
yes indeed we can focus upon something else and not the fact our buttons are a little 'samuel whiskers' today...


1: what did the easter bunny say as he handed Tif a packet of DARK chocolate mini eggs on easter sunday morning?

a) "i know just how much you love DARK chocolate Tif and i hopped out of my way to find these for you"

b) "i remember you saying Tif, just how much you really wanted a packet of DARK chocolate mini eggs for easter and nothing else would do"

c) "i know you don't eat DARK chocolate, infact you actually have never liked DARK chocolate, but i thought it might be nice to have a change, don't you agree Tif?"


2: when Tif arrived back at Mossy Shed after a five day excursion across the border, did she...

a) immediately unpack her clans bags, sort laundry and vacuum

b) do all of 'a' and also cook a fabulous meal for the hungry hordes

c) toss the bags on the floor, mutter to her clan there were dubious leftovers in the fridge. then set about being reacquainted with Miss Ethel, fashioning a 'happy egg' tree, not actually for her children but for some forsaken little deer that had come her way.



3: how many attempts did it take before Tif had edible easter nests on easter morning?

a) just one attempt, huge success, her clan gathered around to marvel at what lay before them on the kitchen island, exclaiming Nigella would indeed be most envious of their 'nesty perfection'.

b) five attempts, resulting in Tif weeping into her pocket full of kleenex which are always conveniently in her apron pocket and exclaiming "never again"

c) two attempts, the first resulting in a 'brick like' lump that could cause quite the injury if thrown with force, the second resulting in edible but not 'perfectly perfect' looking easter nests. Tif knew Nigella would not look upon her easter nests with a glance of envy, but by this time Tif really didn't give a damn


4: does the easter bunny move in mysterious ways for Tif?

a) no he does not, he hops around like every other bunny

b) no he does not, he messes up just like every other bunny, bringing DARK chocolate to a MILK chocolate loving friend

c) yes he does, he may appear to mess up but this is all part of his 'bigger bunny plan'...
for the easter bunny knew on easter sunday Tif would happen to glance at craigslist whilst praying the 'cooking ham' in the oven was supposed to smell like that. upon perusal of the vintage chair section the easter bunny knew Tif would come across a chair that got her pulse a racing, at a 'bobby bargain' price. the easter bunny knew Tif would relay this terribly thrilling find to the easter bunny who was still hopping around the yard at 4:30pm, this time not with a basket but with a power washer, giving Gladys a well deserved 'scrub'.
the easter bunny knew he would sigh, as he owed Tif for the terrible 'faux pas' of DARK chocolate and several hours later, the little 'bobby bargain' chair would be living at Mossy Shed. an edible ham meal would be on the table and Tif would be most happy indeed. yes all part of the easter bunny's 'bigger moving in mysterious ways' plan.



5) how many differences can you spot between the two pictures below?
("ooooh Tif! we do love a 'spot the difference' question"
"me too! dearest readers")



a) there are no differences Tif, it all looks the same to me

b) quite a few differences i am thinking around six

c) i can't possibly concerntrate on counting the differences when i have fainted from the shock of orla's goodness being removed from your walls Tif

and that is it...

if you answered mainly c's then you are most deserving of a gold sticky star,
that once again i give to you
and
once again you are most welcome to stick it where you wish.

if you did not answer mainly c's
do not fret,
let us blame it upon the chocolate of easter sunday
and you too may have a gold sticky star to cheer your day.
for quite honestly anyone that has bothered to stop by and read all of the above when they could instead be spending quality time with their chocolate is most deserving of a 'gold sticky' star in my books...

she is hoping you had a 'hippity hoppity' easter and that indeed the easter bunny moved in mysterious ways for you too ~ Tif

29 comments:

Lola Nova said...

I can't think to answer as I now recall sending you dark chocolate on your birthday, which I was so hoping would be just right and now see that it was all wrong.

I am also a little disoriented 'bout the wallpaper.

As for as the mysterious ways of senior easter bunny, he brought us a giant fish...and many fishy scented clothes for me to wash. I would have rather had a chair.

my word verification is: grani :)

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

What a cute post....and I did indeed have a "hippity hoppity" Easter! I am giving myself a gold star sticker as we speak!

Have a great day!

the kitschen table said...

:)

s a n s k u :) said...

love your easter garland tree!

i did love your orla kiely wallpaper. but i also love the new curtains. sweet.

Carol said...

Yippeee, I got a gold star, now, where shall I stick it.............probably on the bottom of that naughty stray cat I just spotted chasing 2 easter bunnies down our garden! (our two cats are now much too slow to join in the chase)
Great to see you back, really missed the laughs.
Tif - cheeky question - when you paint your brass items (like the stag and doe) do you spray or brush paint them? Thank you kindly!

Anonymous said...

Nice to have you back, I've missed the fun!!! :)
Vivienne x

Donna -Little Tiny Stitches said...

Happy Easter Tif,
I stopped by in the hopes that you were back and am very pleased that you are....
Your meanderings make my day..

buttonsagain said...

oh tif...my father had THAT chair...in our den...and sat on it my entire childhood...(early on it was a covered in a sort of tan-ish brown...and later it was covered in a scratchy avacado green tweedy disaster)...i remember balancing on the edge of the arm rail and my mother reprimanding me and telling me that i was going to break it right off...my parents were very into that mid-century modern look...they had a couch that was more of a flat cushion with two bolster type pillows that ran the length of the back...(it was always covered in fabric that matched THE chair...I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT YOU DO WITH THE CHAIR...hugs...bb

Garden Girl said...

Hmm. I think I may need some more chocolate.
Pray tell, do you have a lovely big stash of your fabulous pillow case aprons waiting to go into your wonderful shop any time soon? I keep hoping and checking, and then hoping a little more...?!
Put a girl out of her misery?!
x

Tonia said...

Hooray, gold stars! To make up for the easter bunny completely forgetting that this person does indeed like a chocolate egg of the waitrose so-good-we-dipped-it-twice kind.
Later on he remembered that I also quite like beer, so harmony has been restored.

mel @ loved handmade said...

I do love your posts! I hope your time away with the family was fabulous. In case you missed it, I have passed the Sunshine Bloggers Award on to you, pop on over to Little Ted & see...thanks for your crafty inspiration, the giggles & fun quizes...

Momichka said...

wow.. that easter egg tree looks so lovely!! great job!

Queenly Things said...

You did all that AFTER coming home from a five-day holiday? taking down wallpaper, making an egg tree and shopping craigslist? You get the Giganto gold-sticky star for that!!!

the mama monster said...

ahhh is the wallpaper really gone? freaking out here!

Drewzel said...

Yay! All Cs for me! But have you really taken the wallpaper down??

Rose Campion said...

I love the little chocolate nests and think Nigella would be envious for sure.

I commiserate with you on the chocolate issue. I'm a dark chocolate kind of girl myself and would be disappointed in the same way if the easter bunny brought me milk chocolate.

Susanne said...

Wow, why ever did you remove the wall paper? Thanks for the fun quiz and gold star, Susanne.

Norma said...

i loved the wallpaper...please tell me you didn't remove it. i'll be too sad to continue.

luv the new chair. the dark choco disappointment paid off!!

Michelle said...

Dearest Tif...
I will admit to reading out loud the entire post to my husband...laughing and with the occasional whacking his side thrown in...I don't think he quiet got it as much as me....Hmmm...
I think it is a man thing?
For at our house the bunny is me...and I know that under no circumstances does Dark chocolate enter our abode...That is unless I will totally incapacitated...
But even then I think I would still be able to drag myself out for chocolate...So I suppose I think I should be grateful for small mercy's...Another Hmmm...
Saying that though I really wish he would buy dark chocolate just so I could buy a little treasure online...And how lucky to have it in your home that afternoon...
I am still waiting for a package from australia post and it is now reaching the 2 week mark...Most unhappy about that one...

Tif what happened to the wallpaper of the most fabby!!!
I do hope there is a plan on the horizon for I think I will be lost not seeing that in your pics...
It "was" just the loveliest...

I do hope your Easter was just lovely...apart from the chocolate mishap...I am sure the bunny has learnt his lesson...If not just bookmark a few etsy finds ready to snap them up early or have craiglist updates flash up on the computer everytime he walks past...That could get him nervous...

Thanks so much for the gold sticky star...it is just perfect...

Luna Levy said...

dear tif, you made me smile this morning and I'm debating now where to stick my gold star :)

you are a comic genius you know, I'm sure even the easter bunny has noticed... and I noted your blog as one of my top five favorites in my interview here:
http://www.etsy.com/featured_seller.php?featured_user_id=5662937

a smile to you too this week!

A Bun Can Dance said...

A classic Dottie Angel post!
Love the chair, love the egg tree, in fact love it all! Maybe not the ham dinner, being a veggie ;-)
has the wallpaper really gone? I wonder why? are you embracing your inner Scandinavian??
Notwithstanding your responses to the above, I am wishing you a very happy 'week after Easter' and hope that some milk chocolate might come your way very soon....
Denise x

sheila said...

haha thoroughly enjoyable read - i got a gold star :) i am in love with your little egg tree and your craigslist chair. silly easter bunny. i can't stand dark chocolate either. :)

Elissa said...

you could send the dark eggs to me. really, with so many chocolate options, i imagine the easter bunny occasionally gets confused. or, you know, buys what's on sale.

loving the egg tree.

dottie angel said...

oh well done indeedy... i have gone through a whole sheet of gold sticky stars and am onto the next. you are such a clever lot, never miss a trick do you!

lola, do not be fretting about the dark chocolate, for your chocolate was most welcomed in mossy shed for it was 'quality' chocolate. and i do believe when it comes to dark chocolate it is indeed the quality that makes it most edible and that is something i shall report back to the easter bunny when i fill in his progress report i am working on...

Penny said...

I think the thing about dark chocolate being good for you means that it's officially medicine and therefore should never be fashioned into Easter Egg shapes but should only be dispensed in bubble pack doses.Hope you got the real thing as well as the dinky chair, love Penny x

dottie angel said...

garden girl, i'm working on some next week :)
and carol, if it's brass then yes i use spray :)
and
stephanie, well done indeedy, i'm made up for you and so delighted you mentioned my shiny place, thank you kindly, i am truly flattered...

Arthur Ransome said...

Samuel Whiskers? Tom Kitten?

dottie angel said...

oh arthur! yes indeedy, well done for pointing out my faux pas... indeed i meant tom kitten but alas it appears the name samuel whiskers was on my mind. it was quite clearly tom kitten and his little 'too tight' jacket that i see in my mind :)
thank you!

Arthur Ransome said...

S. Whiskers was quite tubby too from what I can recall but I thought you meant that button-popping episode.