Friday, February 19

random things of note...

1. puppies are not much different to toddlers,
after a long day of doing 'mischief' they curl up,
and
one's heart forgives and forgets


2. thrifting in clogs is a must,
it makes one stride around the store with intention,
suddenly one appears to have the qualifications to thrift.
i know this to be true because when wearing my 'new sweeties' upon my feet, i scored my first piece of secondhand clothing since my challenge began.
it is whirring around Miss W. Machine as i tippity type and then all will be revealed

3. a 'cluster of happy' is perfect for a 'spring fling' feel,
my little cluster was hanging in front of orla's goodness,
i feared my little 'cluster of happy' was not quite as happy as she could be.
so i moved her to a corner where she could shine in all her happiness and be amongst friends



4. mixing mid century and vintage is my bestest of besty things to do.
sometimes i step back and have to walk away "tut tutting" at what i have done.
then later i return to greet my newly decorated friend,
spend a while together and realize that yes indeedy,
she's looking peachy


5. risk taking for 2010 has reached an all time 'high risk' factor and we are only into february.
am i scared? why yes i am
am i excited? why yes i am
am i tres amazed to be heading up a three day 'dottie angel' workshop in september? why yes i am


she is wishing you the peachiest of 'risk taking, cluster of happy' weekends ~ Tif
footynote: ah ha! did i say three days! well what i meant to say was three nights and two full days, oh silly me... when i have more details available i will be sure to inform you of the 'nitty gritty' stuff :)
footy footynote: do not fear potential 'dottie angel workshop dearies', i will not be in charge of the cooking, i think that most important to be told upfront thus eliminating cause for concern.
luckily the lovely Angela will have that all under control...

21 comments:

Unknown said...

That's great news Tif! I'm sure it will be a great hit. Well done for being so brave!!! x
Manda

treefall design

Sherri B. said...

Tif, I have never typed in a web address so fast! I can actually come to this as I live 55 min. away (if the traffic is light and I can go my normal 10 mph over speed limit). I was ready to pull my credit card out but my heart sank to see the details not available yet. Please keep us up to date. I think you might be famous.....Do you feel famous? I am so excited for you.

mrs mediocrity said...

that post was a nice little burst of sweetness after a very stressful day! Pretty and fresh and so fun! And of course, oh so sweet puppy dog...by the way, clogs rule!
www.mrsmediocrity.com

Jennifer said...

Oh, how exciting, I so want to be there. Can't wait to find out more details.

figwittage said...

how fabulous, tif! i wish i lived nearby because i would sign up for your workshop. i love your new cluster :) have a lovely weekend! xx

soisses-dasleben said...

i really LOVE the mix you have at your home. the yellow mirrow and the lampignons are great!!! also the rest... everything.

Unknown said...

All the very best with your workshop and I do love your happy cluster !

melanie said...

Yip, puppies are like toddlers, and you can not help but too forgive and forget. :) xx

Scented Sweetpeas said...

Puppies are very much like babies aren't they - they wake up, eat, toilet, cause mischief (all within an hour) and then need to snooze. Like you say it is good they do snooze so you can forgive the mischief they cause when awake! Good luck with your workshop - sounds fab and I am sure you will have great fun with all those like minded people.

dottie angel said...

thank you for the words of encouragement, it is most grand of you...
Sherri B!! you made my day with wishing to sign up so eagerly... i'm hoping to have more details shortly :)

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

that workshop....i guess i can wish from afar...sigh.......

love the clogs and the puppy...puppy love here too..my precious little Butterscotch puppy..who is really 14..but not to me....

you have inspired me, my friend

i went thrifting yesterday and scored 2 vintage half slips with the good old lace...a la dottie angel...

so excited...

back soon,
kary

teddybearswednesday said...

I love how you've done your home, it's utterly gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

workshops?! how exciting indeedy!

"indeedy"? I'm getting a 'tif accent' haha, can't help it I do the same everywhere I go. ever heard a french-scottish accent? yup

I've been thinking all day - while doing my thrifting too - about clogs. I think I may be in danger of getting obsessed... where is that shop in Cornwall you speak of? If only it was still there... I might just be able to hop to cornwall and allow myself a treat...
I'll keep a good eye on Etsy's aisle too.

Brenda Pruitt said...

I like the way you randomly think. It's soothing to read. I like what you create as well.
Brenda

suzy said...

It will be a smash Tif! Don't you worry.
I wish you could do an online course.......hint hint :))))
yes?
x

Greedy Nan said...

I'm almost with Toni - an online course [but only because I'm so far away]. If the lottery numbers should come up inbetween times, I'll be there ...

My word veryfication is upmonica ... ?

Carol said...

Lovely smiley post on a slushy yukky morning.
So jealous of the workshop, what about doing one in Blighty when No.1 is over here?

Tina Peacock said...

I bet your workshop will be amazing, I really wish I lived on across the ocean just so I could attend! Lovely post, as always x

Michaela said...

I wish you all the best with your workshop!

Mousy Brown said...

Oh how I wish you were still in England - this little girl grew up in Cornwall wearing brown suede clogs and I think I would love your workshop - but as you are the other side of the world I will just have to carry on reading about it and dream! :D

Soft Atmosphere said...

j´adoreeee