Wednesday, October 24

janet clare ~ part one...

yep that's right dear readers, the lovely janet clare is a two parter because i just can't fit in everything i need to say in one post...

so let's just jump right in...last week janet asked me if i would like to do a swap...it was a perfect day to ask me, it cheered me up no end. i was feeling as 'dull as dishwater' and her mail came at just the right time...so i packaged up and sent my 'swap' along with a few other goodies and then sat and waited for the mail man...

i have to tell you it really is like being a kid again, getting all excited knowing something lovely is coming your way but you don't know what...well i didn't have to wait long as janet did her 'thing' that she does so well and sent it on its way...


and now i am the proud owner of a portrait of myself, my stripey tights and used dog...all stitched on to a lovely piece of blanket...i can not wait to put it up on the wall in our new place. i showed it off to all members of the family and also used dog, who seemed to be most impressed.


janet also sent me one of her beautiful knitted face cloths that i have been admiring from a far...and that leads me to part two...

but you'll have to wait for that until tomorrow as i have to vacate the house because we have a viewing...yipee! now let's not get our hopes up but we must think positive thoughts here...i have checked all bathrooms are clear of dodgy smells and i have also caved in and bought a bedspread for my bed.
i know it sounds odd but i am going to have to hide away my 'britishness in the bedroom' and cover up my bedlinens. i stood in 'bed,bath and beyond' with my 20% coupon in my little 'paw' looking up and down the aisles desperately trying to find a "grown up" bedspread that i liked enough to spend money on and that was neutral enough for viewing purposes...isn't that the most ridiculous thing you will ever read, but you read it right...i am buying a bed cover to sell my home. the person that buys my house will not buy my bed cover and yet my bed cover may very well be the thing that makes them want to buy my house...

she is feeling a little light headed over the nuttiness of it all ~ Tif

9 comments:

roseroomnz.com said...

that's the most gorgeous looking face cloth I have ever seen! Your bedspread, cover thingy is very nice, reminds me of Marcella! Good Luck - Rachael

Anonymous said...

That's a very pretty bedspread and face cloth! And what a thoughtful gift, the portrait of you and used dog.

{I get a kick out of it, every time I read 'used dog' on your blog!} :)

Francesca said...

i absolutely love it! how clever is she? very very clever i would say. that should be part of your banner or in your sidebar somewhere. i love how used dog's body and hip overlap. and i love the stripy tights. it's so you!

Anonymous said...

I have been reading your blog for a while and let just say that you make me laugh! As far as the bedcover is concerned this is not so nutty. I worked as a an estate agent (should not admit to that should I?) and the number of time I heard: oh I love the sofa or oh I love the rug.....

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the praise! Looking forward to part 2!
Your bedcover is very grown up!

Tracy x said...

you are the winner of the most luckiest swap person in blog land
just amazing x
sitting with fingers crossed....
tracy x

Casey Maura said...

What a cute portrait!! Isn't it wonderful how little packages can lift one's day? Good luck with the viewing... :)

Good Girls Studio said...

what a darling face cloth...although I'd be afraid to get it dirty by using it ;) In my house it would end up in shadow box mounted on a wall on the above the towel rack!

Hear Me Roar! said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the portrait of you and used dog, Janet Clare is obviously a gifted genius. Yarn shopping was lovely, and I am saving my pennies for a lovely basket to put yarn and kittens in. Until next week... (as you say) "Ta Ra!"