Friday, October 12

it wasn't pretty...

i have been tearing my hair out for the past few days dealing with 'internet issues'...most of the time it didn't work, then occasionally it would tempt me with a glimpse of a window, be painstakingly slow and then disappear altogether again...it wasn't pretty in my house and after two days of this, i decided to take drastic action. i had two options, choice number one, lob the bloody thing out the window (which i realized would not heighten my chances of selling my house) or choice number two, ask my man.


i did not really ask, more like pick up the phone, shout obscenities down it and then huff and puff around the house until he came home that evening. when i returned later that night having been at my 'yak and yarn' meeting (a terribly important meeting involving women, talking and knitting in a coffee house) i enquired as to the state of our internet..."oh that, yep that's all fixed now". "well what was wrong?" said in a slightly narky voice..."nothing really just a wiggle of a loose connection at the back and it's all okay now"...so you are telling me i had spent two days of being very 'cross' and 'huffy' listening to people complaining "i can't get my homework done" or "i can't get on neopets" all because of a cable that needed a little wiggling...why oh why did i not pay attention in school, i am sure at some point a teacher would have covered that very important topic of 'technical issues' and the answer 'wiggle a cable'...


in between having a very 'hateful relationship' with the computer (please note, i do not name my computer, maybe if i did, it would feel loved and wouldn't loosen it's cables on me) i had a bit of R&R with Miss Margery (oh i do hope R&R means what i think it means) and the results are four pictures...


two of which i have for you to peruse...the other two are waiting for their pictures to be taken (alas my camera is also not playing fair this week) so i shall save those for later...

she's been back to the yarn shop ~ Tif

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

tif ..

i'm in love with your new creations!!

xo laura

Anonymous said...

gorgeous tif!

Casey Maura said...

Oh! I love your new pictures!! So pretty!! :)

Aren't computers just so frustrating?! I feel your pain! I am the unfortunate "techie" in the house, and have spent many a day trying to figure out whats wrong with the computer. The worst was the two-days I spent trying to eradicate a virus that had lodged itself on the harddrive. Ick!

Hope you have a lovely weekend!

Anonymous said...

Love 'em!

Stephne said...

Hi, it is plain to see that when it comes down to it Miss S or is it Mrs S is where you are at, P.C,S Mac,s, Digital cameras have their place in todays world,but fabric and thread is where it is at, those pictures are super duper, keep it up. As for that technical stuff get in a "man that does" afterall you don't have a dog and bark yourself, what what what !!!Sx

Francesca said...

yay! you're crafty again. they are gorgeous, i especially love the supper one. would be gorgeous on a tablecloth creation.
x

Anonymous said...

I've lurked on your site many times before (without leaving comments) But now I just HAVE to - the creations looks gorgeous!!

Toni said...

those pictures are fabulous! i have wanted to do something like that for so long. sigh. my list is long, my time is short. dang it.