Tuesday, September 1

school's in...

there's a kind of hush all over the shed,


with three children back in school...
save for one child, our #3 who is a 'silent' soul most days, and has a late start to his school day.

little olive in her basket with her chew stick,
used dog by my feet as i tippity tap,
doodle the mouse in her nest, lonely since the passing of noodle, quite suddenly last week.
speedy the tortoise, in his shell silently snoring,
bingo and linus the cats, in their usual spot on our #1"s bed,
two fish, nora and kevin doing laps in their bowl
and the chickens going about their daily 'peck' in the yard.

and so ten weeks of 'closeness with my clan' has come to an end, i am a wee bit sad but to tell the truth, i am also a wee bit 'gleeful' of getting a few hours of quiet time to myself.

my little etsy store is looking quite bare and so i have made a date with miss ethel.


we are officially back to work on september 8th, giving me a week to get myself and the shed, ship shape and of course giving little olive time to adjust to 'work life' in the studio.

she is off to 'paint' a treasure or two and thanking you most kindly for your 'cupboard' support of last week ~ Tif

8 comments:

Mise said...

Ok, I'm in. Where can I buy granny chic items to pass off as my own when my friends call around? Those charming hangers would do for a start (lovely photo, by the way). Don't worry about the calm, creative vibes; I can surely fake those.

Lola Nova said...

Well, now you've got that blasted song stuck in my head, thanks much.

How nice to have a quiet moment. The curly headed one and I are at odds today, I tried to call truce but, she turned on dramatics of epic proportion with a decibel level unbecoming any civilized being. I have finally thrown in the tea towel and calmed myself by looking at your lovely photos.

Best wishes on your painting and puttering.

chloejessica said...

Your pictures are so dreamy! I wish my house looked as nice! :)

RedorGrayArt said...

sweet moments beginning when school starts~ ELK

Beck said...

The holidays are fun but I'm always happy to get back into the routine of school. I like the space, even though I have one more still at home. I also like your hangers, so sweet xo

karenshopes said...

The description of all the animals made me smile, everything is fine with the world.
Karen

KraftXCore said...

I am still decorating my apartment and I love the idea of granny chic for the apartment if I could convince all my roommates! I love the lamp!

moline/yvonne said...

you know what: I love your padded hangers and have been wanting to make them for years now. But with so many projects on my mind I never really did. Now I am green with envy seeing all yours and have to think this all over again: shall I skip one or two projects in line just to please myself with making a padde dhanger? A crocheted one would be nice I think...