Monday, September 28

olive & crochet...

little olive received her 'blankie of the utmost kind' on saturday.


i finished it on friday, but once again had selfish thoughts of keeping it all to myself... on saturday little olive discovered my original 'blankie of the utmost kind', was overcome with it's loveliness, decided it was truly an 'utmost blankie' and took it for herself.

now before we exclaim at her 'wayward' ways, we must remember that little olive has known the delights of 'crocheted goodness' since ten weeks old, thus causing her to crave for it's warmness and 'nest ability' potential at all times.
in her defense, i do not believe little olive stood a chance when coming upon such a blankie that begged to be 'loved' and so she lost her sense of 'right from wrong', giving into the moment without thinking of the 'naughtiness of her actions'.

i discovered the 'crime' in action, seeing a 'streak of rainbow' whizz past my ankles, fly off the step into the living room and end at it's destination, little olive's 'other basket'. (the first one being in the kitchen). where all good things are taken to be loved, licked and treasured.

"i don't think so" i exclaimed running close behind, imagining all sorts of horrors that could befall my little blankie. but i was wrong to 'doubt' her intentions, they were all purely honourable... all she wanted was to love my little blankie like it were her own and how could i blame her?
there was nothing for it but to collect finished 'blankie number two' and trade.
now i'm happy
and she is happy


i have a small amount of yarn left and am thinking 'a chill' is in the air as we head into autumn and perhaps i need to fashion her a little 'sweater vest' to match.
thus when she sits upon her little blankie in her little crocheted vest, she can take on special superhero powers like 'invisibility' and go on to save the world...

she thinks she is on a slippery slope heading fast towards the title of 'mad dog' woman ~ Tif

25 comments:

Elissa said...

that olive could make me give up almost anything, i think. and, i understand her temptation, as i am really sort of wanting that blanket for myself and am already formulating a plan in which i learn to crochet and make one just like it.

Tracy x said...

hey lady....
that title is taken :)
.
.
.
eeekkkk - how very sweet little olive is
t x

Farmgirl Cyn said...

why, I do believe little olive looks amazingly like the Fisher Price pull toy from the 60's! and truly, tif, it was only right of you to give her the newly finished blankie, and i am glad you saw that for yourself. bless her heart, she only wanted what was coming to her.

Emma Angel said...

oh bless her, i wouldn't be able to take it from her either, she is adorable x

lucy said...

I really hope she does not chew that! My baby girl (shih tzu) is slowly unravelling her two crochet blankies x

Sarah - Red Gingham said...

I couldn't say no to that little face it's all too cute! She knows quality when she sees it, who can blame her really.

You may now add my name to your list of growing challengers, as I too am going in boots and all. I've discovered that I've actually been living like this for a while now without even realising it. Imagine that?!! I do have a short list of exceptions which I will discuss when time allows. Thank you for your fabulous blog.

A Bun Can Dance said...

Oh Tif, that first photo of little Olive looking at the camera - pure heartrending gorgeousness!
She is so very cute!
D x

dottie angel said...

oops, sorry sarah, i fear the weekend made a little forgetful...
("that's a load of old pants Tif") and yes you are quite right...
red gingham is on the list, welcome aboard my dear :)

olive says "woof"

and Tracy, i am but an amateur compared to you, dearest nutty dog lady :)

Catherine said...

Sweet sweet sweet!

Lyn said...

Oh but how cute is Olive!
Love
Lyn
xxx

~ Junkyard Jennifer said...

I would be a 'mad dog' woman, too, with a dog that cute! And, if I were Olive, I would have surely done the same with a blanket that pretty. I love those colors together!

~ Jennifer

Hear Me Roar! said...

I am so jealous of your little dog sleeping in her picturesque little baskets. I can't have a basket, or it would be quickly smashed into pieces, and/or swallowed whole. Will you puhlEEZE measure around little olive's neck for me? That color she has on is not fitting for the pup of a crafter.

Cottage1945 said...

What a lucky little dog!

xo.sorcha.ox said...

What an adorable little Olive you have!
I'd be horrified if my pup (Bailey) took off with something I'd just finished making; he likes the sound that ripping material makes, and pulling threads out of stuff is an extra treat. (sigh)
He has a blankie and it's no surprises that it has many holes. :/
Wonderful work, btw. (Jealous!)
~S.

Jenny said...

What a sweetheart that little Olive is. My cat Maggie decided my "new" crocheted cushion was the prettiest thing she had ever seen and won't let anyone else on it.

Beck said...

I love your little Olive and she has extremely good taste and a good dose of common sense too in whisking that beautiful blanket into her world. If I were her I would have done the same. Go Olive xo

Kylie said...

Oh that gorgeous little face! The blanket looks so beautiful and I think a little vest would be super cute :) K

jo said...

cutest thing!
xo's

Purrfect Haven said...

... all I can do is add my 'oohs and arghhhhs' to everyone elses - Beautiful Olive and stunning labour of love blanket. Talent all round! Helen

Renée M-B. said...

That dog and that blanket are so absolutely gorgeous! They were made for each other :-)

Francesca said...

oh my goodness, that is the most adorable post and picture. i love olive. she seems to have a lot of character. and i love that she loves your crochet - a true fussell! x

oh yes! she does look just like that fisher price toy!

Michelle said...

I can understand how little olive feels...
My little Millie dog has had to "give up" her crocheted blanket as it really had seen better days...as a "fill in' I have put a old material quilt in her basket...
And my she is not happy...She will not even go near it...
I think I need to get one done for her quick smart...Or I'll be in the dog house...

alexkeller said...

if little olive looked at me like that, i'd give her the bottle of yummy lotion, too

gayle said...

Oh please make a little vest. I hate those sorts of things normally but if it were a crocheted wavey vest I think I would love it. And wouldn't it be highly entertaining?!That dog is so cute, honestly.

manila condos said...

Olive is so cute. Can I hug her? LOL!!!