Tuesday, October 25

three thrilling things...

to add an element of thrillingness to an otherwise frill-less week...

early morning in the shed, nesting mode well and truly in gear

thrilling thing one: every day this week i am removing one unmarked pyrex dish from the freezer, due to the length of time it has been in there, it is impossible to know what the contents are. this has added a mystery to dinner time and an air of thrillingness as to what we will be eating. all dishes contain something different, however i note they all share one thing in common, the colour orange

thrilling thing two: my nesting instincts have kicked into 'high nesting mode' and i am beavering away on making winter window coverings. i am using nubbly fabric found on ebay, which any granny worth their granny salt, would be proud to hang at their windows, and flannel. yes flannel, like you find at the fabric store to make soft and cozy things for small beings. to me the thought of hanging flannel curtains has me in a current state of giddiness which in turn has led to an element of thrillingness with the whole project

a nubbly little number most suited for granny curtains
a flannel fabric to make windows feel cozy and loved

thrilling thing three: over the past few weeks me and my adopted auntie have been beavering away on dottie angel goodies. i noted she has done a much better job at staying on track, where as i have gone off the rails most days with things like flannel curtains distracting me. however when i am not de-railed, i am thrilled to be thinking of the 'one and only' tres grand shop update i am planning in november... in time for my fabby fav time of year, the gleeful season. 

she is torn between completing second flannel curtain or stitching the 'epiphany' for the shop update which hopped into her little cogs this morning ~ Tif 

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

A former colleague decided to assist his friendly local corner shop by buying a dozen unlabelled cans, all roughly the same size. And then, he bought one to work every day so we could share in the excitement of cracking open the contents and listening to the gloop noise from some cans to try and guess what was inside. Is it peaches? Is it soup? He had chosen well and did not have catfood for lunch. Good luck with the freezer contents. Lynda

Vintage Market Place said...

o goodness
I just love the bunny lamp!!
Good luck with your nesting and freezer cleaning.
I love the idea of flannel curtains for the winter. If I had a cottage back home, I would be for sure hanging some flannel curtains to ready for the seasons snow days.
Take care
Amy

Daisy said...

Tres beautiful Tif. Cozy windows sound like the best of ideas.

Hugs
Daisy xxx

Unknown said...

Hi-larious! Who knew that mystery meals could add such a dash of adventure and derring-do! Thank you for inspiring me to look for / create "thrillingness" in my week as well. My cats should be afraid...very afraid...

Teresa Kasner said...

I look forward to seeing your flannel curtains hung up! We're at the beach.. pix on blog.. come see! Lots of time to crochet on my ripple here..
((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Mademoiselle Marie said...

I just found your blog and I love it to bits! Your home is so gorgeous <3 I'm excited to go through the archives :)

donna!ee said...

love the "mystery dinner" surprise AND the curtains will be splendid (i use wool army blankets for my windows in the winter) AND so looking forward to the shop update...blest be! :)

Jen said...

i lovelovelovelove that flannel fabric!! cute pattern & i just adore flannel.
so cozy!

Jen x

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

That rabbit light is ridiculously thrilling. :)

allie 'peachy' jane!!!! said...

loving the curtains tiff and the v funky bunny lamp!!!! I have gone into winter nesting mode as well!!!! I sorted out my bedroom and got rid of wait for it................. 70 bags of clothing that I never ever worn!!!! But I did get some cash for them so I was well happy!!!!! Now I can dance around my bedroom and no do the WTF fallover everything dance!!!!! Just to sort out the cupboard under the stairs now!!!! yay NOT!!!! Take care and did you want some ladybird books you never got back to me on that one!!!!
And the book is fab!!!!

sue said...

Love your fabric! They will make such a cosy home :o)

Eleni said...

Aha! You've just given me a marvellous idea to help my draughty old windows! They do shiver so in the winter months :(

Marjoliemaman said...

Hello ! Just a message to tell you I bought your book by chance in France and I had the chance to discover your universe this way. Love it and love also the rabbit light (which is in my daughter's room). I was dissapointed baceuse I did'nt get the glassine envelop with the book but I am so glad to know your blog that is ok !
Kind regards !

Sharon Stanley said...

how oh how could dinner be any more perfect than orange and mysterious during this lead-in to halloween?

how sweet to be a cloud said...

j'adore la lampe lapin!!!^^

Littletree Designs // Rebecca said...

Lol its like russian roulette but with dinner! Happens all the time in this house! Love your bunny lamp so cute x

meppybn said...

Thanks for the reminder to choose to find thrilling things each day :) :) Was looking for aurora borealis last night - now THAT would have been thrilling....

Donna aka Head Spinster said...

Oh my god, i love the bunny rabbit light and the vintage wallpaper. lovely stuff x

Stripes and Stars said...

Oh my, the bunny light, I am in love. Amanda.....x

Emma Wigginton said...

oooh delicious granny curtains, such distractedness can surely only be virtue and creativity in disguise...

Unknown said...

Cannot wait to see the gleeful sweetness you will make. and good luck on the curtains !

Julia said...

Oohhhhh dreamy sighs, that flannel fabric you have found for your windows is just lovely!

Love the thought of those unmarked dinners too, might do that on purpose in future, just for fun!

Love Julia x x x

dottie angel said...

oh my bunny lamp is positively beaming with your kind comments this morning!
cheers my dears for fabby words of kindness and thrillingness :)

marjolie! gosh i am delighted you found my book in france but tres saddened to think you did not get a little envelope wtith it... i do not know the reason why but i do know if you send me your details i would happily send you a few little goodies to go with the book :)