Friday, October 7

a ramble of sorts whilst recapping...

hooray it is friday! 
i am tres giddy because that means a brand new shiny week is waiting to happen in just a day or so. i am gearing up for said shiny week by cleaning our shed and shuffling things around. i can not clean a shed without shuffling, it makes the cleaning so much more thrilling when you plot and plan the movement of furniture and knick knacks.
then monday will roll around and shiny week will begin and in turn my sanity will be saved...
in the meantime, how about a little recap of last friday's book launch.


photos by bees knees Lola

oh so many fine and dandy folks dilly dallied our way, it was a most spiffy event and i was most fortunate to meet some of you
("hello hello", said whilst waving to you).
new friends and old friends came out to support the book and Janine and myself were tres delighted.
the peachy Andie and Emily of Assemble Shop are the bees knees without a doubt.
and best of all, yes quite honestly the best thing of all,
a small being with a little critter came to visit
("hello small being Gráinne and little critter Sugar Cookie" said whilst doing an extra grande wave to you)

Janine put together a little video of the evening, 'cause she is pretty spiffy that way.


i on the other hand, was complete pants and did not take any photos after a failed attempt at capturing the window display and so have relied upon others to allow me to share...
so thank you kindly Lola and Melanie, cheers my dears for your fabby sharing selves


*lola's lovely post on her book launch visit with me

she will be back on monday, with crafty creative cap firmly bobby pinned on her bounce, a la Diana Dearie style (another big wave) ~ Tif
footynote: photos today kindly shared by Lola Nova, who is also the bees knees, actually everyone who came to the book launch is the bees knees, but especially 'bees knees-ness' goes to Lola

footynote note: oh crikey, now i am fretting someone somewhere is thinking "Tif didn't wave at me" or "Tif forgot to say i was the bees knees" and this will never do. so just to set the record straight, i think you are all the bees knees and i have said this whilst waving "hello hello" to everybody this morning. yes, that is much better now...

30 comments:

Vintage Market Place said...

How absolutely wonderful!
Your things are so fun and whimsical.
they put me in a good mood just looking at them.
How I wish we had fun shops and galleries.
Have a great weekend shuffling
Amy

donna!ee said...

just gotta say how i thoroughly enjoy your posts. intriguing verbage AND OH SO tres positive perspective! thank you much for your sharing ... blest be :)

Melanie said...

Aww, thanks Tif! I think you are absolutely fantastic! :) xoxo

greenrabbitdesigns said...

I can't wait for the shiny new week as well because that's when your lovely book should arrive from Etsy!!! :)
Your book launch looked such fun!
Vivienne x

kathleen said...

oh how thrilled Gráinne (and sugars) are today. Thank you! :)

melissa said...

LOVE the video and seeing you in action, so to speak. You ARE an absolute doll, btw. :)

So happy for your success. Looks to be a jolly book launch!

Carol said...

It must be Autumn cleaning week! I'm doing the same.
Love that typewriter. I have a big old Imperial one in the loft, just about breaks my fingers trying to work the keys!
The book launch sounded wonderful, so glad all those bees and their knees came to support you.
Have a great weekend, we are allowed to put our brooms away for a couple of days.
Carol xx

Debby said...

I wish I could have been there. I had the same typewriter (except it was all blue) until just a few years ago.
You are just as cute as your cute book.

The Stitch Market said...

you're so beautiful!!

Jennifer said...

So pleased that everything went so well, I think you are the cat's pyjammas!

dottie angel said...

the peachy typewriter belongs to Andie of Assemble Shop, and i was most chuffed she used it in the window display...

have a peachy weekend my dears!
waving to you too Kathleen, just down the road, over a bridge, round the corner and up a hill, away from me :)

Rachelle Blondel said...

ooh i do love the video & how well that music fits Tiff as if it was mad esp for dottie angel...looked fab my dear Bxx

vesna said...

I wish I could be there..
I bought your book in your Etsy shop and I love it..You are such an inspiration!!

Primrose Beresford said...

Congratulations on your book.

I absolutely love the shop window displaying your books....how very Dottie....especially the Dottie Bunting...most excellent.

Best wishes
Primrose.

dottie angel said...

many thanks dearest lovely folks. have a spiffy weekend!!

Kelley Hart said...

Wish I was there! Will you be coming to L.A. any time soon?
xo

Ahipara Girl said...

Keep making, writing, doing what you do. Having seen your video, my hair is getting revamped next pay day. Gush gush. Tah-rah Dottie, you inspiring girl you!

x

Inger Johanne said...

Hi!

I just wanted to tell you that I love your blog, and that I posted on my blog today borrowing two of your pictures. Hope u don't mind..:-)

Have a lovely sunday!

Shabby Vintage Junk said...

Oh Tif how WONDERFUL....I LOVED the clip....You looked POSITIVELY radiant....!!!!!

Cheers from Oz,
Tamarah :o)

Anonymous said...

c'est génial!!j'ai acheté votre livre ..plein d'idées et de chame!! j'adore !!bravo!!!
Babou

kathleen said...

have just finished hanging bunting from Sugar Cookies' home. I think it looks very happy and I'm inspired to knit him a little cozy object for his bed. thank you for all the great ideas, your book is a big success in our house, I have to wait my turn while someone or other peruses the pages. just this morning, Grá read the happy bunny story to Roo. it's their new favorite! :)
a wave back from the rainy west side...

dottie angel said...

many thanks my dears! i am so delighted the book is so well loved by those that buy one... it is quite incredible to me and i thank you for that :)

Kathleen, hurrah for sugar cookies and your crafty creative family, warms me up on the dreary cold morning, thank you!

Zita said...

Tiff, you are the tiffiest! I can't wait for your book to arrive at my front door!!!

Lola Nova said...

Oh my, I must have my head buried in the mountains of laundry that have piled up 'round here as I've only just seen this.

I was so very pleased to have been lucky enough to attend. You are a wonder my dear, and the most gorgeous crafty soul.

I think that that bees knees business is going to my head.

Cheers!

Monica Lee said...

So excited for you! I love that pup of yours too!

Hellie said...

Morning Oh my I knew straight away when I found your Blog that there was something..... Got your book yesterday.......Pirton........Whow we must have walked on the same path.... Love love love your book and I love love love Clogs .......xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thank You for making my day so Happy xxxxxxxx

sarah said...

Oh Tif, I received my book yesterday, I love it, made me chuckle reading it last night. So beautifully wrapped and I will treasure it. You are now officially one of my heroes :)

Sarah
guernseygirlgetscrafty

dottie angel said...

oh golly gosh! delighted to hear you are most happy with the book, i can't tell you just how spiffy it is to know this, thank you kindly

yes, it truly is bees knees all round i feel...

Dacia said...

i wandered into the shop and saw your lovely lovely display!! i just adore your lamp shades--so so pretty!!

Unknown said...

My book arrived!, tiff! It is wonderful!!! You are an inspiration and I hop e you are very proud ^_^ xo