Sunday, January 30

limited shop talk...

gosh i do like that, 'limited shop talk'. its a bit tricksy dicksy of me though, for it would appear upon reading my blog title, i am going to be talking about my shop, but in a very limited small way, which no doubt has you breathing a sigh of relief, for after all i have talked a lot of shop this week.
but no! ha ha! hee hee! you are quite right about the shop talking bit, but not the limited short bit, for limited is actually a shortened version of 'dottie angel limited'...
oh yes, clever and sneaky and may i say, a little brilliant!

however i do promise, pinky promise, hand on heart kind of promise, after today there will be no shop talk for a while. i will hang up my travelling sales cap and be wearing my book writing cap. which actually is not a cap but a headscarf. yes i will don a different headscarf every day next week, i may have to borrow one or two from used dog, and i will waft around the shed, in my headscarf and book writing attire, pencil behind my ear poised at the ready to record any snippet of dottie angel wisdom that strikes my little cogs.

and what will i use to scribble my wisdom upon? i hear you ask, well luckily for me i will have in my apron pocket a handy dandy notebook... not just any old handy dandy notebook, no sirree! a handy dandy notebook from dottie angel ltd no less :)

"oooh, Tif, you are a sneaky one with your sales pitch" i hear you cry
"oh yes indeed, this old girl still has it" say i, with a little smirk


they have been a long time in the making for sure, Debbie and myself took over 8 months to get to where we are now with our 'most happy' trio, but we are here now and most delighted with the outcome of our latest 'dottie angel ltd' adventure. of course i am not the one living with huge amounts of notebooks in my nest taking up the best part of one room, but Debbie assures me they look so peachy in their large quantity that she is 'a okay' with it. i have no idea if that will be the case several months down the road but let us not dwell on such things.
instead let us dwell on their peachiness...



small enough to fit in one's bag for handy dandy note taking, impromptu list making and any random doodling required on the go. printed and made in old blighty, from beautiful recycled paper and card stock, each notebook features a dottie angel picture, a dottie angel wording and some lovely vintage fabrics. the colors are soft and vintagey and we are particularly delighted with the inside covers.


something about opening up a handy dandy notebook and finding a little extra inside to make the day a little brighter.

i could waffle on and on about them, but my sales cap is slipping and all the NITTY GRITTY can be found here if you so care to read. and if you do so care to read, then please especially note these 'most happy' threesome will be mailed from ENGLAND just like the perfectly peachy tea towels are.
best of all, we are able to offer these wholesale, so if any passing lovely shop owner thinks these sweeties may indeed be most handy dandy upon their shelves, just contact me tif@dottieangel.com so we may talk shop :)

righty ho, i am off to sort out my head scarves and make the mountain of laundry look like a molehill before another week begins and just before i do,
may i just say little olive is beaming with your lovely comments from thursday. may i also just say by saturday little olive's cardboard playpen had to be confiscated due to another 'health and safety' regulation stating little doggies can only eat 'x' amount of cardboard before they come a cropper.

i noted upon me having to remove little olive from her playpen that used dog had sat quietly by during the whole proceedings. for she is a wise old dog of 11 years and has learnt from experience that cardboard eating is not a healthy past time, thus proving growing old has its good points.

she is thinking this week's word of the week will be 'handy dandy' cause she wishes to use it in the grocery store. "oooh no thank you! i have bought my own 'handy dandy' bag to use" ~ Tif

26 comments:

素敵なかわいい said...

super cute

- said...

How beautiful and impressive. I think they'll be a hit!

Shelley in SC said...

Oh my word . . . these are adorable. I'm headed right over to buy a set!

The Sterling Cherub said...

These are adorable notebooks! Since they are being send from jolly ol' blighty, I may as well order a set, and a set of tea towels too, as I love to save on postage and I bet they could all come across the pond in the same parcel!

Best,

Kimberly

Laura Trevey said...

Just found your wonderfully refreshing blog today, and wanted to say hello :)

xo Laura

Michelle said...

Oh Tif...
You sneaky thing!!!
I Adore these...
I have ran as fast as I could to your "wee" shop...and purchased a set...
I think they will certainly set
"Mr Gloom running"...

sean the prawn said...

Tiff, I believe your little notebookies to be devine.
Made in England os such a plus!
It is hard to limit the shop talk, I've just updated mine too...oops naughty me I can't believe that slipped out.

Devon said...

Those are simply adorable,,good job..and I just have to tell you this,,every time I read your post I am picturing the voice of the The Mad Hatter reading it(in a good way,I love the Mad Hatter Johnny Depp version)I hope you take that as a compliment..well I hope you do get your laundry to a molehill and have yourself a peachy week,,ttfn..

Shabby Vintage Junk said...

Tif these notebooks look VERY peachy indeed....I've snapped up my trio & EAGERLY await their arrival from old blighty....With any luck, poor Debbie won't be looking after so many for too long....!!

Cheers from Oz & THANKS as always for the smile,
Tamarah :o)

Anonymous said...

Love them

Francesca said...

they are gorgeous tif! loving the progress of dottie angel ltd. x

ZIZO label said...

wow, i love your notebooks... I've put them on my wish list. This being that I have a shelf full of still empty notebooks, waiting to be filled or to be given away. I just can 't resist lovely paper things. Thanks for this unexpected surprise,
Christien.

Anonymous said...

Ooooh they are very lovely indeed!

Carol said...

Mmmm, wonder how "I've brought my 'handy dandy' bag to use" will go down round here! Will have to give it a try.
Notebooks look lovely but all sold out already, think Dottie Angel inc. is going to be a big success.
Carol xx

Regina said...

These notebooks are so lovely!!!

gkey said...

Dear Waffeling~Wafting~Wisdom,

I am Wonderfully Won over by your Winsome, Willy~nilly of a Web~log these days. It is a delightful Window to Wander into now and again. Especially this Winter. It is helping me to Ward off, Weaken and cause to Wane any urge to Wallow in a WishyWashy Waterloo. Makes me Wistful, Wishful, Wild and Wholly full of Wonderment.


love,
Words {not just ones starting with W}
in
NE

the teacup incident said...

Aren't those notebooks charming? Well done, Tif!

Mlle Paradis said...

you have way too much fun!

thanks for sharing it with us tho!

christina said...

everything is so lovely. so happy i came across your blog and shop. (via all the luck in the world)

your challenge of the utmost kind seems very challenging-- but i'm considering signing up...

silverpebble said...

Minniedog waves a dogofacertainage paw at Used Dog. It is probable they are kindred spirits, Minniedog and her siblings having been advertised in a freeads mag and being the result of, ahem, a dalliance.

Minniedog sighs deeply sometimes, when she hears the antics of Little Olive. She has cast off her waywardness and penchant for cardboard for a place by the fire, but she remembers it well.

Little Blue Mouse said...

Lovely notebooks indeed.
I hope Olive is not too upset at having her playpen confiscated.

dottie angel said...

thank you so kindly for your lovely comments on our handy dandy notebooks :)

silver pebble, indeed a wise dog knows...
and
gkey, thank you for the smiles you gave me :)

Sloppop Yeah said...

and 3 notebooks just found a new home in the north of Holland! looking forward to it ;-) byebye! Liesbeth

Emma said...

So excited, just ordered my trio & popped a little note about them on my blog. Can't wait to receive them - thank you so much. x

Claire Garland said...

Ooh, ooh, ooh - I've a handy thrifty tip - do you keep your scraps of yarn, your off cuts and snippings? Well do - they make great stuffing for small makes! Thank you.

dottie angel said...

lovely top thrifty tip there dotpebbles, i have a whole jar of tails waiting :)

hope you like the notebooks my dears!