Friday, January 21

dottie angel workshop summer retreats...

as promised yesterday, i have note #4 in my hands, ready to share and it is a mighty fine note, even if i do say so myself. one that brings a little tear to my eye, silly i know but i can't help myself, some things just make me tear up and this is one of them.
so without further a do...

note #4:


i am delighted beyond all delights, indeed giddier then any giddiness i have felt before, to announce
two
back to back
this coming
July 2011
and the thing that brings the little tear to my eyes? well dearest readers, these two peachy workshops will be held in England! yes indeedy, i have been given the wonderful opportunity of returning home to where my heart is, so i may teach my craft to like minded souls courtesy of the brilliantly brilliant Angela of Ace Camps.

the retreats will be take place on the Suffolk Coast, in a cottage overlooking the sea, (sound familiar?), each retreat will consist of three nights stay, two full days of dottie angel workshops, (and i do mean full, we craft from morning to late into the evening if the dearies so wish). there will be walks on the beach, tea taken around the fire pit and more vintage fabrics in one room then you could ever dream of. to keep our crafty energies at maximum levels, Angela will provide wonderful home cooked meals along with snacks and beverages...

day one: we will be crafting
summer apron wraps



upon donning our wraps and looking mighty fine, myself and my dearies will continue upon our path of recycled handcrafting and begin making
little birdie 'hangy-me-jigs'



the evenings will be spent 'a yakking and a yarning' with crochet or knitting in hand, no dearie need fret if crocheting is not her forte, for i or other dearies with 'thee knowledge' will gladly spend our time wisely helping others along the goodly and righteous path of yarny goodness

day two: will find us finishing up our little birdie 'hangy-me-jigs' and moving on to
little sunshine messenger sacks



perfectly suited to carrying a small critter, some yarn or a chocolate bar, if time allows we will take our left over scraps from our two days of beavering and create ourselves some 'happy scrappy' garlands.

both retreats are limited to 8 dearies, which i think will make for a wonderful crafting environment and maximum quality time spent together.

for all the nitty gritty on the trip details including dates, you can looky here
for all the nitty gritty on the itinerary, you can looky here
for all the nitty gritty on what Ace Camps are, you can looky here
and
for some wonderful 'kind words' from past Ace Camp participants, you can looky here

if after all that 'looky looking' you feel this may indeed be the retreat for you and your lovely stash of vintage, second hand linens to have a moment to shine, but you have a question or two that requires an answer, please do contact Angela, ritchieacecamps@yahoo.ca for she is in charge of this grand adventure and will bound to have all the answers you need

now of course some of you maybe thinking, England! Summer! The Beach! has Tif lost her little tiny mind! you can be rest assured i have not, for rain or shine, hail or heatwave, me and my dearies will be channelling our inner dottie angels and crafting to our little eclectic souls content in a beach house overlooking the sea, running barefoot if we so wish, spending our evenings by the fire pit, wearing vintage slips and living life the dottie angel way regardless of what Mr Weather brings our way.
for we all know through the wisdom of our own experience
"when one crafts, the sun shines all around"

she is wishing you the peachiest of peachy weekends ~ Tif

39 comments:

My Handmadehappiness said...

OMG I was so hoping this be the news I must go see!!! We might just meet!!! how exciting!!! Just have to see if I can get a sitter now!!! xx

Unknown said...

that sounds like heaven. wish i lived closer to england (oh, how i miss it!)

Unknown said...

That looks like so much fun. I am so envious of the final 8 that make it!

Kate Shepherd said...

Oh Tif,.
I did a little excited skip and then a small jump and a squeak on reading the news that your workshops in July would be in England - where I actually live, eek!! Really really would love to come but can I/how do I book just the workshop and not the travel from USA? I can't afford to fly all the way to america to fly back though don't think I wouldn't. Please tell me I won't have to. Thanks - off to do a bit of excited/tense embroidery now :0)

Claire Mackaness said...

Oh the pain, I so wish to join you but I will be 37 weeks pregnant by then and although you are only 2 hours drive away from my chosen hospital I am not sure you would wish for a surprise visitor half way through the weekend! Please run more UK workshops though as I am truly desperate to attend.

Carol said...

Sounds like heaven Tif!
Hope your weekend is peachy too.
Carol xx

Tids said...

Oh I wish so MUCH I could afford to go to this :( Gutted. Will you be doing it again next year? Oh please say yes or I might just cry!!!! xx

Lisbeth Williams said...

Hi Tif, I have blogged about you here:

http://inredningsdesigner.blogspot.com/

Cheers from Lisbeth in Sweden

sabrina said...

This sounds SO exciting. The pictures from your last retreat were so fun to look at on flickr. I only wish the timing were a little different. (I'm getting married August 1st and flying to England a month before my wedding may not be very wise.) I will be doing my own crafty work at the same time, however. And I will think of you and your "dearies" at the cottage overlooking the sea while I work!

Ana Victoria Calderon said...

I love your blog! It's all so pretty.

Amanda Makes said...

Tif, what about if I want to sign up for your workshop from this side of the pond? Is that possible? I followed the links and it seems to be for American visitors only. xxxxx

blue corduroy said...

wow! that sounds so much fun! i'm so happy for you!

p.s. i love the new hair-do that i spy.

Sweet Birdy Love said...

Oh Tif, it all sound so peachy, perfect, I'm almost reaching for my passport.......
I'm sure the numbers will fill quickly and the 8 lucky ladies who partake in all that Dottie Angel crafty, goodness will have a wonderful time.
The best part being that it's held somewhere dear to your heart of hearts.

Have a fab weekend.

Glenys said...

They are so colourful. I like them!
Can't stop staring at them.

paperbird said...

what a wonderful experience this would be dottie angel- how i would love to join you.

one can dream!

Bron said...

Oh I am so disappointed that Australia is so far away....I will just have to live it through you blog.. It will be a total blast I am sure.

Traveling Mama said...

I am wholeheartedly depressed. I just booked those dates for a trip to Italy and I would have LOVED coming to your workshop. I wonder if I could convince the bride and groom to change their wedding date? They don't need us to take their photos, right? Could you please, please, please offer your class in England again? I live in Denmark and would happily fly over! Or you could come to Denmark... it's not so far from England!

Tove said...

oh.. I would love to be one of the lucky ones:)

jill funkhouser said...

Would love to participate if this was online. I live in Cold WI, USA! I love all your stuff!
Love
'Jill
www.campfunk.blogspot.com

Rachel at Stitched in Color said...

If only wishes could come true!

Antje said...

just beautiful!

Ellen said...

ah, this sounds lovely! I am sure it will be a truly inspiring event for those who are lucky enough to attend! :) Is it possible to pop over from Norway?

dottie angel said...

thank you for your lovely excitement on behalf of my dottie angel retreat, it made me most happy :)

as for the booking side of things, the website has all the details and the cost does not include travel expenses, it inclues accomodation, food, beverages and the workshops. you can registar from any country you live in, the cost is listed in US Dollars as that is how Angela does things...
i hope that helps clear a few things up and you can always contact Angela directly with your concerns or enquiries, for she knows the nitty gritty more than myself :)

as to another one, another year! who knows my dearies, we must take it one year at a time but i would love to!

have a peachy weekend my dears!

Anonymous said...

Oh how i wish i could travel to experiance this class.
I love aprons and where them everyday for insude and ouside chores and cant understand why i am the only person i know who wears them.
I love bags too.
You will all have so much fun!!!!!!!

Francesca said...

tif, how lovely! we're going to aldeburgh in suffolk for half term while our kitchen is being done, whereabouts are you going exactly? i can scope out some good fish n chips for you! x

Pretty Arty said...

I am soo jealous, I would soo love to come! the program seems amazing!!!!

Lisbeth Williams said...

Hi, Love your work. I have böogged about it here: http://inredningsdesigner.blogspot.com/

cheers, Lisbeth in Sweden

guerrillartmomma said...

Please don't forget about the east coast, we have some lovely sea-side spots! Please? I will bring the tea.

Christine said...

Ooooh Suffolk - that's where I live :) Sadly I can't come as it's a certain someone's (well, mine) birthday then and I have lots of birthday plans :(

hlimbrick said...

My goodness, this sounds like an absolute dream! And I live not far from Suffolk! (Actually I don't know where exactly Suffolk is, but I live in England, and I live next to the sea). Ironically, I'm reasonably sure I shall be spending the month of July visiting siblings-in-law IN OREGON. Blast. x

van said...

woah, that is so awesome. shame my vintage fabric collection is small and not even enough for an apron (i used the last bits for the cabinet doors, cabinet is soo happy now).
but hey, its a great excuse to go hunting for *more* fabric eh? yes, yes, i think so too.

cinback said...

Thank you for your constant inspiration. I loved your hanging hearts from a few days ago so much that I just had to make some for myself! You can see my post here: http://seriousplay.typepad.com/cinback/2011/01/hearts-of-happiness.html
PS I have even started knitting because of you!

dottie angel said...

cinback! they look just beautiful and i love your use of baker's twine, truly peachy my dear :)

thank you my lovelies for the well wishes on my dottie angel camps! most kind indeed :)

Miki said...

Hi! I've just found out about you through another blog. I'm in love with what you do! :D I have the feeling I'll come here visit quite often.

Oh, and by the way, I'm about to start a life abroad myself, too. I'm from Buenos Aires, Argentina and I'm moving to California in a week!

Hope you've started the week off with a huge smile :D.

Miki.

Greedy Nan said...

Would you believe I'd already booked my summer break and guess what the dates are? Don't think I'll be seeing you after all Tif but will be there in spirit.

Pinecone said...

Totally random here...but, wherever did you get those adorable leggings with ties in the last photo?! Adore them!
I live in the Seattle area...I could just pop by and pick them up ha!
Ashlyn

Emma said...

Oh Tif I am sooooo excited to read this. I was thinking about you running a course in Blighty only a few months ago. Well, I'm desperately trying to see if I can negotiate things with my husband. He'd happily let me come, the problem is he doesn't know his work until the month before & I need him to look after 3 children, 2 dogs, 1 cat & I'm still working on the chickens!!! So I will be very last minute but suspect there will be no places left by then. Boo. But on the positive side - you never know!!! x

Geelong Baby Market said...

It is times like this that I wish I lived in the UK again. I am so envious. For all us poor people that cant attend can we have a little DIY posting?

dottie angel said...

janina, i often do 'how-tos' upon my blog and hopefully you can find those in my 'show and tell' category...
i totally understand that for many where i am teaching is not an option for travelling... perhaps another time and another year i will be able to travel somewhere else :)