Wednesday, January 26

and it all becomes clear...

yes indeedy dearest readers, as i was doing a bit of twiddling with Carlos my trusty camera and his twiddly bits, trying to get some etsy shots, it all became clear...

as i noted the other day in my 'terribly important things to note' post, i mentioned my inability to cook orange meals any longer, how this has thrown me off balance and i have been most fretful about the whole lacking of orange on the dinner table.
well of course silly me! whilst 'a twiddling' it dawned on me, i am completely and utterly influenced in the kitchen by what i am crafting. therefore for many many months i was all about orange, lovely big retro flowery orange prints, thus i fed my clan orange meal after orange meal...

but i have noted a change has been creeping in, a change that has me a little nervy.
for i said to myself many moons ago,
i would not,
could not,
ever,
never
do lilac again after living in a lilac nest during the latter part of the nineties, in old blighty.
it would appear lilac has other things to say about that, along with gingham.
(gasp, shock and a little horror)
for i did indeed right here on my shiny place exclaim i did not do gingham.
never say never Tif...



upon opening up to lilac and purple (purple!) i have allowed all sorts of others to follow suit. pink keeps talking to me, not granny knicker pink but 'full on' pink, infact it is becoming quite the distraction. in doing so, i have found a new true love, for he is perfectly suited to share his world with any color, he loves orange, yellow, pink, lilac and many more, doing a grand job at keeping them grounded and in their place.



so it would appear my new love is warm glossy grey and the need to paint various passing pieces of woody things in the shed with his presence, has caused me to stumble from the righteous and goodly path of home cooked orange meals. if i had thought serving up orange meals to my clan was hitting an all time low in culinary delights, then i do believe warm grey home cooked meals will put paid to that record.

still stocking shelves this week and on friday she has some news on dottie angel ltd... haha, doesn't that sound so grown up and proper, must be something to do with warm grey and his sophisticating ways ~ Tif

20 comments:

Lola Nova said...

Lovely. I do believe I might have mentioned that I am a sucker for a vintage gingham. I do love that lilac gingham heart!

Everything is looking very pretty 'round the shed.

Unknown said...

all is so lovely!!!
have a nice week

wood & wool stool said...

hmmmm, white is the new peach!

Teresa Kasner said...

Tif, love love love all your hearts. Yours are so nice and light and white and bright. You should see the bloody red immersion of hearts on my blog. :-)

Love your light.. Teresa in Oregon (below you!)

Anonymous said...

These lovely pics brighten my day...Thank you :) Xoxoxo

Francesca said...

i'm impressed at you bringing lilac back into your life. it really is the one true evil colour. but i have to admit, it works here. and pink and yellow is such a great combo. i love that middle flowery heart. and the tiny one on the left. and the tiny yellow one up top. adorable. x

Rachel at Stitched in Color said...

the gray frame makes the shot (or is it the flowers)? Either way tis lovely!

Rose said...

Warm grey and white are my absolute favorite colors right now.

Aunt Spicy said...

ohhhh, I love glossy, happy gray! And those flowers are genius!

Dee said...

hilarious! i was an avid anti-oranger but lo! here i am in LOVE with orange.
my worst fear is purple. and if i ever grow to love purple, i feel i will need to seriously psycho-analyse myself!
purple to me, is synonymous with extraordinary amounts of black eyeliner (on both the upper AND lower lids) and crushed velvet skirts worn with heavy black lace-up boots. however, i'm open to being proven wrong... :)
- Dee

frau knopf said...

I really like this old table cloth with embroidery in combination with 70er fabric. I often think about who the women was who makes this loveley embroidery.
And the hearts are so cute!
Greeting from Germany

Little Blue Mouse said...

Grey meals you say?
I think you could do with some of the pastry I made at school which was a wonderful marbled grey!

A Bun Can Dance said...

Dear Tif
Oh it is such joy when new colours come into our repertoire, don't you find? For me, I've always been a pink and green girl but now I find the world of BLUE has entered my creations and it makes me most happy indeed! Mostly I am in love with turquoise and find any opportunity to add the colour to my makes :-)
I'm sure you'll be eversohappy with your new colour friends!
Denise x
PS: Oh what a lot of excitement there is here! You're venturing to Blighty for a crafty time - good luck with that. And I've just viewed your film over on Etsy - it is so very lovely and cosy - rather like curling up with Olive in her suitcase full of granny squares! Well done you - Congratulations on all your venturing forth and expansive ways!
xx

dottie angel said...

isn't it grand my dears what a little bit of color can do to our lives :) although i am still very wary of purple...
and the old gingham thing i am thinking is probably something to do with school uniform, for i do love gingham but i wore it rather a lot as a child, just like maroon school sweaters... therefore i cannot look at maroon with much excitement either :)

muumun said...

Hello, Dottieangle,

You are so much my idol. I'm very much in love in what you have posted. The pictures, and craft you have made. It's very simple, but charming.

I'm a new comer for blogger. I live in Thailand, just to introduce myself to you for a bit. I'm just creating some simple picture to post on my blog. If you don't mind, it would be so much my honor if you come and visit, and have some comment for a little blog i have just created.

Anyway, would love to join your workshop or camp, but i'm just too far.

Thanks for reading.

My blog is muumun.blogspot.com

Add

jane said...

I love gingham, I never wore it for school so maybe thats why, I share your feelings on maroon, my boys wear it for school and I have to close my eyes when ironing them...( the sweatshirts not my boys x )

Regina said...

I have a daughter that adores purple- and lilac is one I don't mind a bit. Just that really deep purple I struggle with. My family wouldn't care much for all orange meals- they prefer red. Grey might be worth trying though. ;)

Unknown said...

i love it¡¡¡
a kiss
Paz.
elbauldepaz.blogspot.com

rubelin said...

Oh, tif, how i love you so...

The thought of grey meals made me a bit squidgy (and giggly!), but, while they aren't usually favorites of mine, I do think lilac and "full on" pink are simply gorgeous when passed through your crafty fingers =) They are quite a good antidote to Mr. Gloom!

dottie angel said...

why thank you again for your lovely words, truly you are most kind :)