Thursday, June 3

me and my grandpa joe ways...

in the past week i have felt a little like
grandpa joe from charlie and the chocolate factory.
i say "a little" and not "a lot"
for if i said "a lot" then it would mean i had whiskers a lot like grandpa joe
and even if the truth were that i do have whiskers to rival grandpa joe's,
i wish to remain in denial...

so that being said and all cleared up,
i must tell you that just as grandpa joe got out of his bed,
albeit a little achy,
did a little dance in his nightie and whiskers.
i got out of my shed,
albeit a little achy,
did a little dance,
no longer in pj's and without whiskers.
on returning to the shed each day i felt most peachy indeed.

so today i give you,
a week in the life of 'me and my grandpa joe' ways...

1: i went on an art trip to the zoo with our #1 in the pouring rain,
i was surrounded by eighteen year olds, something wasn't quite right.
i am supposed to still be eighteen, how on earth did i get to forty one so quickly...

2: i went to the thrift store and an estate sale.
i found a few little finds worth finding


and a granny chic cabinet that could not be left behind.
i had no justification for my purchase other than she spoke to me,
pleaded with me,
telling me how she needed to live at mossy shed.
i do believe i saw a lone tear at one point,
who was i too let the old dear down...
i have since been busy with my glossy white paint,
a pot of glue
and some vintage wallpaper.



the estate sale made me ponder,
thinking of the person's life laid out before strangers.

3: i beavered a little with Miss Ethel,
short little bursts of sewing, taking things easy...


i beavered under the influence of my swedish clogs.
Miss Ethel understood

4: i, along with my man started the long overdue, re-do of our bedroom.
i have waited over 2 years to get started,
it would appear mossy shed has waited over 30 years for me to find her and get started.
i was not able to participate in my usual frenzy of painting due to my CCSI,
so instead i made myself most useful by pointing out areas my man had missed with the roller.
it is an on going project,
but having got rid of the 30 year old carpet,
the past few nights are the first i have slept soundly with my allergies since arriving at the shed...

5. i noted that spoonfulzine issue 2 is now out...
my copy is winging it's way to moi as i tippity type.
it does look most lovely indeed and i'm rather excited to see how my bit of blurb turned out

6. the lovely Victoria kindly mentioned my dottie angel retreat...
six places have been filled by six dearies.
i am indeed most excited by this bit of news.
still room for more dearies to join in

7. and perhaps the bestest of besty thing to have happened over the past week.
after many weeks of neglect,
me and Mr Hook did indeed find time to renew our love affair...
no need for dorothy or dr hook this time.


just me and my Mr Hook,
sweet and oh so perfectly perfect.

she notes for the first time in weeks, the sun has come out to play ~ Tif

20 comments:

Chloe said...

A week well spent, My Dear.

Sharon Stanley said...

hello tif...i am so happy to read you and grandpa joe had a lovely weekend...especially the sale part. i got to go to an estate sale over the weekend as well and to my most favorite of favorite thrift stores...i purchase the most precious little mushroom of a stool you ever saw and am busily painting the little legs very very pale blue...to go with a patchwork cover i am making. i also bought beds for our place up the country. so happy the sun is shining on your shed...it is shining here as well...loved the hook photos! you do such a great job!

Tonia said...

The sun is out here too - sadly I am office-bound for 1 more day, than shall I truly skip gaily down the garden path!

Elissa said...

everything, absolutely everything, you do makes me swoon.

Autumn Mist said...

I am loving the inside of your house and am gradually piecing it together, but now I am curious and want to see the outside of mossy shed. Any chance? And please, more piccies of little olive...

Spire said...

YOU inspire me! Your words, your stories, your redesigns, your crafts.. Thank You!
Whish for you and Mr Hook
a LOVE-ly
weekend.:)
LenaE

erin lebeau said...

glad you are feeling back to your old ways ...are we going to get a full-body shot of Ms. Granny Chic Cabinet? (love what you did with her innards)

Lorna said...

Emma from Silver Pebble told me about you, that blog post is brilliant and I'm off to check out your shop

Bobo Bun said...

All sounds perfectly joyful, the best of weeks. Much of my childhood rooms came back to me through those papers, 70's horror became a fabulous vision when you gave it the patchy treatment. Your squares work for me too. Glad it's just so again.

Bobo X

Roxanne said...

What pretty little finds and pretty little wall paper. Reading you blog is like poetry and puts a smile on my face every day. Thanks Tif!

mel @ loved handmade said...

So pleased to hear you've had a lovely week. All those images have influenced me emmensely this morning! I'm all inspired & fluttery in the tummy..off to thrift, hook (in a good wooly kind of way) & paint a little neglected stool...

Michelle said...

Dear Tif...
I do believe your room will turn out most perfect...
and even better with a bit of helpful pointing out to "Mr doubter" for I am sure he is not doubting your thrifty ways when it comes to re doing his little corner of the room too...
Does he have a corner?
My man is not so lucky...lol...

So glad you and Mr Hook are back on again...I have missed seeing him and can't wait to see more pics...

PixieBelle said...

This sounds a week to be proud of. Mine has included angry people, lazy people, a little hooking, cutting and hopefully a little sewing this weekend. If only my whole week could be like my weekends. Weekends are the greatest.

ShabbyChicShaz said...

Love, love, love the wallpapers patchworked together, they look amazing

Caterina Giglio said...

so nice to know you don't have whiskers!

Selfsewn said...

Heavenly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Madelief said...

Love your finds! The cupboard looks great!

Lieve groet, Madelief

AT said...

goodness GRACIOUS! that tin is simply divine. you always have the best luck with your finds! thanks for sharing!

rubelin said...

Yea for feeling like Grandpa Joe, may some chocolate make you feel even better =)

And YAY for the linkie to your post about Dorothy and Mr. Hook. My hook and I thank you so very kindly.

Greedy Nan said...

I may be the very slow brained user of a computer but I was extremely quick when I placed my order to subscribe to the Spoonful magazine. I just hope that the Postman will be just as quick when delivering to me across the pond.