Friday, June 25

a kitschy plan...

i have mentioned before
how i do believe the best thing we ever did since moving to mossy shed
was adding our back yard chickens...
but what i failed to mention was the one down side i have found to having them live with us.
i know for some, it may come as a shock to learn
i do indeed find a negative with my chickie peas.
all of their positiveness far outweighs the little negative
but it is still one that i must tell.
our chickens may go wheresoever their little hearts care to roam
within our back yard,
thus making any lovely little flowers fear for their lives...

so when i looked upon this picture after showing you earlier in the week,
it dawned on me, something was obviously missing.
for indeed the last time i took such a shot,
i had flowers looking pretty in their pots.
now all i have is an acre of moss
and bulldozed pots and beds...


there was nothing for it, dearest readers
but to take a risk,
a risky kitschy kind of risk...
so without further a do,
whilst my menfolk watched the footy this morning
i, along with Our #1 left for the thrift store.
i donned my thrifty find from a few days ago
hoping it would bring me luck...

with my kitschy plan inside my head
i knew i was on a mission, perhaps an impossible mission
for we all know,
missions are not easy to fulfill at the thrift store.
it is more 'per chance' that things come our way...

back at the shed looking at the kitschy goodness i unearthed


i am filled with thoughts of my 'outdoor flowery' plan,
in my head it looks tres peachy
but in reality i am thinking
it could go either way...

she is wishing you all the most loveliest of lovely weekends and thanking you most kindly for your peachiness this past week ~ Tif

28 comments:

Unknown said...

I am in love with your backyard. In love.

Anonymous said...

can't wait to see what you've got a brewin'. ps. Gertie and i think that your thrifty/dottie'd dress looks most delightful on you! happy weekend!
N

Sharon Stanley said...

i am afraid our chicks are confined to a rather nice pen most of the time...several reasons...varmints for one...and the fact that they too are flower (and garden) eaters....can't wait for your plan....lets hope it works...happy weekend!

Elissa said...

oh, if anyone can do it, it's YOU! :-)

Walter Helena Photography said...

Oh pups! Oh dress! Oh kitschy finds! Oh gorgeous photography.

Elizabeth said...

What a cute doggie you have! And I just love your cardigan! :)

Margith said...

I love your dress :-)

S I L V A N A said...

See...you surprise me evry time with your stories even with this little note when we are about to leave you a comment. You are very inspiring! Keep on this brillant talent of yours! :O)Silvana

Guru said...

Me encanta esta foto! Es tan inspiradora... Parece sacada de un cuento, además, estás preciosa...

Greedy Nan said...

No chooks in my garden I'm afraid although I would like some [so would my pusses too]. I was out early today cutting some roses for the garden table -where's the sense in that - just couldn't resist their perfume and colour. Your post reminded me of that and that I need more insence ...
Hope you're now fully recovered. x

Marie said...

I know what little plan you might have and my sister had the same idea and guess what?...it is fabulous!
She put the "fake" flowers under her covered patio in pots and they look lovely as the first day of spring.
: )

Miss Bluemchen said...

The dress is so beautiful, like the entire blog

nacherluver said...

Me thinks you have most brilliant idea Wise One!

Can't wait to see the results!

p.s. lovin' the clover in your yard! it always smells so yummy and is filled with gorgeous bees. how do I know you may ask? simple. I have the same lawn!

Vicki K. said...

Ooooooooohhhhh...your dress looks even better On You. And it was already wonderful.

Chloe said...

I just love dear little Olive. Good luck with your flowerings!

Unknown said...

Your thrifty find looks quite good on you. Well done. :)

Dotty Delightful said...

Oh I hear you Tif, my hens are lovely but oh my they get me so cross when they eat my flowers, in fact nothing is safe from their pecking beaks apart from lavender, maybe they dont like the smell?, yesterday I caught one that had gone along the neighbours wall hopped across to the top of the chicken house where all my herbs grow - I thought out of danger from the naughty girls but alas no, with her beak stuffed with parsley and a smile on her cheeky face she thought she had hit gold!

Flaming Nora said...

ooh what a fantastic idea, wonder if it will be child proof as well as chicken proof? may be it would help the areas of little devastation in our back garden. Humm food for thought.

silvermoon said...

Hey, i like your blog! And your dog is so cute.. the german name for this dog is "Dackel".. I don´t know the nam ein english...?
Greetings from switzerland
Claudine

Tanya Murray said...

Huh??? What...???

rebekka said...

I just adore that dress you're wearing! Lovely!!!

thea said...

I'm also on a thrifty quest at the moment in search of a cute thine cupboard/cubby holes to put my spoonfuls on... sigh... mine is proving difficult... perhaps I need a lucky charm too...

thea.
xx

(spoonful)

Tüp Bebek tedavisi said...

was an article I liked. Thanks for sharing....

Kristen said...

I am guessing your crafty kitschy plan, and I have absolute faith in your vision! You must station yourself secretly nearby, so as to observe the first confused nibble...

My chickies live in an enclosed pen, too, but my neighbors hens come over and eat up all my lettuce. They also eat all the Japanese beetles, though, so bless them forever; I will plant whatever lettuce is their favorite, and serve it up to them personally.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I love your little dachshund!! I have never seen one with that coloring.
So cute. Is she a mixed breed?
I just happened onto your blog today and I love your crochet projects too.

Ann said...

Naughty chicks! Sigh..... I just love that thrifty dress!

Anonymous said...

I found your page from Brocante Home. I've copied this picture and linked it back here (hopefully I did it correctly!). LOVE this photo and all the rest. I am a mother of four also, and can definitely relate to the soccer injuries.

deborah said...

i love that picture on the floor by you!! where did you get it???
xxx
btw i have you up as one of my favorite blogs on my blog(fiveorsixgirls.blogspot.com)