Wednesday, June 13

woke up this morning feeling fine...

the day started off on a much better note...i put on my best crafting top, tackled my 'frizzy expanding' hair with pins and embraced the day. i realized that my business cards would help maintain an air of mystery about me with the lack of information printed on them...and all was well in my little world...

that is until Miss Margery had a wobbly at me. it was lucky i was wearing my safety goggles at the time, or i think i could have sustained a very serious injury...
i still haven't located all of the needle, but as i sat at my table, watching my second 'sick' sewing machine in one week, i realized i am at a crossroads in my career (oooh, you have no idea how many years i have waited to say that word, not 'crossroads', the 'career' bit), actually, it is more like a 'T Junction'. i could turn 'left', walk away from a life of sewing on a machine, throw in the towel with dottie angel and admit defeat...or i could turn 'right', pick up the manual, take some deep breaths and start reading.

i think, dear readers you would have been proud of me...i read the manual (well, page 21 and 59) and i changed the needle and i even cleaned out the bobbin case...Miss S. Machine will recieve the same treatment tomorrow, let's just hope it isn't too late for her...
i can't ramble on anymore because it's 'show and tell' (yipee)...i have been in a whirlwind of excitement since last night, when at midnight my man proceeded to 'fix up' my door. i do know that i could have fixed her up myself but this was before i started reading manuals, so i hadn't yet mastered the drill well enough to actually attempt to put a hole in my lovely door, she is way too precious for that...i told him it was of the utmost importance that she was done for today's 'show and tell'. he felt that my small readership might understand if it didn't happen until next week...then he glanced up from his work (yes, he works a nocturnal life) and saw that 'look' that speaks a thousand words...with a deep sigh (totally exaggerated if you ask me, a bit like my hair today) off he went to do a bit of this, some of that and lastly this while i very helpfully took pictures along with lots of 'oohing' and 'ahhing'...(i know... he's a good man)

she now resides in our bedroom, where i can admire her at all times while perusing my japanese craft books that i tend to do late at night...

and so with no further ado i shall unveil my "i love you more than life it's self " door...dressed and looking beautiful right beside my granny's dressing table and my mum's stool




and lastly we have our guest appearance, now please bear in mind that she is shy, not very confident and is worried about making an appearance on my blog and in my little shop...so i give to you Flossie, my first apron dress, made from a cotton nightie and a bed sheet from the thrift store, put through some dye and embellished with odds and ends from my stash of fabrics...you can see her close up here and here...

tomorrow comes and brings with it, 'top tips' ~ Tif

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

i adore flossie..i wonder what size she is...either way she shouldn't be shy..your door looks great too :)laura

Hear Me Roar! said...

Our little door looks simply GORGEOUS! You have been ever so much more productive than I this week, and the apron dress is DIVINE. I simply MUST lay off the chocolate spread and get my behind in yoga so I can wear one of the lovelies one day. Oh by the way, speaking of chocolate spread... did you know that if you accidentally put the jar in the freezer it will taste exactly like a chocolate truffle?! Oh yes...! The diet will have to start AFTER the jar is done.

Anonymous said...

You keep coming up with the most amazing ideas. The apron dress is just lovely and the door...well, what can I say, perfectly distressed.

Christine said...

I LOVE the 'old faded knickers shade' of your door and the glass doorknob - your bedroom looks lovely too. The apron dress is so pretty and by the way, your daughter looked beautiful in your previous post(she must take after her mum) and is the perfect model for your slips.

Gigibird said...

The least your husband could do after not letting you have access to decent conditioner is to get his drill out and do man stuff, after all why do you keep him in the house otherwise?
The apron dress is a triumph of feminine engineering at its best. DA has surpassed herself.
Well done for reading the manual – I had a similar experience with a needle and was driven to desperate measures – reading the manual – it worked of course but I’ve never been right since
I do like your top – isn’t it one your mum bought you to brighten you up?

Anonymous said...

oh! I like Flossie.

Roobeedoo said...

Lovely dress! She doesn't seem to be in the shop yet...? Or is she sold already?!

Anonymous said...

lovely door, and even lovelier dress...and you do realize that there might be a market for the ability to lose small children in one's hair...

geriann said...

my dearest dottie angel (and tif of course)
your door is ever so lovely...but flossie - oh my stars and garters - shyness does not become you - bring yourself out into the big bright world (preferably my home)and be worn with pride. absolutely lovely, lovely, lovely...
luv
geriann

Tracy x said...

i neeeeeed flossie - or a cousin of hers maybe.......
tracy x

Anonymous said...

flossie is utterly devine, as is 'the door' - I think you must christen it also with an appropriately DA name.

Anonymous said...

oh, and Tif you have to stop featuring such gorgeous etsy items on your little photos on the right there. All too tempting and I'm spending a small fortune!!!!

Anonymous said...

Being drawn to all manner of old, chipped,obviously (or should of been)loved and thoroughly faded things, your door is lovely. The door (which deserves a name) is the perfect backdrop for beautiful Flossie.

Francesca said...

Perfect shabby chic!

(is it just me or does anyone else really enjoy doing the word verification thing...today 'flwlkng')

Betty said...

I love your door! Its the perfect place to display your pretty creations!