Thursday, June 7

me, my slip and Elvis...

after a hearty breakfast of chocolate spread on toast...which was well deserved considering the ridiculous conversation i had to endure with my man...i was telling him all about how "one mustn't laugh in the face of Mr Bad Luck, because of.......(long list of items) when he turned to me and said "what on earth are you talking about, and in what relation is this and to what particular thing are you waffling on...", to which i couldn't reply, because it suddenly dawned on me that i have achieved over fifty posts on my little blog and they are all long ramblings of which i would have complete trouble recollecting.

is that just me, am i alone or are you all the same...when one week over takes another are you hard pushed to even recall the day or month anything happened in the past, or even why you were twitting on about in the first place...so now i have been faced with a panic that gripped me this morning as i munched through my highly nutritional breakfast...what if i start to repeat myself, or worst still, already have...

now i'm glancing up the page and realize i have broken the 'crafters blogging' rule that you are supposed to put lots of interesting pictures up, as we are visual people and do not require so much of the ramblings...oh dear and if i continue with what i originally set out to tell you, quite frankly i think we would be here until tomorrow...(brain cogs are turning...) the solution dear readers, i will give you all items in list form...short, sweet and to the point, plus throw in a few pics of 'dyed and dried' slips for good measure...

1. drove to Seattle, wearing slip over jeans with Elvis in my car...
2. no one laughed at my outfit, i love Seattle
3. hate driving on freeways, have to do breathing exercises but i lived to tell this tale, so i can't be that bad at it
4. have booted Mr Bad Luck out the door, although i did not laugh as i did it, didn't want to tempt fate again
5. before he left, he caused Mrs W. Machine to have some very 'off ' moments with the dying process this week, i didn't quite weep about it, but certainly lay down and did some very deep breathing exercises and now have some clever thinking to do
6. the gray hair is back after only two weeks and a day...damn, damn and more damning
7. received a box of pretty slips from a lovely lady, who contacted me and wondered if i could give her mother-in-law's slips a new life, as she had sadly passed away...yet another example of an 'angel in disguise'
8. still have not unearthed that 'cutting tool', crisis situation is coming to a head, i either suck it up and buy a new one or pull the studio apart
9. no, Miss S. Machine isn't any better today and yes, i realize i was a fool to think that a $140 machine could possible work like a pack horse day in and day out for years to come...i would like to trade her in for a Bernina, (gilfling has two, my friend Suzanne has three, i just want one please...this will fall on death ears, as my man does not read my 'ramblings') doesn't the
'trading in' bit sound cold and heartless...oh my god, i am turning into a sith!
10. here are some pretty pictures...




thank heavens it's Friday tomorrow ~ Tif

(not sure why though, cause it means i have five people around me, requiring feeding, loving and just general acknowledgement for a whole TWO days)

13 comments:

joshua said...

It's so nice for me to have found this blog of yours, it's so interesting. I sure hope and wish that you take courage enough to pay me a visit in my PALAVROSSAVRVS REX!, and plus get some surprise. My blog is also so cool!

Feel free off course to comment as you wish and remember: don't take it wrong, don't think that this visitation I make is a matter of more audiences for my own blogg. No. It's a matter of making universal, realy universal, all this question of bloggs, all the essential causes that bring us all together.

I think it's to UNITE MANKIND that we became bloggers! Don't see language as an obstacle. That's not the point. Pictures talk also. Open your heart and come along!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Can totally relate to the memory thing. Was having lunch with some girlfriends a couple of hours ago and one of them asked me what I'd done last weekend. Do you know, however much I tried I just couldn't remember!

dottie angel said...

so as i sleep dear readers, which of you has observed our new reader...

Hear Me Roar! said...

Tif, I too cannot remember what was SO important to me just 10 minutes ago that I was willing to engage in a long and wordy argument about it. What's more, I will still argue even if I don't remember why anymore. I will do this for hours. But I live with the sort of man who will come home from being out of town for a night, and traipse right off to go see some world famous comedian performing down the street. That's why I insist on living my life vicariously through you!

dottie angel said...

dear readers, it has become obvious that i cannot place 'chocolate spread' and 'ladies undergarments' in the same post...we focus on the 'can't remember a thing' bit and they focus on the other...

Kristy said...

Seriously Tif I can only imagine the google search hits you'll get from this post!Chocolate spread,ladies frillies,Elvis!!!All you need is rubber and you are all set. I was going to comment on something you wrote but it seems to have slipped my mind!xxx

Christine said...

Hello Tif, thanks for your lovely comments on my blog, as a new blogger, I worry about writing rambling posts, but then I just think, well, thats just me, i ramble on in 'real life' so why not do it in my blog!I love to read your posts because they are honest and about you, and they make me laugh! p.s. those slips look lovely hung up together, beautiful muted colours- I'm eagerly watching your shop for the perfect one for me. p.p.s. it certainly looks looks like perhaps chocolate spread + undergarments =bad idea! p.p.p.s see, even my comments are rambling!

gilfling said...

Ok first - those slips in the window are incredible!! The dye has brought out the lace beautifully. Hope your washing machine woes are shortlived.

2nd - what mossy stone have I been living under that I am in the UK and yet have not had chocolate spread since childhood???!!! And sorry for revealing my bernina love, I would trade in a heartbeat if I could.

I just have to mention how much I love the title of this post! I also get considerable deja vu when blogging and I tend to waffle ALOT.

Tracy x said...

now tif - you must not worry about this - i am the most scatter brained loon on this side of the pond - you are clearly my double (skinnier) version on your side. You were sent over there for a reason - to do good work for unloved slips.
since winding down my shop i too cannot remember which day it is, what conversation i have just had or what i wore yesterday - it is the reason that we are moving to the very NE of Scotland - a place where Stephen does not have to worry about my wardrobe being seen by so many people, that i will not try to kill so many friends with my cooking and above all else that i can ramble on, repeating myself for many happy years to come.
we both just have to accept it - it is OUR DESTINY.
on another note - hair dye is not made like it used to be or else the grey is becoming more powerful.....
and why oh why can i not read Portugese??
sleep tight
Tracy x

Gigibird said...

Fact – Hair grows faster in the summer months so it’s natural that your grey would show through faster.
I think it’s good that the man of your house has shown no interest in reading our blog – it means your boyfriend can leave you comments on how lovely you look with one of your slips over your jeans.
Buy another sewing machine.
Repeating yourself and forgetting what you are about to say – it’s an age thing.
Repeating yourself and forgetting what you are about to say – it’s an age thing.

Lori said...

The new reader is such an addition to the interesting aspect of your blog. :)

I love love love your ramblings! Your blog is the first one I read in the morning. I look forward to new posts. You have a great tone and I love that you can make fun of yourself but be so confident in the same light.

Ramble on my dear because we love it!

Carla said...

Lovely colors on the slips. Very summery.

amanda bel said...

This is making me laugh because my blog also gets hits from some rather "interesting" searches. My favorite one so far: "how to make oregano look like weed." Wouldn't THAT make for a great tutorial!