Friday, February 25

2011 handmade olympics celebration...

how terribly thrilling to find out moi, my granny knickers, you and your knick knacks of choice have nabbed ourselves not one but two medals in the peachy handmade olympics of 2011!!
one GOLD for fave thifty site and one SILVER for fave inspiring goodie


truly this is quite remarkable and such an occasion cannot pass without some kind of 'hurrah hooray' celebration thingy. have you noted it seems to be all we do these days 'hurrahing' there and 'hooraying' here, still it would be most 'non hurrahing and non hooraying' of me not to mention this moment of goodness.

so my dearest readers, it would appear along with the medals comes wonderful prizes in the way of gift certificates to peachy stores on Etsy. the generosity of these folks is amazing and so yesterday not only did i hear the peachy news of the results but also i have been given $250 worth of gift certificates!

as i mentioned before, in my athletic world, everyone is a winner and so i wish to pass these 'winnings' onto you my dearest readers, for without your voting kindness i would not have won.


i decided after some pondering to go back to my 'random button picker thingy' of tuesday and despite it's kinda pants way of picking i have found 5 lovely folks to gift these 5 lovely gifts to.
first button number was Sharon #48
i doubled it to get
the next button winner, which was Heather #96
this morning i roughly divided the remaining entrants after button #96 and found my winners that way. it was not a perfect division job by any means but i did the best my failing eyesight and scrolling abilities could manage without being driven to madness, so forgive me and my slightly inaccurate ways...

and so without further a do we have the winners of the handmade olympic gift certificates
so kindly given by these lovely etsy folks, whom i might add were more than delighted i should wish to pass these on, such is their niceness


and the 5 fabby winners are

maria (angel in the attic)

congratulations my dearies! i will be getting in touch shortly after i have let Little Olive and Used Dog out to play 'snow angels', giving you all the nitty gritty you need to claim your prizes.


of course i wish i could hand out prizes to each and everyone of you, however i hope you will be most happy to wear today's 'gold sticky star' complete with 'olympic champion' written by Little Olive and Used dog, who stayed up most late last night working on them.
yes some have letters missing as their little paws do have trouble holding a pencil, but it is the thought which counts.
please wear your gold stars with pride, i have placed mine upon my granny knickers, so when i go to the grocery store this afternoon, i will know underneath my 'everyday plain clothed in disguise ordinary folk' attire, an olympic gold and silver medalist is lurking... i suggest you do like wise :)

and with that, i must just say once again, a large thank you for your votes, for once again being most kind to me, for your lovely comments this past week and just for generally being the peachiest readers one could ask for.


she is hoping your weekend is full of goodness, a little bit of peachiness and indeed why not some peskiness, cause who doesn't love a bit of pesky in their lives ~ Tif

28 comments:

Carol said...

Hurrrrrray, hurrrrrrrrrah! well deserved medals, Tif, and typical of your generosity that you share with your friends.
Have a lovely weekend with Mr. Hooky and all your little bobbles, I'll be mailing soonest.
Carol xx

sylviesgarden said...

Oh my goodness, gracious. I can't believe it!
I'm off to skip down the street (in my pajamas).
x

Sharon Stanley said...

oh oh oh, you spread the goodness (like fun giveaway treats!) and it comes RIGHT back atcha! many congrats to the one i always check with for all things thrifty and yummy, and inspiring...well done you!

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Congratulations on your gold and silver medals, a true champion indeed!!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Vivienne x

daisy fleabane said...

do float around on a cloud of happiness, which you do deserve!

Arthur Ransome said...

Ooh, Tif - well done on all this Olympic greatness which you have had thrust upon you. And how kind of you to give your winnings away. Congratulations of the most spiffing kind. And love from Arthur xxx

alexkeller said...

congrats on your wins and so lovely of you to share your prizes, Tif!
so happy to help :)

Scented Sweetpeas said...

I saw your name appear on those awards, how fab! Huge congrats and it is so lovely of you to pass some of your winnings onto your readers, really gorgeous of you.

Rose said...

Congratulations!!! And how peachy of you to share your winnings!

Teresa Kasner said...

Dear Tif,
*C*O*N*G*R*A*T*U*L*A*T*I*O*N*S*!* on your Gold Medal! You'll always be a winner in my eyes. I love your sweet nature that comes across in your blog.

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. It meant a lot to me. I put up some gorge shots today.. hope you hop over.

Hugs, Teresa

Itchin' Stitchin' said...

YEAH!!! Congrats - you are well deserving of these awards. Here is to much thrifty goodness to come!

Katie Bee said...

I do think I just exploded with delight upon receiving your note in my etsy inbox. Thank you so very much for sharing such lovely prizes and for sharing your lovely life! You definitely deserved your gold and silver!

Anonymous said...

Its fun to win stuff but its funner just tomread your blog

Naturally Carol said...

Hi Tif..I cannot believe my 'surprised' eyes! This is the first thing I have ever won on a blog...and I am amazed at your generosity..'cos you were the real winner! Thank you and thank you again!! I am off to check my email..just in case you've sent one. Thank you!

soisses-dasleben said...

thank you for the lovely weekend-wishes :) nice pics like always.

Unknown said...

Yay, yippee doo, well done you. Well deserved and a cause for celebration indeed. Love that piece of pink bobble crochet. :) Liz

Little Blue Mouse said...

Congratulations on your success at the handmade olympics! How generous of you to share your winnings and I'm glad no buttons were harmed in the picking procedure.

By the way your hairstyle musings proved very useful the other day when watching TV. Someone shouted to someone else to get their bangs sorted out and I could explain to my husband that it meant her fringe, and not what he was thinking!

Pink Milk said...

A very well-deserved winner; you should absolutely wear your medals with peachy pride!

Hx

Maria said...

Congrats dear, you deserve it and gongrats to the winners of the button picking.Those pictures of you in action with the buttons are really funny.
Have a great weekend.
Maria

dottie angel said...

thank you my lovelies for such kindness in your comments :)
i am positively blushing in my shed whilst vacuuming dog hair

and little blue mouse! gosh you just made me laugh out loud with your tale, thank you my dear...

have a peachy sunday dearies

Yvonne Moxon said...

Well done Tif you did desrve it! and well done to all the winners too!
Yx

Selfsewn said...

Well done Ms Angel!!
You are a peach!

Is that the crochet you are unsure of?

Cuckoo said...

Hi!

Loving your bobble! I completed my bobble blanket a few weeks ago and have been murmuring about doing a tutorial for it but I had a baby on Wednesday and don't know if I'll manage it soon. I'll keep an eye on your place to see if you do one so I can let my friends on my blog know.

ps, love your world and have linked to it a few times now. You're also in my side bar which tells me when you've updated, I'm just hopeless at commenting, time is not managed well around here!!

Cuckoo said...

ps. baby brain in action, forgot to congratulate you. Very well deserved.

Gianna Caputo said...

i want to live in your blog :) sooooo cute and cozy.

dottie angel said...

thank you my lovelies!
and congratulations cuckoo, how wonderful indeed, brings back so many fond memories... take care of yourself and your little clan :)

Jill said...

A big congratulations to you! I'm sure everyone else was like me...clamoring to vote because you are so much fun! And, btw, I did not even catch that you had written "modge" instead of "mod" and I use the stuff all the time. I must think "modge" too.

Anonymous said...

If by bobbles being inside out (like you said on Tales from Cukoo Land), you mean they have gone on to the wrong side, I think you just poke them through and it's normal for them to do this. If you mean something else entirely, then I haven't got any idea's.