Tuesday, January 12

getting sweaty with Miss Ethel...

me and Miss Ethel have been getting reacquainted


our new year resolution is 'little and often', thus she just works up a nice glow and i can stand straight by the end of the day.
none of this three days in a row stuff, eight straight hours, sweating it out in a frantic frenzy of creativity, leaving her dripping and me with back issues of the worst kind.
as you may recall my sewing table was commandeered for the kitchen over the christmas break. i have now wheeled it back round the corner into my sewing knook, making myself and Miss Ethel much happier, but of course making the rest of my clan not so.
"excuse me, did you say sewing knook, Tif?" i hear you interrupt.
why yes i did dearest readers, i did say the words "sewing knook" for that is what i have now, a sewing knook, thanks to my mother.

on the last evening before my folks departure, dec 28th to be precise we got to work on sorting through all my stashes of vintage doilies and lace.
it was quite the task as i have been most good at squirreling it all away over the past two years of living at mossy shed. my mother took it in her stride as mother's do and before i knew it, my cupboards and jars had sorted piles relevant to size, length, use etc.
then we got to work shifting my cupboards from one wall to the next so that my sewing table could be accommodated in the same area. actually we got to work pointing and advising my dad and my man as to where we wished the cupboards to go.
it has all worked out a treat, (except for the bit about no one having somewhere to sit in the kitchen knook) allowing for the sofa to stay under the window for the winter months...

after my folks left i added a few tear outs of inspiration to the wall above Miss Ethel, i came across them as i was ripping out pages from magazines for wrapping my etsy sells, as and when they happen. all of the pictures i taped up, spoke to me because of their color, each image stopped me in my page flipping tearing tracks and made my heart lurch.


little pieces of artwork in their own right...

and so i am pleased to announce, after my sewing knook makeover, that i will be adding new wares to my little store next week. i hope to have a few garlands, a couple of apron wraps and then a few new things i've been working on, that make me giddy just thinking about them.
i'm also pleased to announce
(can you see me, standing on a stool with my loud speaker in hand, doing my announcing to the chickens in the yard, whom appear to be most interested i might add, just incase anyone was in fact yawning by this point)
my new labels have turned up. i'm rather happy with them... and yes before anyone points it out they look exactly like the last lot of labels i had, but may i point out the lettering is in fact 'bright' and not 'dull' colored like the last lot.


yes! that is the new me, the 'non color fearing Tif', who has made big giant colorful stepped progress in embracing color by ordering labels with greeny/teal lettering...

she is thinking labels today, perhaps a piece of attire tomorrow... there can be 'no knowing' with her new found 'color loving' wild self ~ Tif

19 comments:

Lola Nova said...

Little gasps of delight and oohs of admiration could be heard coming from my spot in front of the computer as I read your post. All is looking divine and inspirational, what a wonderful place to work, spend some quality time with miss ethel, and create dottie angel goodness. I would very much like to come for tea and sit in your knook and chat about the light that falls so nicely across the floor.

Enjoy your pretty spot and have a lovely afternoon.

Jennifer said...

Yay for getting a sewing nook, it looks great. Your labels are fantastic, so bright and cheery.

Debbie said...

I love your home...

Vic said...

Loving your new labels, and your crafty knook - here's to much creating going on over there!

Jasmine said...

Oh, your studio is so gorgeous. I'm desperate for studio space.

Anonymous said...

How did I find your site? I can't even remember although I know it was only days ago. I do love it though. Then I realized you were a fellow Brit and it made even more sense.

GerryART said...

Your sewing knook looks very tidy.

Veronica said...

I adore your sewing nook! It looks wonderful and ready for whatever creations might be in store. Enjoy having a space of your own!!!

Katie said...

I'm so jealous for your sewing nook and well, your decor in general lol. I've just found your blog but am now an avid follower, thankyou for letting me into your life :)

Drewzel said...

That teal is my fave colour ever! Love the new labels and your sewing nook! :)

Callie Grayson said...

Can't wait to see what will be new in your shop! Love all your special items.
xx
callie

Kate said...

love your blog! so much so I wrote you a little note on my blog - very jealous of your sewing knook, but totally inspired!

http://www.flufflefritz.com/2010/01/i-heart-you-dottie-angel.html

Kate
www.flufflefritz.com

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Excellent makeover...I just love the space. Time to create!

Tara said...

Your workspace is soooo gorgeous! I long for the day to have a space to call my own and fill with lovely furnishings and colors.

Bravo on embracing color ~ it is a beautiful thing!

Anonymous said...

I love your sewing knook, we all need a little space to sew!

Anna said...

I just found your blog
I love your vintage style
I like to use some of your photo's on my blog please! with a link back to yours of course,
if thats oke with you?
you can find me here...it's in dutch but I do have a translate button.
xxx Anna xxx

http://artfulldelight.blogspot.com/

andrea said...

Love the teal colored tags- don't be afraid ;)

L Melohn said...

Love the new labels!

dottie angel said...

thank you my dearies... i have to tell you my sewing space does not look this lovely and neat after yesterday, but i'm thinking that's a good thing :)

anna, you are most welcome to use my pictures upon your blog with links, i thank you for asking me...

off to start the day