Thursday, November 12

me, florence nightingale and some little blue clogs...

"excuse me, do you work at the hospital?" the nice lady next to me in the grocery line enquired
"ummm... no sorry, i don't"
(as soon as the words left my mouth, i wondered why i would say sorry, what a twit, Tif)
"oh, that's strange, you look like someone who does" and she smiled
"oh thank you" i replied "i'm so happy to know i look like i could be one of those lovely people that work in a hospital" and smiled back at her, all the time thinking in my head, why would i say what i just said.
once again... a twit.

on returning to the shed, with a few 'useless' items of groceries in hand and nothing resembling the makings of a dinner of any interest, i glanced into a passing mirror...
silly me! of course, i have been so busy beavering away in my studio the past few days i had forgotten to remove my florence nightingale attire.
how perfectly understandable that the nice lady should mistake me for 'the caring sort'.

later that night after feeding the clan a 'concoction of disaster' for dinner, i sat in my studio between chauffeur runs and decided that tomorrow's little shop update will be the last one until after thanksgiving. where upon i will do one more update, the week of Dec 3rd and then i will be done. i am most pleased i have popped new goodies in the store for three weeks in a row but the truth be told i'm a little weary...


the elves miraculously (because don't forget 'tis the season for miracles) have been pulling their weight with little pots of paint and mini brushes. i have left out notes as to what 'forsaken soul' is to be what color.
they obviously cannot, (or as i suspect), chose not to read my writing and just do as they please, but as i don't pay them anything other than left over 'what is it' scraps from the dinner table i can't really put any objections in.


i would be most delighted if you joined me in my little store tomorrow morning, say around 10:30ish pacific time. i'll be there with used dog and little olive underfoot, pottering around placing little vignettes here and there,
stringing several 'whatnot' vintage garlands with the wise words
'wake up and love me'
and one for the holidays
'gleeful and goodly'.
wooden dishes accompanied by vintage knitting needles and button cards,
lovely candle holders in perfect teal with their doilies,
and i will also have a stool to put out
i'm rather in love with this stool...



the sweetie has been in several of my pictures but i recently gave her a makeover and am rather pleased with the results...

but there will not however be any little wooden clogs,


for they have stolen my heart and so
i said they could stay

do pop by and say hello, just perhaps a little browse, no need to buy... it will be lovely to have a bit of company, being a soul proprietor can be a little lonely at times.
and then i thought it most nice if we met back at my place afterwards for a cup of tea and a chat, for i have something i wish to say to you dearest readers...
("ooh, she's a canny one that Tif, leaving us with a cliff hanger again" i hear you cry)

the clouds have parted, the sun is peeking through and it's 'watch the birdie' time, to capture her 'wares' in all their glory ~ Tif

19 comments:

suezybees said...

Lovely!

Anonymous said...

hi, tif.

i am fairly new to your blog and need to say how very much i enjoy your creative words and projects! i could spend all day looking at those images of your projects and mossy shed (because they are lovely in their own right and they inspire me to improve my own little home) - but my boss wouldn't like that so i will try to be at a computer around 10:30, your time, tomorrow. :)

thanks for sharing.

kathy

Anonymous said...

oh, yeah - tif, if you decide those blue clogs need a new home, could i have first dibs, please? thanks. :)

Pomona said...

It would have been nice to see you in your Florence Nightingale outfit - my mind is boggling, and running on crinolines and starched pinnies, but then in American hospitals don't they wear pyjamas and Crocs? I am hoping that you might put me out of my pain, in a truly Lady of the Lamp sort of way.

And I found that the answer to supper issues was to appoint my husband as Head Chef - perhaps you could try that? Or if not, possibly one of the children - they usually enjoy cooking, I find.

Pomona x

Bee Designs said...

Apologising for not being who someone thinks you are is so British, I do it far too often.
I have no idea what time 10.30 pacific time is here in the UK but I will try and be around to see the excitement, although I just wish i could join you for that cuppa you talk about afterwards, enjoy.

dottie angel said...

ah, well pomona, if we waited for my man to arrive home to feed us, we would all be rather dizzy with hunger... his hours do not allow for kitchen activities mid week...
but it's a good idea and one i would readily embrace if at all possibly...

bee designs, i truly am a brit through and through, just happen to be residing stateside for the time being. if you are on english soil then you are 8 hours ahead of me :)
hope that helps somewhat, so chances are you will be in your pj's when we all gather back here for a chat, which is just fine with me :)

chloejessica said...

Every time I go to your shop the garlands are sold! I do love them tho! One day maybe I will have one! I can't wait to see the update! :)

Luisa said...

I would love to come to your 'store' at this time, but I may just be asleep...I am glad you are doing well with your delicious garlands.

Leah said...

Im very interested in what you have installed? Love the clogs.

Unknown said...

I too serve "concoctions of disaster"!! please do share your recipe!

are you not putting in any of you fab note cards.....sigh...
i have a new strategy to try to get the payment thing to work.... sigh....

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

Just found your blog..and I am hooked...adorable, really it is.

I'll be reading you this weekend....

Best,
kary

Jody McDowell said...

WOW that little stool is so adorable! i love it!

dottie angel said...

e ann,
i hope to get a few more sets made and in the shop over the next week, not part of thee 'update' of such, just a trickling of notecards and tags when and as i can get them 'stuck and sewn' :)

Good Girls Studio said...

your garlands are delightful!IT's so cozy over here, I'm so glad I found you!

Tania said...

I cannot, for the life of me, comprehend why it has taken me thirty eight and two third years to understand that clogs hanging on the wall would be the most perfect knitting needle holder-er.

dottie angel said...

tania, do not worry my dear, it took me 41 and a little bit years to figure it out and even then it was down to one of those 'epiphany' moments i keep getting.

it's almost worth being 40 something, just to have them :)

stephanie renee said...

your blog is beautiful!

Elissa said...

oh, i am just SMILING and sitting here adoring your doilies and pictures and figures and words. your blog is a cliff hanger, even without the cliff hangers, if that makes any sense. which, as it's coming from me, it probably doesn't. looking forward....

iva yaneva said...

Your home is beautiful and full of curiosities! :)