Wednesday, September 17

wednesday, thirtysomething...

i am on my own for the first day in 'yonks'...our #2 has recovered and is back at school, she didn't look too great when she left this morning...i have a feeling she is still sick but would rather go to school then stay home with her mum. i don't think it is anything personal, just a survival thing, i surpassed myself yesterday on the old 'culinary' front when making her lunch...


luckily i didn't make a mess of the peg bag...it seems to have worked out fine, i can't tell you how i made it because i often just figure these things out as i go along. however i can tell you that now i 'step back' and examine it, i see that the pink doily and button, resemble a 'nipple'.
now that i see it, i can't stop 'seeing it'...
i shall add a few more buttons in a day or two and with a bit of luck it will help to disguise my 'nipple' dilemma...

and so on this last 'wednesday of youth' i shall put aside feelings of panic knowing that my 'birthday do' is only two days away and i am not at all organized (i believe the magazine did know what it was talking about after all)...
i am trying hard here to recall (my memory is not what it was...darn the aging process) if i have ever actually thrown a birthday party for myself or anyone else for that matter...to calm my nerves i have been busy with the old crochet hook...


oh how i love crochet, i can not believe that i waited 38 years to learn it...

she's off to enjoy a little of the sunshine before the herd comes home ~ Tif

10 comments:

Hear Me Roar! said...

I'm pretty sure that even if I didn't know you, you'd still be my favorite blogger of all time... but I have to admit that I was a little shocked and a teensy bit frightened when I saw that there was a link to a picture hiding underneath the word 'nipple'. I was a little hesitant to click on it, but I was grateful to see that there was nothing the least bit risque for me to see. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Lovely bag. And the nipple thing is funny!

Anonymous said...

I'm cracking up - I never 'saw' the 'nipple' until you mentioned it. The peg bag is adorable, but now that I see it, I can't stop seeing it! :P Oh, that was a good laugh!

I tried knitting, and sort of liked it. It just took too long, which I know that's the way for a beginner, but I lost patience. I wonder if crocheting is any faster? I've always wanted to try it, I love anything crocheted.

RetroLeeTX said...

Love the peg bag - and Yes, afraid so, it does resemble a nipple - ha. I wouldn't say hanging laundry out to dry in my neighborhood would be looked upon very kindly either. My hubby would NEVER allow such a thing anyway! Horror of all horrors, I know. Maybe someday I'll live in a place that "allows" me to hang my undies in the sunshine.

Francesca said...

tif, your 'lunch' made laugh out loud. too funny.
i am now 35. i thought i was going to have some kind of breakdown but it all went swimmingly. lovely crochet.

Michelle said...

now you told me i see it too and the whole neckline thing makes it hard not to.
but i do love it and if it was for a "grown up" i would say, way to go.
happy last thirty something wednesday...

Kristy said...

It's funny as the pre-peg bag doily etc yesterday looked like a bike to me.Now I can see your nipple too!

Anonymous said...

Please, please, please add a matching doilie and button nip to the peg bag - not only will you be spreading the washing-line undies tradition but also making a fine positive body image statement - Behold the underpinnings! Viva the free-range boobies! Hurrah!

E (I want one with tassels on)

p.s. you stole my signature dish - however your minimalist nouvelle cuisine setting is awesome.

Anonymous said...

... and if they make it into the shop I vote for them being called a Peekaboo Peg Bag. Saucypots!

E

Diane said...

I've got to admit, I too was reluctant to click on that "nipple" link. After all, a woman who shamelessly lets her bloomers flap in the breeze would have no scruples about baring her chest for a photo op! The pin bag is charming, as are you.