first i must be sure to thank you all for your lovely comments on the 'yellow house'...i really do enjoy reading all the things you have to say and i especially enjoy it when a reader "delurks"!!
and so a few days have passed since we last spoke, i am knee high in mayhem. it was somewhere between reading Violette Crumble's "moving" posts and inhaling too many fumes from the "adhesive sticker residue remover" required on our #4's windowpane that it occurred to me that we must all have our little tales of "moving madness"...and so dear readers i feel a competition coming on.
i have up for grabs a 'little number' that did not get packed away with the rest of my studio...
if you fancy a chance at winning this large cushion cover (i say cover because the cushion pad weighs a ton and isn't very good for mailing....) it measures 20" x 20" and is made of linen with appliqued frayed patches of bird fabric...
all you have to do is share your "moving horror" or "moving funny" or even "moving sad" story...the one i like the most will win...no drawings out of the bowl this time, it is purely down to whose little 'tale of woe' that i like the most..
to get the old ball rolling we will have a little look at Tif's current "moving story" and as i like lists, let's do it that way...
1. Tif finds a "yellow house" that requires an awful lot of work to make it a home, but it has three acres, an outbuilding for a studio, room for chickens and a goat, plus an airstream.
2. Tif persuades her family that they have always wanted to live in a house just like this.
3. Tif then sets about packing up all her worldly possessions so it looks like they have never lived in their home for seven years.
4. Tif does this before she has even tried to buy the "yellow house" because she can only put an offer in if her house is ready to sell.
5. Tif now has most of her things piled high in her garage and is keeping her fingers and toes crossed that the offer she puts in tomorrow will be accepted.
6. Tif is now painting the inside of her current home, cleaning windows and carpets in the vain hope that someone will want to buy it very quickly.
7. Tif is not reading or listening to any information that tells her the housing market in America is crumbling.
8. Tif is barking mad.
see it's easy to have a ridiculous "moving story"...for all you readers not from the USA that are confused, in a nut shell, to sell my house it must be spic and span and have no personality and show no 'sign of life' before i can put it up for sale...that just seems to be the way here. (i believe the true madness of this tale is the fact that i am trying to buy a house that has not been done up to be sold, even though i have to...still confused, don't worry you are not alone). so if you could all keep your fingers and toes crossed for me in the next few days i would really appreciate it...and if things go well then all this 'boxing up our lives' over the past few weeks will be worth it...
looking forward to hearing your stories...let's leave this competition open until Mon 27th by which time i will either be weeping into my cup of tea and dragging boxes back in from the garage, or hopefully getting ready to list my house..
sharing photos of cleared out studio very soon ~ Tif