Sunday, December 4

on the 2nd day of joyfulness...

dottie angel shared with me
happy hangers of joyfulness
(skill level : easy peasy lemon squeezy)


ah yes, there will be quite a lot of dingly dangly and clustering going on over the next few days, for i do like myself some dingly dangly clustery goodness. this little 'how-to' is as easy peasy as 1,2,3, yes sometimes those are the besty type of all

i do think 'small beings' would greatly enjoy making them. especially if they have taken time to make their own handmade decorations, this would be the perfect way to display their 'joyful' handiwork, perhaps pinned above their beds so they may gaze upon their happy hanger before falling asleep.

ingredients:
* a wooden hanger
(or one who happens to have a coat of crochet)
* fabric strips in happy colours
* bit of lace
* mod podge or needle and thread
* dingly dangly ornaments from your gleeful box
(or handmade lovelies made by 'small beings')

recipe:
1. take your wooden hanger and with strips of fabric start wrapping around the wood. you can keep things in place by using a bit of mod podge on the ends of your strips, or you can use a needle and thread to do a few quick stitches. add a bit of lace to the proceedings, if you so feel inclined.
 if your wooden hanger has a coat of crochet already, you may wish to wrap a bit of fabric around its metal hook, this is easily secured with a knot around the base of the hook



2. start dingly danglying ornaments from your box of glee, you may have to think about balance here, no good hanging a very giant dingly dangly on one side unless you have another to balance it out. this way your hanger will stay straight and things won't fall off one end the moment you hang it up.


3. once your hanger is filled with joyful ornaments, take a look around your nest for a lonely bit of wall, put a pin in it and hang your little hanger of joy, step back, decide if it needs a friend, if so keep on making more.


and voila! easy peasy lemon squeezy


inspiration : 
from a love of covered wooden hangers and needing an excuse to pin them to the wall

day 3 of joyfulness coming monday ~ Tif 


21 comments:

Deb Robertson Writes said...

Oh yay! I have three little beings stuck to my wall with washi tape, they need a prettified home like this. Hurrah! The doilies for my next Dottie Angel table runner are lolling about in the washing machine as I speak!

Vic said...

G - Gorgeous
E - Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy
N - Nice isn't a strong enough word
I - I'm stuck on this one...
U - Utterly adorable
S - S'ank you very much! ;)

2SewRetro said...

Yay! I just so happen to have some wooden hangers and bits of bare wall. I will have to make a couple to decorate for the holiday! By the way, Tif, your home is absolutely lovey. :)

Jaclyn Trecartin said...

Loving this! I just decorated with white curling ribbon and vintage shabby ornaments for a cozy look the other day. I love Christmas ornamentation! (on the blog if you care to see)

--Jaclyn T
TrickArt: Nature Eclectic
http://www.etsy.com/shop/trickart jewellery
http://www.positiveponderings.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

This is absolutely adorable. Kiddo will definitely get a kick out of making these... he's totally into decorating this year. Awesome.

Vintage Market Place said...

ohhh these are just tooo cute for words
Amy

Sloppop Yeah said...

tif, lovely! <3

Donna -Little Tiny Stitches said...

Thankyou most kindly dear Tif :o)

I shall definitely be dingly-dangling before Christmas :o)

Your's look totally gorgeous on your wall :o)

Have a great day my lovely.
xx

at-the-attic said...

You always make me smile...
thank you ♥


Regards from Scotland

Alicja

Selfsewn said...

Simply divine dottie!

Little Blue Mouse said...

What a truly wonderful result for something so easy peasy!

silly old suitcase said...

Oh Oh Oh!...i have no time to make that incredible beautiful table runner...but i couldn't resist making those 'happy hangers'...so i did...hope you like them...?

thank you so much for sharing and i can't wait to see what's up and coming on the other 10 days :-)

xx

Lotti said...

They are so cute and how nice ... something different which I love

Little Dotty Bird said...

fabulous and simple...i love it! x

Planet Fur said...

Dear Tif, I love to read your Christmas ramblings, it's such a cozy time of the year! I discovered that fickle Blogger never published my well-wishes for Used Dog, so I hereby wish him and all inhabitants of Mossy Shed the best of the best, hope he'll soon be his happy wag-his-tail self again!

jane said...

love these and I'm feeling very inspired...need to put a day aside, I shall write on my calendar 'christmas craftings with dottie angel day' :) x x x x

Unknown said...

aahhh what a beautiful idea ;-)) dee x

Liz said...

I love those - I hope it's ok that I've pinterested them.

Carol said...

Looks great! Now where are those crochet covered coathangers.... there they are.......throws clothes on floor......
Carol xx

dottie angel said...

ha! you are most kind :)

silly old suitcase, perfectly fabby happy hangers my dear! love them :)

Marlous, you are so sweet, many thank yous indeed :)

i do think these lend themselves quite nicely to any time of the year just dingly dangling your favourite treasures for display...

Tanya said...

I love these, and great for limited 'hangers'/ hooks on walls. I'm up for making a few of these I reckon. Thanks