Tuesday, December 13

on the 10th day of joyfulness...

dottie angel shared with me
three crafty souls of joyfulness
(skill level : all levels)

for the 10th day i thought it might be quite jolly to share three crafty souls who are most peachy. each of them very different in their own styles, each of them most gifted in their talents and each of them with books filled with crafty goodness.
most worthy of a wish list or two.

crafty soul number one:
Janet Clare

i have known the lovely Janet Clare for quite the while and i have been delighted to see over the past few years how her talents have been recognized and she travels all over old blighty teaching and showing her quilts. Janet has had a book inside of her for some time and i am most happy this is the year she managed to make that book a reality. i love that Janet not only wrote a book full of wonderful projects but in the back, she gives the nitty gritty on how she crafts, many templates and also brilliant close up photos of embroidery stitches and appliqueing. if you love quilting and applique and love a bit of nostalgia mixed in, then this book would be right up your street


~ a week full of quilts for a girl and her dog ~
projects from monday through to sunday

*****************************************

crafty soul number two:
Eline Pellinkhof

Eline is really a wonderful crafty soul and her book truly captures her love for making and crafting. i have to tell you, i fell in love with the world of Eline when i came across her 'cross stitched' wall art. i gasped thee gasp and needed to know more. Eline's crafty book is written in dutch, however i spent quite the while studying in details the pictures and came away totally inspired (inspiration from one such project is day 12 of joyfulness). i am tres delighted to say Eline's book has been so well received they will be printing an english version in June 2012, "hurrah hooray" is what i say. best of all, the projects may appear winter based, but with a tweak of colour and a twist of fabric they could easily be adapted for any time of the year


~ homedecoraties om zelf te maken ~
(home decorations you can make yourself)
(as told to me by Terry Translator)
53 projects and recipes

**************************************************

crafty soul number three:
Pip Lincolne

Pip and i share a love of the three C's. crafting, crocheting and clogs. i think it true to say we also share a love of crafting for the pure joy of it. i'm a huge admirer of Pip and her crafty soul, she inspires crafters across the globe with her happy joyful crafty soul, generous spirit and i admire anyone who says they do not care what others may think of what they make or the colours that they choose. i think at times when i am fretting about my yarn colour choices i need to channel my inner Pip and fret not. Pip has quite a few books out and i believe more on the go. her recent one when i saw the cover just made me smile, it made my little crafty soul warm up and wish to get busy. that is what i love about Pip and her books. they make me feel its okay to have a love affair with stickyback plastic and twigs. yes, this is the book for you, if you love happy, jolly crafting.


~ while the sun shines ~
25 crafty projects and recipes

and there we have it, three perfectly peachy crafty souls for a bit of joyfulness on day 10 ~ Tif

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just looking at Eline's at home book a few days ago, when I found her by accident. I thought it looked lovely and was prepared to buy it in dutch. I use books as inspiration as well as to follow the instructions so as long as it has pretty pictures, then it is fine by me. Now, that you have very usefully told us that it will be in English next year I will wait. Thanks!

I love the other books too. Especially the first one. Perhaps it can be a Christmas present!
Sara

tichtach said...

Thanks for sharing your love! And you convinced me: I NEED to get som Pip books - to ensure pink clouds for rainy days

Donna -Little Tiny Stitches said...

OOooo, these all look fab! I think my favourite (am I allowed a favourite? lol) one is the one by Eline Pellinkhof. I will try and get that next summer, as long as I remember...it looks like she has quite an eclectic sort of style like you :o)
But then again, I think the pictures just might do it whether in Dutch or English as they look so fab!

I am wearing my gold sticky sticker with pride :o)
Have a splendid day my dear,
Take care,
Love Donna xx

at-the-attic said...

beautiful inspiration Tif :-)

The fabric of my life said...

Ohhhh how lovely, 2 of these books I didn't know about (I have Pip's already!). Thank you for sharing Tif. I am enjoying reading your book so much that I had to get out of bed at midnight to order it for my friend for Christmas as it is just so perfect for her x

two bones and a bagle said...

Hi great books. I especially love the Janet Clare one. It is full of great ideas and beautiful 'stuff'. If anyone is interested Janet is running a workshop at hope&elvis in the UK. Hope i am allowed to say that Louise who is the proprietor is a really good pal of mine. I will also look out for the other two books. I DO so love a crafty book or two. TTFN. Oh and btw I have finnished my table runner and have also lacied up some jars will have to post piccies on my blog soon. I keep checking in for your makes - I love them ALL - thanks so much for sharing.

dottie angel said...

hurrah indeed! i saw Janet was doing a teaching class at Hope and Elvis, i am quite sure Louise would be most happy you mentioned it... here's a nice link to all the spring workshops just released

http://hopeandelvis.com/workshops.html

many thanks my dears for your lovely kind comments on these peachy crafty souls and their spiffy books :)

donna, i see you sparkling from way across the pond my dear!

allie'peachy'jane said...

Ohh pip, I do like to read a bit of Pip. To me she is the ulimate retro craftista!!!!! I have all her books and I never get sick of looking at them!!!! Us retro gals need to stay together!!!!!

Gozi and Pop said...

I was so excited when I read your post about Pip as she is very well known here in my home town of Melbourne. I agree wholeheartedly with what you said. Craft rules!!
And I feel so lucky and priveleged at this time of my life to be able to connect with everyone all around the globe.

janet clare said...

what a lovely surprise Tif! thank you for including my little book in your joyfulness!

eline pellinkhof said...

Tif, thank you so much for this!! What a surprise to find my book in your Christmas special. I'm so happy. And I wrote a little something about it on my blog of course. Thanks again my dear Tif! X E

dottie angel said...

janet and eline, you are most welcome my fine and dandy crafty souls :)

carolina, its like an advent isn't it! i have no idea what to expect and today i have a pretty joyful candle. you are most talented my dear with your comments, many thanks :)

ah yes, i knew i would not be alone with my love of Pip :)

Leonie said...

It's so funny, I understand the second book, because I'm Dutch. When I saw it on your blog I thought: what? Can Tif read Dutch?Haha! ;-) But i like your inspiration books Tif! xxx Leonie

kidsdinge said...

so much inspiration

Tanya said...

Love it! Make hey while the sun shines, I grew up on a farm and that term was used a lot !!!