Wednesday, November 17

a few gleeful re-runs...


with my folks staying at the shed for the next two weeks i am going to take a little time off. it will be lovely to spend quality time with them, doing what we do best, my mum knitting, my dad reading and moi, crocheting. actually i won't be doing a lot of that, for i have hand stitching that needs to be stitched for the book. whatever we will be doing you can be assured, we will be doing it together, pottling here and pottling there...

before i head off to do some pottling, i wished to share a few 're-runs' of some gleefulness i showed last year. some of you will recall them, and perhaps some of you are new to this neck of the woods and therefore cannot recall because you were in another part of the woods last year. either way, a little bit of repeated glee is okay with me


gleeful repeat #1: my fabby favorite all time cluster of glee. now technically this was a repeat last year, but i can't help myself, i love this little cluster even years after making it, so as long as i am 'a rambling' then i will be 'a repeating' this sweetie


gleeful repeat #2: a little easy peasy gleefully gleey garland easily changed out for felted sweater pieces or knitted pieces. whilst 'a mentioning' felted sweaters, may i be so bold as to say upon my return i will be sharing what i did with a few leftover bits of a cream woolly thrift store sweater. once again it is the easiest peasiest how-to, suited to children and folks like myself who like to squeeze in making gleeful decorations into small pockets of spare time. if that sounds of interest, do be on the lookout for a woolly cream sweater that is crying out to be boiled and then snippity snipped


gleeful repeat #3: a nice little tutorial on a 'whatnot' holiday garland. i was positively delighted with the whatnot garlands dearest readers made after this little how-to last year. it truly warmed my gleeful heart which was most perfect as the shed is known for it chilly ways in the winter months.


gleeful repeat #4: a 'whatnot gleeful' christmas tree... it was a little controversial in the shed last year, but all in all, the clan did admit it was a pretty spiffy tree. for those of you on your handcrafted, secondhand year i am guessing you are already thinking about the tree! Our #4 asked the question in september "are we having that painted dead twig in a bucket again this year?" his voice doing a crappity crap job at masking his concern


gleeful repeat #5: this one you must save until December 1st. for it is a tale of the miracle that came to pass last year at mossy shed. one that will warm your gleeful heart so it matches mine and then we will match with our warmed gleeful hearts which i think is quite nice and matchy and warm.

so there we have it dearest readers, for those that will be celebrating Thanksgiving next week, i wish you the peachiest of holidays. i will be in my shed with my folks and clan, finding myself another year on, once again being most thankful for many things including the life i have and the kindness that you continue to show me here on my shiny place

she is wishing you plenty of gleeful crafting time and will be back on dec 3rd with her felted sweater... counting down, not just to Christmas but to Our #1 returning home for the holidays ~ Tif

38 comments:

Sharon Stanley said...

enjoy your time off my little bloggy friend. i can't wait to re-read all the gleefulness, and will space my visits out so as not to feel too sad at your absence...happy thanksgiving to all at moss shed from all at farm and fru fru

ale said...

everything so lovely!!!!! besos!!

Tonia said...

There is nothing better on dark Blighty nights than a gleeful re-run or few! Lordy have just realised that makes it almost a year since I stumbled upon your blog: the time has indeed flown whilst I had fun!

Anonymous said...

Delightful as always Tif, have a great Thanksgiving with all your family!! :)
Vivienne x

Vickie said...

Dear Tif,

You will be missed....

Vickie in Seattle

Little Blue Mouse said...

Oh no, two whole weeks without you! I've only recently found your blog and I always look forward to reading it.
This is a brilliant post but I couldn't wait until December 1st to read of the miracle. Superb!
I will miss your gleefulness, have a good time with your family.

Naturally Carol said...

Just wishing you the best of times ever with your parents Tif...thanks for all the gleeful goodness too!

ZIZO label said...

so many ideas...so lovely. I'll be on the lookout for a woolly sweater! Thanks for sharing and making me smile...

MarmaladeRose said...

Whishing you whatever it is one wishes for Thanksgiving. Enjoy your shiny family time together.

I shall start boiling my woollies at once!

love fi x

britt said...

again, wishing you fun with the family! looking forward to your return already.

My Handmadehappiness said...

Hello there, just wanted to say have a good couple of weeks plotting with your nearest & dearest... And thanx for the gleey garland I shall be making something similar as I have so much red and green lace to use up thanx once again for the inspiration xoxo

Carol said...

I'm going to ration my reading of your post so I can enjoy it over several days.
When I saw your gleeful bundle I thought isn't that just serendipitiously wonderful. Would you believe I have just been winding some wool and said to hubby "do you know these balls of wool are like little works of art" and there they are - your litle works of art!
See you after your wonderful family time in the shed.
Carol xx

Anonymous said...

Wishing you a sweet and wonderful day with your folks. It's the perfect plan with loving all around.

Best to you and yours,
Elise x

Francesca said...

enjoy the time with your folks tif. i do love that ball of wool hangy thingy. x

liz said...

Absolutely charming. I am full of "glee" after your writings. Have a super time with your loved ones. :)

bonne said...

so happy to find this beautiful blog! love your crochet and fabric works. its so warm to visit your blog!

Momichka said...

Tif, everything you make has its own character. I love your cluster of glee - it is perfection!
Can't wait for you new post.
Best,

Marija

tifanie said...

omg i love that story about the "dead twig in a buck" lol! that made me laugh out loud. our artificial tree died last year FINALLY after too many healthy long years of being set up and then dragged down to the basement to take up all our storage space and my husband and i had truly had it, at that point, with trees so tall they scrape the paint off the ceiling sooo this year we went with a reasonably sized modern bottle brush tree (i got out-voted on the handmade tree idea...) that comes up to our necks and takes under 5 minutes to assemble and my kids were like, "really? you've got to be kidding..." but i LOVE it. i'm was tired of living in "the (xmas) box". happy decorating! :::

lyzi said...

I have featured you on my blog, http://littlebeinglittle.blogspot.com/2010/11/follow-friday-2.html I hope this is okay :) have a nice weekend xx

Caterina Giglio said...

enjoy...

Michelle said...

Oh Tif your scaring me now...
I am totally not organized for a gleeful season...
Hope your family enjoy there time at Mossy Shed...full of orange meals...
lol...

~ Junkyard Jennifer said...

Have a fabulous time with your mom & dad! Enjoy your blogging break and have a very Happy Thanksgiving!

My mom and all of my sisters recently paid me a visit and it was the best time ever. I wish the same for you!

Loved your gleeful re-runs. :)

~ Jennifer

Melissa said...

i am new-ish here- & i love it all- all the *things that are glee-ful* in your world....

have a wonderful time with your folks...mine arrive from australia to this english countryside we have made home in 5 more sleeps....yep the kiddos & I am counting!!

Bet you have been too!!

Melissa xx

p.s- I adore your blog!

damocamelia said...

hello Tif' !
I heard about your Utmost second-hand Challenge last night... and decided to join !
starting tomorrow morning and until november 21st 2011.

Thanks for this wonderful idea...

and congrats for your beautiful blog.

regards

lunefantasy said...

it's a new to begin a new challenge ....
So if you want a little french moon with a lot of fantasy....
It's my frist day for handcrafted and secondhand...

and when i see all your beautifuls things, which make your world, I'm so happy to do it

cove garden said...

Oh Tiff, how I LOVE all you do that nativity scene is no exception.

Lynda
www.covetgarden.com

dottie angel said...

thank you my dearies for your lovely well wishes! happy thanksgiving :)

Joyeful said...

and gleeful I am to find such a wonderful place full of much loveliness!! It has been heaven scrolling through your photos and reading your how-tos and what-nots! You, my dear, have been just the inspiration I needed to wake up my groggy sleep-deprived-new-mommy-for-the-fourth-time mind! So many ideas are swirling in my head and I can't wait to get caught up in another crafting whirlwind.

So, thank you and do have a happy Thanksgiving!

pea said...

Absolutly amazing blog, I LOVE your style, you are my most favourite!Greetings from Czech...

glam.spoon said...

I do love to visit your shiny place from time to time. especially at times like right now when Seattle is buried in snow and the bitter cold in the air makes my fingers move slowly. It's always warm at dottie angel's place. happy family time to you!

Deb said...

Your blog is so delightful and very inspiring! I wish to join along in your "challenge of the utmost kind" beginning tomorrow 11/26/10. Happy Thanksgiving!

http://debrascreativeramblings.blogspot.com/

Pure Ella said...

your blog just makes me happy ;)
xoxo

http://www.lifeologia.com/giveaway-announcement/

raquel said...

hermoso ,me encanto

frk Axelsen said...

Lovely!
From now on I will follow closely from Oslo. ;D

dottie angel said...

oh my goodness! thank you for your kind comments, you have truly warmed me through and through :)

Katie Bee said...

I could not resist making my own gleeful whatnot garland while waiting for more posts. It's a bit different and nicely suited to my home. Thanks for such lovely inspiration all the time!

http://littletoiloflove.wordpress.com/2010/12/04/christmas-whatnot-banner-the-results/

dottie angel said...

katie bee! it looks perfectly gleeful and whatnotty my dear :)
i love it!

Cavatine said...

Hello!
Bravo pour cet univers magique...J'aime...
Bizettes de France!
Cavatine
mon blog: http://escarpolette.canalblog.com
Bye!