Friday, April 9

perfectly peachy...

"ha ha
hee hee
tee hee"


i have no idea why but i needed to say that.
i said it whilst clapping my hands and looking like i had a really wonderfully exciting secret all to myself about something wonderful and exciting.
and if i dig deep i know i do but it is not for the telling just yet.

("oh Tif" you exclaim "that's just pants! going on about a secret and then not telling"
"ha ha, hee hee" say i)

so instead i will give you the next riveting installment of 'the wall in my kitchen' and lack of orla's goodness.
for that is what it's all about for the shed these days...

removing the wallpaper for the first few days did indeed feel like i had removed Mossy Shed's heart and soul.
but i told myself
"do not panic Tif,
do not fret at your wallpaper stripping ways,
do like you always do,
have a little faith in yourself
and all will be well"

and it is well dearest readers,
as well as can be expected for a wall that has just been stripped of its beauty that is...
our kitchen wall is now white and light,
a perfect backdrop for my latest color addiction.
actually it isn't my latest for i have always loved it,
for who can resist 'granny knicker' pink.
i found the color,
so perfect and peachy,
hiding at the back of my utility cupboard.
it wasn't super scary like the time before...
just perfectly perfect in every way.
the only problem being it was of a minuscule amount.

so for the purposes of what i had in mind i needed more,
i had the color matched in a fabby glossy eco paint by my local handy dandy paint matching man.
i have allowed myself to do that as i am thinking paint does play a large part in the rescuing of forsaken souls at the thrift store and i can't continue to paint everything in the shed turquoise for the next six months or it will do my head in...
so armed with my granny knicker 'perfectly peachy' pink paint
and this rather bright bookcase found locally
i got to work...
i then used these sweet forsaken little souls as a template to cut out and stitch some decals for the wall, giving it a slightly more happier spring feel...
the bookcase is housing my growing thrifty finds collection and is a work in progress.


i'm happy with my perfectly peachy granny knicker shelf but the only thing that keeps nagging me in the back of my mind is,
now i have a place to display a few things in our kitchen,
which was the whole point of the exercise
but i also
now have a place to gather dust.
which somewhat lessens the joy of my displaying...


but let us not focus on the negatives and only focus on the positives.
and what could be more positive then knowing there is another gripping installment to come of 'the thrilling tale of Tif and her kitchen wall'
yes indeedy, orla's goodness wrapped around the corner and that is what i'm working on now...

she is wishing you a 'perfectly peachy' weekend, perhaps a 'ha ha, hee hee' secret of your own and will see you on monday ~ Tif

29 comments:

Carol said...

ooooh let us start guessing....... perhaps some mini Olives..... or even No. 5 small person on the way to the shed!
Did Orla really survive round the corner? Can't wait for the next instalment.

lou said...

those swallows look so fresh on your new white wall. JUST today i painted my set of 3 birdies in blue. they're like yours.. only blue. the decal idea is super! well done, dottie! have a happy weekend. lou

Unknown said...

so pretty. your decor is ridiculously perfect.

Unknown said...

omg this is just too cute! Those little birds!!! love.

Sea Gem Studio - Diana said...

Love it!
I have a similar self placed on top of a smallish dresser with nick nacks and my sea glass collection on it. My dresser is yellow with blue showing thru and book case is a smish shmash of other colors. Tiss a fun way to display and brighten up the space.

Knicky Knacks said...

That's just gorgeous - I love the birds on the wall - you've inspired me to do something similar.

Rachel said...

I love that Amish Butterprint pattern of pyrex. I have a collection of it myself, and love to add to it whenever I get the chance ;)

dottie angel said...

carol, "ha ha" you did make me smile, i never thought you may try and guess my secretly secret!!!

lou, yes indeed your birdies are the same as mine, and yes they do make a wall smile :)

i hope you all have a lovely weekend my dearies...

Isobel and Carly Have a conversation said...

Delightful blog :)

Michelle said...

Oh Tif you tease so...
I adore the new birdie!!!
Just adorable...
and I am thinking that they are perfect next to your knicker pink shelf...
I am thinking thou that maybe the crocheted square wallpaper that I only dream of would have been far too busy for such a pretty space...
Can't wait till monday!!!

ms. claudette's closet said...

i love the color of the new cabinet!!! it is such a pink peachy fun color. i to will miss the wallpaper but change is good. about the cabinet an old window attached to the front as a door would save you from dusting. hope u have a great weekend =0} ms. claudette

brinaroze said...

I love your style, Tif. Your house is adorable. I'm decorating my first apartment, and never wanted to keep the walls white. Your decor has opened my eyes to how clean and pretty white walls can be.

(Love the birds too!)

Penny said...

Love your little flock of birds! Have a good weekend! Penny x

Tonia said...

Oh how fabulous is a perfectly peachy granny knicker shelf? I just have to convince the husband that it's what we need to make our lives complete!

Unbuttoned said...

It's all so simply perfect. I love love the little birds. Well done!

Jude said...

That's lovely and fresh....can't wait for surprise!!

andrea said...

I love the birds too ;)
I just stitched some to a market bag this past week!
Loved the Orla, but love the fresh pallette too :)

dottie angel said...

you have made my saturday morning... how lovely you are to be so kind about my granny knicker pink loving and little birdies!

and andrea, your birdies look lovely upon your market bag, really peachy indeed :)

cornel said...

Can't wait! C

Elissa said...

i think you and your fab blog are perfectly peachy.

Heidi said...

What a wonderful picture, I love the pyrex bowls with the other mix of dishes, and the birds ,too cute!!!

Yeah Yeah Girl said...

this is so beautiful ... nothing else to say

Amelia said...

oh to be a bird on the wall there!

Amelia.x

Francesca said...

'scuse me miss, are you going to be selling some of those gorgeous little birdies in your shop? i rather think you should. x

Leanda said...

OK... OK... I can forgive you for the wallpaper ripping now... just perfectly gorgeous yet again. I love the colourful swallows. Can't wait to hear your little secret too :)

the mama monster said...

ahh the birds, the perfect shade of peach. please tell us the shade you used? i love it! and although i am still worried about the orla goodness being gone i can see that you have a plan in mind.

hyggelig happy said...

i wont tell orla if you wont! Tiff this is so peachy it's making my face turn a 'peapod' shade of green with envy! :-)))

Vanessa Kiki Johanning said...

save me one perfectly ripped orla flower???
I would swoon!

Vanessa

sara said...

I keep making deals with myself "just 5 more minutes of reading her blog and I'll ____" and ... an hour has passed. ;)

I'm so loving you, your family, your style, your... just YOU! (Is that creepy?) It's not I swear!

Can I be so bold to ask if you have a template for those birds? I am coveting them (amongst a lot of other things, but these seemed the most likely to beg for!) and would love to create a spread using them in my little home:)

also, holy cow - does your shop sell out as soon as you update? so in love with your aprons. you = super talented.