Thursday, December 17

tucked in...

the yarn balls are safely tucked in for the night,
my folks are safely tucked in for the night,
little olive and used dog are safely tucked in for the night,
and the chickens are safely tucked in for the night.
and me?
well i too, will be safely tucked in for the night,
but not before i look upon my yarn as it sleeps,


twinkling in the night thanks to my friend lola, who quite simply is the bestest of the best. for she sent mossy shed a little care package this week containing some fairy lights, along with other such lovelies as homemade jam.
for one wicked moment, i thought i might try to pass the jam off as my own when my folks arrived but two things stopped me...
first it really is very wrong to lie, especially where one's folks are concerned,
and secondly, they wouldn't have believed me anyway...

so tonight the shed is feeling most gleeful, for surely it's near on impossible to achieve a level of suitable gleeness without fairy lights and homemade jam.
obviously lola is quite wise...
i took some of lola's wisdom and wisely strung my new secondhand lights over kathleen's cupboard, safely away from little olive and her pesky 'moments'.
their little twinkling ways nicely illuminate my 'i love you more than life itself' yarn stash which so far has been untouched by moi and Mr Hook.
but dearest readers, we all know it's just a matter of time before i cave in, running for a yarn ball to save me... for when tomorrow comes so does the end of school for two whole weeks and a little bit.

she will see you on monday for a 'gleeful adieu' before the stockings are hung ~ Tif

15 comments:

Our Hands For Hope said...

Tif, Just love your blog and especially that Christmas tree. I posted some photos...love it.
http://sabiiwabii.blogspot.com/
Have a wonderful Christmas.
Blessings,
Terisa

Vic said...

Ah, she's a rare gem, that lovely Lola Nova! I am a wee bit jealous of your twinkling lights & yummy jam....!

School only ends for 2 & a bit weeks...?! Here in OZ, christmas holidays combine with summer holidays to make for a massive stretch of school-less-ness, anywhere between 6 & 8 weeks!

I don't want Monday to come. I don't want any "adiu", be it gleeful or not!

Trixie@ the vintage bothy said...

WOW what a great blog! I love your interiors, but your Christmas tree is something else!!!! it should be in Liberty's window display.
Tracey

barbara said...

They are such pretty lights, what a kind friend...

SRA said...

Dearest Dottie Angel....Your prose truly have helped me rekindle the "Spirit of the Season" in my heart! Thanks for reminding this "too old for her britches" heart what "childlike wonder" feels like again!

Have the Merriest Christmas my friend...and though we are worlds apart...know you have touched and blessed the heart of a "renewed young at heart" gal in Cincinnati, Ohio!

Blessings,
The Serial Room Arranger

Lola Nova said...

I am very pleased to know that your shed has a festive glow about it and that I could help in a small way to bring a wee bit of glee to the holiday season.

I am sure that it will be just a short time before you and Mr. Hook get seriously acquainted with your heavenly yarn. Ooh, which color shall you choose first?

Marilyn said...

Such a pretty picture. Looks so cosy. Have a wonderful time...have recently found your blog and love it!
Marilyn

Heather @ Life Made Lovely said...

Twinkle lights make all things more lovely! Happy Holidays to you and your mossy shed.

Char said...

while out and about last night - I picked up a copy of artful blogging - I was delighted to see you there. Since I'm a newbie to your page, I just wanted to say I thoroughly enjoyed the article.

have a beautiful evening

Michelle said...

blog friend can be such christmas angels...
and lola is just a perfect peachy friend...
I love that you strung your lights out of little olive way...very good idea...
We all need to have some twinkling happening in our lives...

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say that I've been following your blog for a little while now and I love it!

And I often keep Christmas lights above my kitchen cabinets throughout the year. It makes a wonderful nightlight for all those midnight snacks :)

Ange said...

Ma chère Dottie Angel,
I would adorer to take part in your challenge. It is moi to a tee!! I have already started - without knowing you were doing the same and I have extended my own challenge to 'gifts for others' as well!!
I shall borrow your button for my side bar and raise my glass to you and your endeavours.
Happy sparkly Christmas lights
Ange

Ange said...

Oooh - I do believe, although I started a while ago now, seeing it's a personal conviction of mine anyway, that I didn't give you an official start date. May we define one as being from Today! WHen ever you read this wee comment. Your picture is gracing my sidebar already. A place for only kindred spirits!
Ange

Cindy at LottieBird said...

I, too, will go look at my yarn now.

Renee Campbell said...

Hello and Happy New Year! I was just wondering if you have the pattern for your gorgeous black/white and rose motif afghan? If so, do you know where I can find it? One of my goals for 2010 is to complete an afghan and I feel in love with this one the moment I saw it. It is breathtaking.

Thanks so much!
Renee Campbell
reneerose82@hotmail.com