Monday, December 21

dear Santa...

my name is little olive, you may have heard of me. i live at mossy shed with used dog and Tif.

Tif has told me all about you and the glee you bring on Christmas Eve. she also told me how you sometimes need a little extra help. so dear Santa i thought perhaps it might be nice for you to know i have been in training at mossy shed for some time now.
Tif told me there was no harm in sending you a note to let you know i have my antlers already by my bed just in case.


you will know it is me in my bed as i have a little garland just above with my name on, to guide you. the other thing i wished to mention, just quickly as i imagine you are super duper busy this week. i have a friend called used dog, who i mentioned earlier. she is my best friend despite her gray goatie beard, which i haven't actually pointed out as Tif told me this isn't a good thing to do. she said that aging females do not wish to be told of such tragic things and wish to live in the dark about hairy issues of the worst kind.

but Santa, i have digressed just like my owner, for what i was trying to say was, my friend used dog has been terribly good this year. she has been very nice to me, allowing me to play with her toys upon arrival at the shed. sometimes i get carried away with loving her toys a little too much, so dear Santa if it's not too much trouble could used dog have a new sock monkey, one with ears and arms.

please forgive my iffy typing, my little paws keep getting trapped between the keys.
so that's it i think...
i will see you in a few days, don't forget i will be the little pesky doggie sleeping with her antlers on


and you will be the one in a red suit and beard.

one last thing i just thought about, if again it's not too much trouble, could you possibly put some 'extra patience' in Tif's stocking this year. she is doing rather well but some days i am so pesky even she struggles. oh and a ball of yarn wouldn't go a miss either...

love little olive x

she is wishing you and your clans a fabby gleeful time, thanking you most kindly for being so generous with your comments this year and will be back on Jan 4th ~ Tif
footynote: if you wish to have some reading material with the run up to the christmas, then a visit to Stephanie's place might be in order. she has done a lovely advent blog with artists from all over the globe... start back on 1st of December and work your way through the days. lovely to see how we put 'glee' into our festivities in our own special ways... she kindly invited me to participate, and you can find me and my melancholy ways here

35 comments:

Char said...

wishing you the merriest of merries

Elissa said...

wishing you and your family a christmas of the most gleeful kind and hoping i get a bit of "extra patience" in my stocking as well.....

Sam said...

Sweetest sweetest thing...it has made me smile!

Samxx

Pamela Holderman said...

ahh this is so wonderful... I have been sick and this really cheered me up. Thank you!

Kate Kelleher said...

Ahhh! That was a wonderful post. My apron arrived! Yay!!! I love it. Merry Christmas Tiff. Thank you for your time. Kate xx

A Bun Can Dance said...

Dear Tif
Wishing you and all at Mossy Shed a most Jolly and Happy Christmas time!
Happy Days!
Denise x

Lola Nova said...

Yes, I believe that is the sweetest ever of santa's helpers.

Wishing you simply the bestest of the best holidays my dear!

Luna Levy said...

Dear Tif - thanks so much and I know that everyone will love your Christmas post at my place as much as they do at yours :)

I wish you a lovely, lovely holiday with your family and I look forward to reading and seeing more in 2010!

louise35flower said...

Happy Xmas to you and all in mossy shed, hope your xmas wishes are granted!
Louise x

Christina Lowry said...

Oh Olive, I hope Santa makes your wishes come true. But only if you are less pesky.

(I especially like the line about believing in Santa. Will have to remember that one!)

:)

Leah said...

Hey Tif,
Enjoy your time off and I hope you and your family have a very Gleeful festive season!

SnOOp said...

Hi Tif,

I have posted you on my blog. I hope you like. Happy holidays xxx

Greedy Nan said...

Dearest Tif - do have a glee-filled Christmas and enjoy every moment. x

Unknown said...

i do hope miss Olive gets her wish this christmas, especially the one about the yarn... ;)

wishing you all the glee in the world this christmas, i hope it is beautiful and memorable with all your loved ones close by... :)

emma
x

Gigi said...

Oh so adorable!
Blessings & Merry Christmas to you and yours,
G

Chrissie said...

Merry Christmas and thank you for your wonderfully entertaining blog!

UmberDove said...

Wishing you and yours (two legged, four legged, pointy hatted) the very Cheeriest Christmas and well-used break!

It's ALWAYS a joy to read here... thank you for all the glee and giddiness you share!

- Umber

Callies Cottage said...

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a thrifty happy new year.
Warm Winter Wishes,
Cally x x x

Traveling Mama said...

What a sweetie! Wishing you a merriest holiday! Hugs from Morocco!

Sara said...

lovely lovley little olive. Have a magical Christmas Tif :)

Pomona said...

Have a very happy Christmas!

Pomona x

Libby Buttons said...

Don't worry Olive. Santa is very forgiving.
Wishing you a season of CoMfOrt & jOy!
LiBBy BuTTons

Joshy and belle said...

hope you have a very merry christmas!
fliss xx

Unknown said...

Oh He is a Olive the other reindeer come to life . Or in his case to sleep.

wood & wool stool said...

Dear Tif! You're the most special person I've discovered this year; with passion for wool and humor at a rare level, a lovely dog with his own crocheted garland. I'm so proud that you've imported my stools to the US and they live in your beautiful home now. X Ingrid

joda said...

olive is soooo cute! her typing isn't bad, at all.

dottie... i just want to share with you that i thing your blog is beautiful and humorous and inspiring.. goodness, i sound like a goofy groupie.. i'm not. i just want you to know that i like what i see and have bookmarked your page...

would you mind, terribly, if i listed it among the blogs that i like to read?

happy holidays!!!

Joda (it's me, joda)

Marina said...

wish you the sweetest, quirkiest, loveliest New Year :)

Mary said...

What a sweet letter from a sweet pup. Happy New Year, Tif!

Progress Lighting said...

Cute post!

MooBeeTees said...

Just delightful! Happy New Year :)

Lucky Dip Lisa said...

Thankyou for your enteraining posts and lovely photography!
I am contemplating your challenge idea, I like it alot!

SaRaH said...

I wanted to cheer you with a HAPPY NEW YEAR 2010. In 2009 I discoverd your bog and your style that i appreciate a lot. Please keep sharing photos' from your interrior.
Love,
SaRaH

Anonymous said...

So Gald I found you!! But I am scared....very scared....I will spend waaaaaaaaaaay too much time here!!!

HAppy NEw Year
KAREN EILEEN

Heckety said...

I hope Santa did accept Little Olive's help!
I posted about the challenge of the utmost kind but forgot to tell you-http://hecketyathome.blogspot.com/2009/12/two-items-of-interest-perhaps.html
I also began to practise the challenge! http://hecketyathome.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2010-01-01T00%3A00%3A00Z&updated-max=2011-01-01T00%3A00%3A00Z&max-results=2
Judging by the comments I got you have really touched something in people!

Di said...

Very cute -certainly made me smile!!

Have you ever seen the animation Olive the Other Reindeer? You must have....you're dog is a dead ringer for Olive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i69D5InPKCI