Tuesday, August 25

a festival of 'granny love' ~ day two

starring on today's main stage of our festival of 'granny love' we have another talented crocheter... of course 'granny chic' is made up of more than crochet but some how crochet seems to sum up the whole feeling of 'grannyism'... and i am particularly drawn to it, knowing i can only marvel at the skills involved when actually achieving a non squiffy granny square or crocheting in a circle, and it staying in a circle...

today's 'wonder whizz with the hook' (does it get any better than that!) is the lovely Michelle.


now, i have known Michelle for as long as i can remember i have been blogging... she appeared in my comments one day, and then the next, and then the next. she returned day after day to leave her little bits of 'humor'.


despite my rubbishy replies to her lovely words, she continued to be there and so our friendship developed through her kindness and our mutual horror at both suddenly finding ourselves turning 40 in the blink of an eye... grieving for our days dressed in Dr Martin boots and hair dyed every color of the rainbow.


i like Michelle for many reasons, not least her forgiveness of my lack of words, but mainly because she lives 'down under' which sounds so exotic (far away lands and all they entail). she experiences things like the excitement of Christmas with hot weather, she loves all vintage, she runs a pub (yes! i know), she has chickens in her backyard, she maintains two blogs, she has an etsy store and best of all she crochets.


i have no idea when Michelle actually finds time to crochet and i am beginning to suspect that the elves that never show up at my place are in fact living life with her.
and quite right too, if ever there was someone who was well deserving of several elves helping out at night then it is she...


the latest project to receive Michelle's caring ways is Mr Vintage...


a rather neglected but handsombe trailer... she saw his potential straight away where others may have walked on by. she knew he had many good years left in him. he seemed a steady kind of guy, perhaps a bit rough around the edges but non the less a rugged charm, a girl finds hard to resist...


so do you see why i suspect Michelle does not sleep, but i for one am glad. for if she spent most nights 'shut eyed' then we would never be able to have this opportunity to appreciate her lovely 'granny loving' ways and i would not have the opportunity to own one of her lovely 'granny love' cushions.


Michelle is yet another fine example of 'granny chic'... quite different from Ingrid's but equally as 'grannified' and 'charming' i think you will agree...

she is off to watch little olive sleep and try to finish off yet another attempt at a granny blanket ~ Tif
footynote: all images except the last one belong to the talented Michelle and her elves

19 comments:

mrs boo radley said...

The lovely Michelle does beautiful work!

Great blog!

Pomona said...

She is obviously very talented - and very industrious! She puts me to shame. And I had a round blue and yellow crochet cushion when I was a child - why did I ever throw it away?!

Pomona x

karenshopes said...

I dont think you need to be worried about your writing, thats lovely I wish someone would write about me like that. I think it will bring a tear to her eye.
Karen

CurlyPops said...

What a great review of one of my favourite bloggers! Michelle is one generous and talented lady indeed.

Michelle said...

Tif...
I think I need to frame this post...
You have made my 41st year complete...
and to much shock I really don't have elves but I really don't sleep much either...Probably the fact that I consume around 10 cans of coke a day would help anyone with a much needed caffeine hit...and keeps one wide away till all hours...
One day I will slow down but not just yet I have to much "hooking" to do...
Love the granny chic series and so amazed that I'm part of it...

Kylie said...

I love Michelle's work. Such a worthy recipient of "granny love" accolades :) K

Anonymous said...

I too love Michelle and her work and even though I have passed 40 I still embrace my docs and my hair is still like a rainbow only it's a shades of grey now and not bright red or blue black!! loved visiting your space

Diana said...

Tis true she is the queen of crochet. Your cushion looks beautiful

Elissa said...

oh, these last couple of posts are making me DROOL and just completely giddy. i only learned to knit last year and now i am feeling a need to learn to crochet. bother. i need some of those elves! thanks for sharing these lovely girls!

Tracy x said...

Michelle sounds wonderful - i shall hot foot it over to her and admire all her amazing work
loving granny week x
t x

Francesca said...

utterly gorgeous. love the orange. clever clever ladies. x

Unknown said...

i love, love, love Michelle's crochet work and i can't get over how perfect her cushion looks on your sofa!

Anonymous said...

Loving the granny chic series, especially since I love crochet! I want her energy. :)

Teri said...

Oh my... what a beautiful blog! I love crochet work! I visited from sfbaygirl... I'm glad I did!

jungle dream pagoda said...

I share your thoughts of "the days of acceptable Doc Marten wearing" prolly being over for me ...but I continue to wear them!
Michelle is awesome and once upon a time I stumbled into her blog,but lost it,so thank you for sharing!

Betty Jo said...

Yay for Michelle...a lovely and super generous bloggy pal. I have a custom made Betty Jo doll made by Michelle, but my son has taken full ownership of it and it goes to bed with him every night..."so I don't miss mum when I'm asleep"
And yes she is a crocheting dynamo!

Beck said...

I always enjoy Michelle's blog, as well as being a superstar at crochet she is also very handy with a camera! I really loved this post and can't wait to read your next one xo

Teresa @ good-grace said...

oh my gosh... Love Michelle's work! Just marked her as a favorite. I'm such a sucker for "old-school" pillows... and especially NEW ones done in a modern way. Lovely!

~ Junkyard Jennifer said...

I love her granny cushions! They're so pretty. And, I'm enjoying your week of 'Granny Chic'.

I must be living under a rock (and have no doubt I am!) because I've never heard the term and yet I love all things Granny style. It's the perfect thing to call it!

~ Jennifer