Thursday, August 13

and the winner is...



it warms my heart to know that i am not the only one that appears to live in a dream world half the time. i have enjoyed each and every one of your 'creature wishes' and quite honestly, have been overwhelmed by the number of entrants...

the tough job of picking a winner has been laid upon the wee shoulders of little olive. originally 'used dog' was up for the challenge but 'life living with a young pup' has caused her to need quite a few extra 'rests' and so this afternoon as 'used dog' puts her paws up, little olive stepped in.


i am quite sure i shall live to regret inviting her to be 'chief winner' picker, she has sampled a bowl full of torn up paper and now realizes what all of her 12 weeks on this earth have been missing.




after picking out the winner, she then went on to pick out another, and another, and another... managing to get her wee chops around rather a large number of entrants.
once the bowl was removed from her reach she went off in search of newspaper, thus settling in for an afternoon of 'ripping, shredding and chewing'...

a grave mistake on my behalf, next time i require a 'winner picker', i shall be locating a 'likely looking' chicken from the backyard, or should i say my neighbors yard... that's right, my chickie peas have discovered the 'golden garden' that lies beyond the fence, so much more appealing with it's carefully planted hebeceous borders. i am staying indoors and not looking, in the hope it all goes away and my little chickens will not be accused of 'crimes against the neighborhood yards'...

and so we have a winner, mouth picked by little olive,
and that winner is


with
"I am going with a fluffy puppy and lion cub. Both would stay little and cute forever. And perfect for those days when you had too much wine the night before and you just want something soft and cuddly to snuggle up next to you on the sofa."
a worthy winner i think you will agree,

but wait! i have more...
because quite frankly i couldn't let this 'creature' pass by unnoticed
so we have another winner, handpicked by moi,
and that winner is
ms mildred
with
"I have to say, with no hesitation, that I would love my creature, if time and reality be no object, to be a baby dragon. My dad always made up medieval dragon fairy tales for me to go along with his tattoos, and I always wanted to be a raggedy, independent princess who had her own dragon whom she could nestle in her pocket. Of course, it might grow into a protector of sorts, which is always handy. Lastly, dragon's name would, of course, be dragon. Because thinking up the perfect name is too impossible when faced with such a fantastic creature."
ms mildred will receive a 'dottie angel' something or other because quite honestly i just love the reason behind her 'creature wish' and the visual that i got when reading her reasons.

well done to mel and ms mildred, please contact me (tif@dottieangel.com) and i'll be sure to send your winnings, hoppity quick via snail mail...

she's off to stop the 'bulldozing' going on in her small patch of daffodil bulbs and will be back tomorrow with more news of the 'feathered' kind ~ Tif

8 comments:

Hear Me Roar! said...

Little Miss Olive already looks like she's grown by leaps and bounds since you've been away! And I'm sorry I haven't answered your e-mail, but I've been feeling rather overwhelmed of late. If Olive's collar is way off on the size I should probably just make a new one... one's judgement becomes quite skewed about puppy size when one's own puppy is a mastiff.

So glad you're back!

chloejessica said...

OMG this is so cute! I can't believe Olive didn't pick me! :( JK Congrats to the winner! That is so cute that Olive picked the winner! :)

Mary said...

Well done Olive and congratulations to the lucky winners. I love the idea of a little pocket dragon too!

Mel Design Heaven said...

Tif and olive - thank you, thank you, thank you! What a lovely surprise. I can't wait to float around my apartment in my new apron pretending I have chickens to feed and bread to bake. Thanks again.
Mel

barbara said...

I love that top photo-- so peaceful looking!

AT said...

What an amazing surprise...and here i was, so happy for Mel Design Heaven, when what do i see after scrolling down, down, down? My little creature wish! I am all astonishment! Thank you, Tif, for your wonderful creations and your generous spirit.
Best wishes!

andrea said...

Oh how funny:)
My doxie Coco picks my giveaway winners too!

Marie said...

Olive is adorable and talented too!
Congrats to Mel Design Heaven : )