Monday, April 23

knowing me, knowing you...

i love it when you meet new friends when you are least expecting to...i had two such chance meetings this week
#1 meeting ~ on friday, i was pushing my cart around Target, picking up boring items like cat litter and trying to avoid the usual 'Target Traps' that they set for me, eg. clothing, bags, shoes, homewares, you get the picture. just as i was heading towards the checkout, feeling very pleased with myself for avoiding the said 'traps', a small word caught my eye...'BOOTS'. now any Brit living in the States would immediately stop in their tracks if they saw that word. i dared to look down the aisle and gleaming from every shelf was No7 and Botanics beauty products from the UK. (do you hear the chorus of angels) and standing right beside them was an angel herself. that's right, a british Boots employee who proceeded to spend the next hour giving me a make-over, boosting my flagging moral and making me feel young and british again.

i left with a 'miracle cream' (i shall report on that another time), a new eyeliner, a lip gloss and another 'Target Trap' to be avoided...

#2 meeting ~ saturday saw me sitting in the bank, hoping to sort a few things for dottie angel. the girl that helped me turned out to be a fellow crafter (the best kind of chance meeting), we got talking and talking. Tasha turns out to be a self taught crafter (just like myself) and is a very talented textile artist. we both share a love for embroidery and embelishing fabrics...what a fantastic chance meeting...

right, i am off to my sweat shop up the stairs before i have my yoga lesson, which will then put production down by an estimated 50% this week, so i had better get a move on...

i have no interesting pictures for you, so i have dug deep into my 'favorite things' pile and given you this one...a great way to start the week.

happy monday Tif

No comments: