Thursday, April 12

reasons to be cheerful (and a little giddy)...

reason one:
we went on an easter holiday trip across the border, we came back with cadbury's easter eggs.


Used Dog and Little Olive came back from their little hols smelling like indoor air fresheners

reason two:
after wishing for an age and a day to start making homemade frocks, over the past few weeks i spent my 'sabbatical of sorts' doing just so. armed with a roll of wallpaper i set about making a pattern for what was inside of my head. i am most thrilled with the results of my sunshine frocks.


of course some may say they are glorified potato sacks with a tie here and there... and indeed they are not far off. but with rose coloured specs and a pair of clogs, they are perfectly perfect dottie angel frocks to me

reason three:
hip hip hooray! my dottie angel book is going to second print. this is simply thrilling news and one that has me positively beaming with crafty pride. many many thank yous to those of you who bought the book, were so kind in your response upon reading it and in doing so encouraged others to buy a copy too. there are a few left of the first edition with the little glassine envelope of goodies and you can find the nitty gritty here 

reason four:
in a couple of weeks our little routine at mossy shed will fly out the window with the arrival of a new member of our clan. i am giddy and nervous all at the same time. i cannot believe it has been three years since we have invited a critter or two into our home. three whole years in which i have seen the numbers dwindle in our shed, 'beings and critters' have left and it is high time we upped the numbers again. madness and insanity is bound to follow but what is life without a little of both

reason five:
i have made it through four months since seeing Our #1 and Our #2, and realize i only have two more to go. i have made it over the half way line and am on the homeward stretch. 


we will see each other in old blighty this summer. i am not thinking about the fact it is eight months till they actually come home to mossy shed and that by the time they come home, it will have been a whole year since they have been home. no sirree, that would not be the thing to do.

reason six:
tomorrow my 'dottie angel' camp starts. 


i have spent the last few days making a huge iceberg of crafty goodness in my old studio. 


in the morning i will squeeze my iceberg into the back of the van and head to Seattle where upon 13 wonderful dearies will be taking trains, plane and automobiles from across the state and the pond to meet me. for the next few days we will embark on a frenzy of crafting till our hearts content, making handmade goodness and new friendships

reason seven:
a secretive secret which i will share next week. one that has been behind the scenes for a while but now, can move to center stage

Tif 

40 comments:

Annie Jeffries said...

I love your frocks. And I love that word. So much nicer than the ordinary "dress".

Kim said...

love your dresses and crafty frenzy! Hope you have a great time!

Dinahsoar said...

Your frocks look beautiful to me...and when it comes to comfort, I'm in--so no matter if they are potato sack like...the fabric makes all the difference. I often wish I were more daring in my dress and less conventional. Conventional comfort can often look frumpy/dumpy/lumpy. LOL.

Sharon Stanley said...

It just seems unfair to leave us with reason seven....! (*wink*)
i know i am most anxious to hear about #7 as well as who/what the new clan member will bring to the mix!

Kath said...

How very lovely indeed, and what lucky dearies they are to be joining you and your iceberg if craftiness. Hope used dog and little olive enjoyed their holidays too! Looking forward to meeting your new critter...and finding out this secret secret.

point in void said...

what a beautiful beautiful iceberg! cant wait to hear your secretive secret! xxx

wimcee said...

Many good reasons for happiness!

Apple Blossom Barn said...

Hi

What a great post

Good luck with your crafting and those dresses are fab!

Denise
xxxxxx

Daisy said...

Things all sound very exciting Tif. I can't wait to see the new additions. Have a wonderful time this weekend. Your goodies all look amazing. xxx

carrad said...

Absolutely beautiful and inspiring crafting. I adore those frocks! You have a great talent and know how to use it. Much love xxx

silly old suitcase said...

Hey Tif, so good to see you!
Do you call this a sabbatical?
OMG...your studio is exploding with pretty stuff, it looks so nice!
I love your potato sacks, wish a had one to wear ;-)
You really make me curious...a secret?...

xxhave a nice week

Melbourne Girl said...

Oh Tiff...all of your reasons are wonderful!

I have to say though, your lovely dresses have really put a twinkle in my eye. Especially the grey one with the pink/mandarin trim. I always do a double-take when I see anything pretty in grey, especially if it's teamed with a little white flower and some pretty coloured trim. The olive green one looks pretty special too!
Gorgeous!
Lesley
xx

dottie angel said...

hello hello! many thank yous for the spiffy comments about my iceberg of crafty-ness and indeed my glorified potato sacks :)
i am wishing you all a peachy crafty weekend
x

vintage grey said...

Oh, I love your frocks Tif!! They are beautiful!! Love the iceburg of goodness!! :) xo heather

Carmen (CountryMouse) said...

Tif, Love the frocks and wish you Well! Am feeling rather sad that Jamie & I are unable to come out for the crafty goodness. Hopefully another time. I am feaverishly sewing little lovelies for my new granddaughter (yay! A girl!) to arrive at the end of July. Looks like you have been a very busy lady! Our best to you and your family!

Kaatje Catootje said...

Have lots of fun!!

Lily said...

I love the fabrics you have used in your frocks. They remind me of summer fields full of daisies. Can't wait to see your new critter. I want to increase my critter population but we are moving this year and so I just have to be patient. Lily. xxx

Dear Demoiselle said...

Dottie Angel, I love your frocks. Sabbaticals of sorts are great for so many things, frock-making included -

I've been sneaking around your blog for a while, and wanted to tell you that I adore your posts. Your style of writing cheers me up no end!

chirleymaria2@gmail.com said...

Tudo lindo! Suave e de muita paz! Vestidos maravilhosos!
Seja feliz!Seja você!

Brabarella Lingerie said...

Dearest Dottie, will you be selling some of those lovely sacks, er, frocks?? Or perhaps patterns, tutorials, and such? Have a glorious time at camp!

Rachel at Stitched in Color said...

Oh, wow, congrats on your book! I know you are off and running on your lovely weekend now. Enjoy, enjoy!

lebenslustiger said...

Oh how i wish how i wish I could join - have a wonderful time in seattle! Greetings from Germany

frockandrollonline.com said...

Your frocks look absolutely gorgeous! What beautiful fabric!

Barbara Neubeck said...

Hi Tif,
Your frocks are lovely and I like your studio full of crafty things.
Have a lovely time crafting with the group.
I like the idea of counting the reasons to be happy....to smile..etc that you doGGod Bless
Barb from Australia

Loopy Red Hen said...

Full of loveliness. I was away from my #2 for three hours today. I ached. It's a wonderful truthful ache that reminds us of why we are alive.

I am currently sewing flowers to my own 'potato sack' here here to aprons and colourful material that makes us and the world smile.

happy thoughts to you and your crafty ladies this weekend. it's a little too far for me to pop in for a cuppa but maybe one day...

Katie said...

I love your pretty frocks. The patterns and colours are super. I will stay turned for the reveal of your secretive secret! I found your blog for the first time today and am glad I did. Love Katie xx

Jamie said...

wow - someday I will get to one of your crafty funshops! Sounds like a blast. Can't wait to hear about the new member of the clan and the secrety secret!!! ...on pins and needles here! Jamie V in MT
http://rem-nants.blogspot.com
jamievowell@yahoo.com

Kreetta said...

Hei hei I love your work! I've also been doing some crocheting with lamp shades...not ready yet :) Have a great camp! I was also thinking it but -you are so far away :/

liz said...

Such lovely dresses. Hope you had a beautiful weekend crafting away. Liz xx

Anonymous said...

what beautiful frocks! it inspires me to get frock-ie myself!! oh how i pray every night that reason seven is extra places added to the hope & elvis workshop!!!! *crosses fingers and toes & squeezes eyes REALLY tight!!!*

Barnicles said...

Amazing frocks. Are they for sale or personal use? very stylish potato sacks :)

I'm hoping to get a copy of your book soon! adding it to my wishlist

Have fun at dottie angel camp, only sad I'm so far away! wrong country fail :)

Barnicles

Vanessa Johanning said...

checking back in to see how your weekend went!! I m sure those 13 sweeties had a BLAST!!


you inspire my life...yes indeedy.......... she giggles.....

~vanessa
RhinestoneContessa.com

Greenmare said...

frocks are lovely, and indeed frock is much more descriptive word than dress. I am in my very chilling room of happiness wishing I could join your Seattle bunch, but I will live vicariously through your photos and blogging

Kelley Hart said...

So much suspense! I can't stand it!

pieceLove said...

Ooooo
A secretive secret.
I'll bet Moneypenny had a bunch of secretive secrets.

kjogo said...

I'm now most definitely inspired to be a little crafty myself. Everything looks lovely. (I love the yellow laundry basket, too!)
Happy wishes for your trip!

dottie angel said...

oh many thank yous indeed for the well wishes for my camp and your kind words! we had the bees knees time polishing our crafty souls and now back home again to mossy shed... hitting the ground running :)

vintagevixenarts said...

Holy mac!That is the mother load of all crafting!I feel positively lazy! And oh, the lovely frock's! Why,you cranked out an entire wardrobe! Everything you make is absolutely wonderful!..(I say as I take a bow to your imagination)

Anonymous said...

Love these old frocks, and when I find them online I snap them up myself! Same with beautiful old dresses, anything "mad men" works well for my office, and thre are so many things one can do to spice them up so that they don't look dated but... well, wonderful!

Blessings Eileen @ Star's Fault

caroline @trend-daily said...

Wonderful, wonderful lampshade mobiles tif and gorgeous looking studio-you are SO clever! Just love your blog! :-)