Wednesday, December 8

calendar girls...


outside it is chucking it down and i fear daylight will not get a look in before night fall, however i will not let that dampen my spirits, no sirree, i will not spend my day fretting about not getting photos finished for my etsy shop, nor will i worry that if i go out in said 'chucking it down' rain my newly acquired bangs (fringe) will get a mind of their own and stop looking peachy smooth 'straight from the salon' loveliness.


for near on 18 years i have remained bangless, and i am quite sure that is not something one goes around saying in public, however if the word bangs is the word for fringe, then i see i have no alternative when living abroad and embracing a different language but to use the correct terminology. if i was in old blighty i would say "for near on 18 years i have remained fringeless" but i am not, so i must go with the wording 'bangless' and try to say it with a straight face.
my bangless state has come to an end (still with poker straight face) and yesterday after much fretting and pondering with several lovely folks (who know who they are) i went for the chop!

my clan cannot look me in the eye without smirking, my man exclaimed upon arriving home late last night, drenched from rain and soccer
"oh my god! i can actually see your face, wow!"
followed by laughter, i have no idea if that was a wonderful exclaiming on his behalf, i did not bothered to find out for at the time i was busy adjusting to feeling like i had a helmet on my head. however i am delighted to report this morning it feels less like a helmet and more like a light weight summer cap, so me thinks this is a good sign.

in the meantime as i adjust to my new bangy way of life, i have several thrilling 'this and thats' to have happened i really did wish to share, so for today, if i may be so bold, i wish to share the moment i became a calendar girl

a few moons ago, (not many moons, just enough though to allow me to pen the word 'moons' which i like) the lovely Kathreen of the peachy online place Whipup kindly invited me to be a calendar girl for her Whipup Calendar 2011. i have never been asked to be a calendar girl before so as you can imagine, i did have a few giddy moments of excitement about the whole idea.

Whipup is a lovely site that hosts a whole wealth of inspirational ideas from around the crafty community, i have no idea how Kathreen found me and my how-tos but she did, and often kindly pops them up on her lovely site so folks may find them.


the calendar features 12 crafty souls and is available in three printable formats all for the rather fabby price of $5, which i am told goes to supporting Whipup and keeping it doing what it does, which i think is truly spiffy, for Whipup is a wealth of crafty goodness 'how-tos' and inspiration. all the information about the calendar and nitty gritty stuff that Kathreen has covered can be found here



i can be found as Miss March, which i thought was quite lovely as usually March is a month i have little connection with, but now when March 2011 rolls around i will be able to feel a bond knowing i am Miss March. Kathreen asked each crafty calendar girl a set of three questions and over the past few weeks she has been posting the little mini interviews on Whipup. if you care to peruse her archives you will find them easily and if you happen to wish to find my little three answers you can find them here under Miss March. you will also find right at the bottom of my spiel a link to all 11 other peachy calendar girls and their crafty places.

so there we have it, it may be grotty and wet outside, dull as a cave inside but just looking at the lovely pictures and crafty goodness on the Whipup Calendar 2011 my day is already feeling brighter

she is off to the big city in the rain, with only her new bangs to help with driving directions ~ Tif

33 comments:

dragonfly said...

Yay! I just got bangs too (smirk!)

congrats on becoming a calender girl - I may have to indulge

Pammy Sue said...

All the fashion and style magazines says you should opt for bangs as you get, ahem, older. I'm sure you look years younger and will enjoy the bangs. I recently got "banged" myself! They look good on you in the picture.

Vickie said...

Tif

I'm loving the "bangs" - although I must agree that the British terminology is much more civilized...congrats on the calendar!!

Vickie in Seattle

Anonymous said...

I always giggle when I see "bangs", given that I am a Blighty person and also say fringe!x

mel @ loved handmade said...

I have a fringe too! I do love it, I chopped all my hair off a few yeays ago & went without fringe, but now it's back & I feel like me again! Though I must say this terrible humdity we are suffering through at the moment i not my friend, and unfortunately i do not do hats well...

Anonymous said...

Ah Miss March, fab fringe and great looking calendar too!

Fruitful Fusion said...

I absolutely LOVE the hair!!! Think I need "bangs" now too! And love that you're Miss March!!!

Heidi said...

Lovely....You should check out my giveaway it's right up your alley!

Trixie@ the vintage bothy said...

I love your bangs!!!!!!
T X

Timolily said...

Bangs..*snigger* Don't worry over here we say bra for arms and bonk for the bank.. ;-)
Maybe next time you get banged you can get shagged too... :-O

Vicki K. said...

It was just this past summer that my Surrey cousin and I discovered the bangs/fringe phenomena. Neither of us could get over the oddness of the name assigned to that particular follicular feature by the other's country...

I think they look fabulous on you, profiley speaking, of course.

Sweet Birdy Love said...

Hey Tif, congrats on being Miss March, sounds like a character from an old novel......
Love your new fringe, looks very sleek and chic.
Talking abut rain, was chucking it down here big time. FIve inches in little over an hour, summer ha...........

Carol said...

I was a bit concerned there, Tif, Miss March! Calendar Girl! hardly daring to scroll down the page........... phew, no, she's not following the ladies of Rylstone WI after all!
I think your fringe/bangs suit you very much.
Still loads of snow in Blighty and it is ccccccccold.
Carol xx

Francesca said...

loved your mini interview. i had the same etsy moment. a whole new world opened up before my eyes. x

cynthia newman said...

Good for you taking the plunge and getting bangs! I've had them all my life and LOVE them! They look good on you! Enjoy!!
Cynthia

Michelle Shefveland said...

So glad I remembered to visit your blog today, as you gave this American soul a very hearty laugh on many accounts.

Love your creativity and if I recall you live near Seattle? We lived near Snohomish/Everett from 1999-2001 when I was heavy into quilting (now am heavy into digital art, but long to get back to some more quilting). What a wonderful adventure Seattle was for us Minnesotans.

Happy holidays!

Michelle

My Handmadehappiness said...

awh Tiff I really do enjoy your blog really I do, yet another fab post! I love the link to your inspirational people I can see Jane so well!! PS "bangs" means Big Breasts in the UK very funny!!! xx

Shelley in SC said...

Congratulations, Miss March!! And, by the way, those bangs look stunning!! ("Bangs" is a weird word; isn't it. Never thought about that!!)

Little Blue Mouse said...

How exciting to be a calendar girl!

I'm so glad you explained about bangs or I would have been imagining all sorts of things.

Rachel at Stitched in Color said...

The fringe looks great. I'm sure it is with great relief that you admit you are no longer bangless.

P.s. I found you through Whip Up's calendar, so yay for that ;)

dottie angel said...

oh my dearies! gosh you have made me giggle and chuckle to myself whilst reading your comments... i am thanking you for brightening my day further and delighted you like Whipup's calendar too :)

Eva said...

Tif, you look fantastic! I wish I could get "banged" (ahahahah) but sadly I have very fine hair and spend most days fending off questions about chemo and other awful queries. Damn you fine hair (insert fist shaking here)and WISH I could look as great as you do. Enjoy - you look wonderful!!
Eva xoxo

Frances said...

Good for you! A fringe is a great style. There are so many ways to handle it... blunt cut, or very fringy.

I got my first fringe cut when I was ... maybe 3 or 4. And at regular intervals ever since have gone to that style again.

Yours looks grat. Bravo!

Amy said...

Congratulations on becoming Miss March, and your "bangs" are lovely, I have always thought that word was odd :)

I have a skirt made out of the same exact fabric as your dress (that's what I am assuming it is). Is it by chance from My Rebe? I love her things, I have a few pieces from her and I adore them.

paperbird said...

Oh how you made me smile with your beautiful and creative flair with words.

You looks so pretty with bangs. My little LuLu wants bangs- I told her not until she was at least 21!

Frugal Down Under said...

Gorgeous fringe! Nice smooth hair. Impossible here in the humid tropics - my hair is always a mess. I miss my Paris days with Anais Nin smooth hair.
I once lived in NY for a short while and discovered the words Bangs and Fannie Pack. I could never say them to my posh employers without being it fits of giggles :-)
Your post made me SMILE very big.

Karen M. Andersen said...

Hi again Tif! Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my comments in regards to your last post and for sharing with me...you are a sweetheart, really :) Wow, so you have 3 days of birthdays at Christmas! I agree, having birthdays close to Christmas like that makes for some wonderful family times. You are a wonderful Mum for making an extra fuss of your kiddos like my parents did too :)

I must say first of all that your fringe looks fantastic! Being an Aussie, I am all for the term fringe instead of bangs. I only ever call it a fringe...I cannot get used to calling a fringe bangs. No offense to your adopted overseas home intended :)

And Congrats on WhipUp! I read your q&a on WhipUp and my gosh, can I ever relate to the things you said! I am opening up an Etsy shop now my youngest has settled into school. I hope to open it next week. I come from an arty crafty family also - my Nana is a dressmaker and taught me to sew when I was a teenager, with some help from my mum. Mum has also taught me to quilt and crochet, and I love to draw. At high school I wanted to study either forensic medicine or art and I chose the former, but realized upon having my children that my heart belonged to my art and craft. I cannot imagine my life any other way now. I am a firm believer that you must do in life what the heart wants.

My crocheted coathanger tutorial was featured on WhipUp a few weeks ago - I was so excited! It's a wonderful site, huh?

Well I am so sorry for my rambling Tif! Enjoy your new hair and your successes...you truly deserve all of the opportunities that come your way :) Oh, I have your tea towel set hanging on my wall at home and I crocheted a cover for an old kitchen canister using your jar cover tutorial - I must post pics on my blog to show you!

Karen xx
http://karenmandersen.typepad.com

The Muse of The Day said...

Fringed vs. banged - total laughter - a great way to start my day. Loved it. Carolina

Cote Studio said...

I am a new follower of your blog and would like to express my gratitude for the smiles I get from reading your posts. Love your designs and, being a dog lover, am always delighted to read about little olive. Thanks for the joy! :)

Emmelie Lindner said...

Really love your blog!
Especially the blog title.
Placed a link om my blog!

Love,Emmelie

http://lepetitartistevoyager.blogspot.com/

dottie angel said...

karen! how wonderful that you should be opening and etsy store :)
good luck my dear!

amy! you are correct indeedy, 'tis a myrebe dress, beautifully handmade from organic and vintage fabrics... she really knows how to make fabby eclectic clothing!

eva! hands down you have the most beautiful hair i have ever seen, not to mention eyes and skin...

thank you again my lovelies for enjoying a few giggles with me :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! March is a great Month..that I have no attachment to either....until now...when March does roll around, and I know it quickly will, I'll jump for joy and exclaim to anyone who might be within ear shot!

"Alas it is The Dottie Angels" month!

Love your fringe...it suits you perfectly!

Ciao Bella!
Creative Carmelina

Momichka said...

Hi Tif,
Your new bangs look great!
Love the calendar, too :)

All the best,

Marija