Monday, October 25

monday morning...


last thursday evening when i was rootling through the chunky yarn section in our local craft store, i came across a fat quarter named 'farmdale curio' by alexander henry fabrics.
the little fat quarter distracted me from the chunky yarn section
with its pretty vintage palette of cream, brown, grey, red, orange and yellow.
i tried to ignore said little fat quarter, i rounded the corner and went back to my original intentions. but alas, the little fat quarter kept whispering my name, after ten minutes, which i thought was quite an admiral length of time, i caved...

since returning home to the shed with the little fat quarter
i have been 'a plotting' and 'a planning' quality time with the little sweetie.
this morning we awoke to yet another day of blustery 'winnie the pooh' weather
and so it seemed foolish of me to not take advantage.
"why do monday morning 'chorey' things Tif, when a 'perfectly perfect' little fat quarter
has been waiting patiently for 4 nights and 3 days to be played with" i told myself.
taken heed of my own wise words, i battened down the hatches, made a cup of tea, heated up Mr Shark and switched on Miss Ethel.

being the size of a little fat quarter, there was not a lot to play with,
i pondered a cushion or a bag as i pottled around my studio,
my pottling took me into the lounge, little fat quarter in my hand, where it all became clear.
kathleen's cupboard in all her peachy danish glory, had mentioned the other day, perhaps it might be quite nice to have a new coat.
well as i am all about little coats these days, who was i to disappoint.



a few happy hours later, 'patching and a stitching' with my little fat quarter playing center stage,
kathleen's cupboard is now feeling most happy indeed, with her grande 'just say it like it is' coat.
it is a little bit wonky, certainly random and perhaps a tad squiffy, but she doesn't seem to mind :)





she is thinking tuesday is looking a grand day for monday 'chorey' things ~ Tif

36 comments:

dulcy said...

Hi Tif!

Just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy your blog. I rarely comment, but check in throughout the week. Love your photography, and your fiber art is fabulous!

Anonymous said...

That is a fabulous fabric and your patchwork is lovely per usual. It's blustery here too, and warm, rather more like Spring than Fall, but I'll take it. :)

Your ironing corner is amazing, btw. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my heavens. Lovely. Absolutely lovely!

Unni Strand said...

It's a truly lovely piece of work!

misschris said...

What a lovely new frock! (And I must say that sunny patch of mustard yellow roses is making me smile from ear to ear.) xoxo

Sharon Stanley said...

ah tif, your cupboard looks just spiffy as spiffy can be...but i must advise you to, again, put off the monday chores....how does wednesday look? thursday? oh heck, how 'bout NEXT monday?!

Maaike said...

What a beautiful result! Just came across your blog... This huge like of vintage looking fabrics makes me jealous ;-). Wonderful!
Maaike

Anonymous said...

I love it.....precious xoxoxoxo www.1942charm.blogspot.com

Itchin' Stitchin' said...

Love her new coat!!!! I was always say if I walk away from something and just can't help myself from thinking about it ... it's meant to be.

Bobo Bun said...

Not only can you create a fabulous patchy coat, you can ignore dull stuff and move it on a day. I need to develop the skill of ignoring chores more I think.

X

Anonymous said...

So warm and cozy, a perfect fall coat.

Seaside Siblings said...

Wow!! It looks stunning! I have been wanting to do something like this for a while to my wardrobe... I think you have just given me the motivation.

NoraAnne said...

This is just gorgeous!

Amy said...

I love it, so cute!
And I absolutley love that fabric, I have a yard of it and have to restrain myself from buying yards and yards of it :)

dottie angel said...

oh thank you my lovelies! kathleen's cupboard is positively beaming with your kindness...
so spurred on by spending quality time with Mr Shark and Miss Ethel i am now working on some 'strings of happy'!!! so indeed, perhaps those usual 'chorey' monday things may get pushed out further :)

Vickie said...

Tif,

You never cease to amaze and charm me with your crafty "wonderfulness"...I was feeling a little under the weather today and your "coat" put the pilot light back on in my head today....thanks again Tif....

Vickie in Seattle

barbara said...

Oh I just love the freshness and prettiness of your cupboard in its new clothes!
Enjoy looking at it ...

paperbird said...

so very pretty here- as always. I always love me a bit of pretty dottie sunshine.

Tonia said...

Tuesdays are usually better days for chorey things - Mondays should always be counted as the unofficial Third Weekend Day with the necessary Weekend In Pyjamas Head!

Selfsewn said...

Sigh..you make everything look so effortless!

Clare

kit and nancy. said...

oooo those fabrics are just deeeeelicious! thanks for sharing this gorgeous project!

Eleni said...

Cupboard ENVY!

valysblog said...

I love it ! thanks

Autumn Mist said...

I think I'd love the cupboard anyway (that would be 'cupboard love', then, wouldn't it?) but it looks fantastic now.
I have been given a jar of honey recently, which came in what looked like a nylon string vest, not a patch on one of your coats - you'd have shuddered!

Rebecca Newport said...

It's lovely Tif! Looking forward to the balls of string!

Carol said...

Oh what lovely patchwork, Tif. I used a piece of Alexander Henry fabric to line a crocheted bag, it is called "Willow Grove" (the fabric not the bag!)and it is lovely, cute little houses and winding paths.
I did the chorey things yesterday, I think you made the better use of the day.
Carol xx

Trixie@ the vintage bothy said...

beautiful.

angela said...

I just discovered your beautiful work and I post it on my blog. Thank you for inspiring and best wishes for your next projects!

dottie angel said...

gosh! thank you all my dears for your 'cupboard love' :)
and quite right, mondays is so much better not being a 'chorey day'!

Janine said...

You are amazing!

It looked lovely before, and now it is divine. I only wish I had this version on film: I guess another visit is in order!

Vintageregreening said...

Hello!
I have send you a award beacuse You got a very nice and happy blogg.

PEACHES said...

look at those colors! Like ice cream. but better. much, much better!

dottie angel said...

ha! janine! i thought about that the minute i popped it up! you know you and the clan are welcome back anytime :)

thank you vintageregreening and peaches, you are most kind!

Brigg said...

oooo lovely! Can i borrow these pictures and show them on my blog? linking to your blog of course:-)

Hoola Tallulah said...

I love this so much, just delightful, as are you and your prettyfull blog, always so inspiring :) Greetings from Blighty <3

WODEHOUSE said...

so romantic!