Friday, April 10

is it really easter...

"this is it" i told my man yesterday afternoon as he sat in a little lurgified heap opposite me, watching the soccer..."i have seen our future, when we are at the point of 'knocking on heavens door'. you will be in that chair, old and wrinkly in your PJ bottoms and string vest watching the soccer results and i will be reclining on my day bed surrounded by my furry friends, dreaming of colin firth and johnny depp. they will happen to pass by our house, come in, be intoxicated by my aging beauty and have an old fashioned duel to win my favor. i think colin will win, we will be in a passionate embrace and i will 'come to' from my dreaming only to discover it isn't colin covering me in lovely kisses but a goat...and you will still be in your chair, in your string vest..."

the easter bunny has informed me she does not have the strength to hop around the yard at the crack of dawn this sunday...i have told the easter bunny "do not fear little easter bunny, i have a cunning plan, it involves the bathroom window and a catapult"

the easter decorating has come to an abrupt halt this week. i have managed one wooden egg in a melamine egg cup...i am telling myself a 'minimalist, understated easter look' is very in...


"why are you always sick around the holidays?" asked our #1 last night, who i must tell you kindly came home yesterday in the middle of the day to make her poor old mum a cup of tea, she didn't think i was safe around an electric kettle due to the medication i was taking. (can you tell from this post i shouldn't be allowed near my computer either)

she's thanking you for your well wishes, is off to her sick daybed to dream of colin and johnny, whilst hoping you all have a visit from the easter bunny ~ Tif

6 comments:

Jeannette said...

The bathroom and catapult......that´s something I would like to see. ;)
Get well soon and Happy Easteregg shooting.

CurlyPops said...

Get well soon and Happy Easter!

Michelle said...

dear tif...
i do hope you are better soon...
and johnny will always win in my books...
he is so dreamy in a kind off "bad boy" sort of way...got to love it!!!

Gayle said...

Your cunning plan has got me thinking too. Could I lob them from my windows also? Hmmm.

kat said...

ack you poor thing! i always get the pestilence on fridays for some odd reason.

i recommend catapulting the eggs at the kids - entertaining for you, & they're sure to find them if hurled in their directions.

~ Junkyard Jennifer said...

Just catching up on your last few posts...

I hope you're feeling better soon! And, that you enjoyed your Easter.

I love the pesky squirrels and the patchwork curtain. Your little chicks are getting so big! We're going to try to hatch some of our own Bantams this spring/early summer. (Bantams eat ticks, and we have plenty of those around here.)

~ Jennifer